I did not pre-order Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Fuzzy Bear

My 405th brothers and sisters,

Tonight will be the first time in the history of mankind that I will not be at a Halo game's pre-release party. Why you ask? Not by laziness I assure you, but rather my lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming game. I'm just not that excited for it. Sure it might be Halo, but then again, Halo has changed. And I feel that it's for the worse. I feel like it's just been too soon since Halo Reach to release a new game. I don't want a new game every year, that is not how Halo works. This isn't Call of Duty, but I'm not sure if 343 Industries knows it. One year between releases is not enough to fully play through and discover all of the hidden lulz and easter eggs hidden throughout most Halo games.

If I can expect a new game every year, then why bother getting excited for it? It won't be special anymore. I won't have to wait 3 or 4 years for the next game, which builds up huge amounts to tension and excitement for the next installment.

I've tried to keep myself free of all Halo 4 related content, and to be honest, the things that I've seen haven't excited me. The new armor looks dumb. Why are we fighting Precursers? That is beyond useless. Chief needed to stay in cryo until we really needed him, not so he could be woken up for money. I want to fight Innies. I want to fight Innies, and then be on Harvest for the first contact. (That's what happened right? I've forgotten) I want to be fighting Innies in defense of the UNSC, and then fight WITH the Innies AGAINST the Covenant. That moment of unity would be above all other things, magical and delightful, and it's what I live for.

Therefore, I have not preordered Halo 4, and I will probably not even purchase it within the first week of its release. I'm not really sure why I've made this decision, other than my uncomfort and distrust twoards Halo's new keeper and developer.

Discuss.

(Also, this was the 2,500th thread made in this part of the forum. w00t. 2+5+0+0 = 7. Boom.)

To be honest after seeing some of the content I got a lot more excited for it.
If I do get it, it will be on sale though, going for the Redbox free one night deal to get the story done.

To each there own, game developers are sticking with what works. Look at Assassin's Creed they are at 5 right now.

Though, I am pumped for Halo 4 because of Forward Unto Dawn.

I dont know if im weird or not but reading this got me a little more excited for halo 4. For me, im glad to see some more freshness if that makes any sense. Im always willing to try something new anyways. Halo is a trusted franchise for me and i would hope as well that microsoft doesnt ruin it.

And on a side note...for me halo reach felt...incomplete to me. It seemed like it was missing something from halo 3. It wasnt chief, it wouldnt had mattered what characters were in reach. Missing something...not sure what.

Um, there are no Precursors. There's Prometheans, which are a rank of Forerunners.

I understand not getting pumped, it might not be as good as past Halos, but I'm damn sure that this will not suck. Everything I've seen has gotten me really excited, but to each their own.

I think that you should at least buy the game and go through the campaign at least once, just to get a feel for it. Don't judge a book, or in this case a game, by its cover.

do you think this is the end for halo? :(

in the epic word of john 117 "no i think we're just getting started."

and just so you guys know the reason why halo 2 and 3 took longer was becasue it had problems which was money, and MP, not becasue of campgian or anything.

another reason why it took a while between halo 2 and 3 was because of the making of the 360
but im personally so freakin excited for H4 i think it looks epic

They could not keep any of the creative staff from bungie that made halo CE-Reach so good. The art design, the writing, and the gameplay engines. 343 really underwhelmed me with CEA, but really the god-awful armor designs kill me. I first fell in love with Halo for its low-scifi designs. The redesigns for the spartans elites and grunts goes in a different direction than is appealing to me. If I wanted to see ugly nano-suits and honeycomb patterns, and whatever the heck they did to the covenant races, I'd play crysis and GoW at the same time.

343 is trying too hard to be CoD in terms of gameplay from loadouts to care packages, and I don't know where they're going with their design department. I know they have big shoes to fill, but it really seems like they're trying too hard to overload us with over the top BS - in the commercial when the promethean roars at MC by exposing its flaming skull, that was too awful to redeem it.

I'll buy the game, for sure. But not until the price drop.

They could not keep any of the creative staff from bungie that made halo CE-Reach so good. The art design, the writing, and the gameplay engines. 343 really underwhelmed me with CEA, but really the god-awful armor designs kill me. I first fell in love with Halo for its low-scifi designs. The redesigns for the spartans elites and grunts goes in a different direction than is appealing to me. If I wanted to see ugly nano-suits and honeycomb patterns, and whatever the heck they did to the covenant races, I'd play crysis and GoW at the same time.

343 is trying too hard to be CoD in terms of gameplay from loadouts to care packages, and I don't know where they're going with their design department. I know they have big shoes to fill, but it really seems like they're trying too hard to overload us with over the top BS - in the commercial when the promethean roars at MC by exposing its flaming skull, that was too awful to redeem it.

I'll buy the game, for sure. But not until the price drop.

I honestly could not agree more. My friend is over at the time I'm writing this and I'm going to try to play it.

And also I'm glad I'm part of this community. You guys are awesome with you're nonchalaunt "to each his own" attitude. That's really commendable.

We all have different veiws of the game but I found it interesting but the disappointment for me was seeing the honeycomb effect everywhere even at the back of the ships it's all honeycomb. And also the climbing and crawling it reminds me of call of duty. master chief should never be down crawling on the ground, hes just not the hero I played in the other halos.

But will there be another.....

I honestly couldn't care less, I've been waiting years for this and I bought it, I have to fix my rrod Xbox first though but I was the first customer in my town to play the game in store!

Well I played though the first two levels. The new Warthog noise sucks. I hate it. It's so stupid. It's not a freakin' go kart, ITS A HOG. The new gun noises are really cool though. I have to agree about the hexagon thing though. It's really dumb and overused. Same with the grabbing and climbing crap. If I wanted to do that, I would play Assassins Creed III. I'm also incredibly underwhelmed by the armor. It all sucks. From what I've heard from my friends, the Multiplayer is a lot like CoD now, and if that's true, I'm seriously considering writing an open letter to 343.

I'm really dissapointed at this point. Can't say much else until I play or hear more.

I must say that I love the new multiplayer. Yeah, ok. They added some elements from CoD, but I regardless love it so much! There are plenty of elements that I can list off to you that I find too awesome, and not very many that dislike (but there definitely are some). I say that they did pretty well with this game. It feels like Halo, but not like any of the games before it.

I am stuck at the oil fields and won't go home til tomorrow, so I am relying on the 405th for info on halo 4. No matter what I read here I am still going to play it. Has any one seen the movie that comes with it.

You are not the only one with this Thoughts, Fuzzy.

I knewed it since they announced the Game, and so i dind´t even think of buying it.

The Game just feels wrong, like removed from the correct Storyline and placed into something, that mixed Crysis 2, MGS4 and CoD.

The Soundtrack is epic, but i don´t feel very much HALO from it...

I am giving this Game a Chance after i get a new Xbox360, my current one doesn´t work very well anymore.

But i think this new Trilogy is just for making Money and trolling the Community and real Fans. They should go to EA if they walk this Way any further.

I have played it for several hours now , and I can say that it is one of the BEST Halo games ever! It combines elements from Halo CE and Halo 3 to make for an amazing experience! There are many surprises that , if you have read the books and are deep into the Halo lore , will make you squeal like a little girl. I highly recommend trying it out . As soon as you get to the climax of the first mission , your lack of enthusiasm will be gone!

(by the way, the armor upgrade is explained in Halo Glasslands and in the very beginning of the game. AI's have the ability to access MJOLNIR armor's firmware and upgrade it both in cosmetics and functions. I thought it was a great way to explain it)

-Jacob

ission , your lack of enthusiasm will be gone!

(by the way, the armor upgrade is explained in Halo Glasslands and in the very beginning of the game. AI's have the ability to access MJOLNIR armor's firmware and upgrade it both in cosmetics and functions. I thought it was a great way to explain it)

-Jacob

Without a Forge and Energy?
I thought the Dawn was split in 2 Halfs during the Escape?
Now i am curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back