I Got A Girlfriend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im lucky cause my girlfriend met me for the first time when i was in my Master Chief suit. She also is a cosplayer and she was gonna cosplay Cortana cause she is a huge fan of halo, like 5 times more than me. So yeah... She doens't just support my geek things, she encourages them :D

ERADICATORofDTH said:
...And this might sound a bit weird, but when's the right time to go in for the big first kiss?

Mmm, you'll know the right time when it happens.

Like, for me, *blacks the rest of this out for little kids* me and my girlfriend were sitting on my bed, I was holding her with her head against my chest. She leans her head back a little and I just went for it. Win. Oh, and don't bite her tongue.

Believe me, you'll know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
Don't tell her you make halo armor or she's gone ... lol

Well, congrats. Heed this warning: at your young age, girlfriends come and go for many reasons, and there will be others. Have as much fun as you can, but be smart.
Yep. Somebody posted a Request for advice on a girl, and this is sorta the thing we told him. 5 Pages later, the thread was Locked for spamming.

Mythstryke said:
Never underestimate the power of a woman's ability to embrace what she doesn't understand. Its all about timing, charm, and tricking them into thinking you're not a nerd until its too late and they already like you.
Lol, I know, I am a bit older though, and girls still think I'm a creep. But congrats! Also, just out of curiosity, hows your freshman year going? I remember that being the hardest :p

Fenix Chief said:
Yep. Somebody posted a Request for advice on a girl, and this is sorta the thing we told him. 5 Pages later, the thread was Locked for spamming.

That was my thread lol

Overlord_Ian said:
Lol, I know, I am a bit older though, and girls still think I'm a creep. But congrats! Also, just out of curiosity, hows your freshman year going? I remember that being the hardest :p

It's going alright. In my town we have separated highschools, with a Freshman center and the main highschool has 10th 11th and 12th grades. I know it's to stop the seniors form messing with the freshman. It's a lot harder than 8th grade though. I actually have to try and do my homework.

Reventorghini said:
And here in TN, intelligent girls are impossible to find.

(Looks at location)

Hrm, I guess I'll put my degree in computer languages and graphics back on the shelf! :rolleyes

Mythstryke said:
Its all about timing, charm, and tricking them into thinking you're not a nerd until its too late and they already like you.

It's true. My husband did this haha. However, that street goes both ways. Now he has to listen about the active server page solution I just built and how revolutionary it is for my company's e-business applications. Pwnt.

----

OP: Congratulations. Even though you're excited, try not to spend every waking moment with your new girl. You'll want to be together a lot, but don't rush it and don't forget your friends! Have fun and enjoy it.

And make her pay some of the time. Chivalry isn't dead, i.e. opening the door is still nice, but I'm sure any girl these days won't mind splitting the tab. Me and my husband would always switch off paying for our dates. It's just a considerate thing to do :)

Vexona said:
... Chivalry isn't dead, i.e. opening the door is still nice, but I'm sure any girl these days won't mind splitting the tab. Me and my husband would always switch off paying for our dates. It's just a considerate thing to do :)

Lol, this part is too true. You'll be dead broke if you have to pay for everything, every time. Most girls won't mind paying on occasion.

Say what you want.. But the only reason I spend time making stuff and really enjoy video games, is so I don't have time to think about being lonely...

CPU64 said:
Say what you want.. But the only reason I spend time making stuff and really enjoy video games, is so I don't have time to think about being lonely...

That really sucks man. I just get drunk to not think about that sh!t. A 40 of Steel is cheaper than a $200 full suit of Pep armor.

OH CRAP! I just realized, Christmas is coming up and I don't know what to get her. Any help from some lady 405th-ers would be greatly appreciated lol.

Random facts about her:
Plays basketball
Likes highschool football
Loves country music and favorite artist is Taylor Swift
Favorite color is blue

What's she into?

My Girlfriend. Well, My Ex... Loved music, if I was together with her still, I'd of got her an Ipod. Something like that.

Be careful though, don't spend too much. if she gets you a present back (Which I'm sure she will) chances are it wont be as expensive as the gift you got her, that might not be a problem for you. but she will feel guilty that you spent alot on her, and she didn't spend much on you. That can easily mess up things.

A charm bracelet might be nice. It's casual, but still something special.

The nice thing about that is you can pick the charms to reflect the things you know she likes.

You can get charms of just about anything (basketball, guitar, football, graduation year, heart, and so on).

They'll often come in sterling silver, which is a good route money wise (instead of gold). I'd say you could get the bracelet for around $15 and each charm for $3-5.

Here's a site that seems to have a few good ones for a reasonable price.

6-14_charm_bracelet1.jpg

Hope that helps :)

wouldnt she already have an Ipod? and aren't they pretty expensive?
Vexona's idea is a good one, not to expensive and more meaningful than an Ipod.

p0rtalman said:
wouldnt she already have an Ipod? and aren't they pretty expensive?
Vexona's idea is a good one, not to expensive and more meaningful than an Ipod.

No she doesn't have an Ipod, and you can get a shuffle for about 50 bucks.
And I do like the charm bracelet idea, it's just I don't know if she's that kind of girl who would really like that. I'm sure she would because it's from me, but I just don't know... Maybe for Valentine's Day. (Which, coincidentally, is my birthday)

ERADICATORofDTH said:
No she doesn't have an Ipod, and you can get a shuffle for about 50 bucks.
And I do like the charm bracelet idea, it's just I don't know if she's that kind of girl who would really like that. I'm sure she would because it's from me, but I just don't know... Maybe for Valentine's Day. (Which, coincidentally, is my birthday)
If you do get her an Ipod, get " to her name, love your name" engraved on the back, the its more than just an Ipod, it means something.
oh, and if valentines day is on your B'day, that sucks... girls want valentines day to be all about them, not you. (not all of them, but most of the younger more naive ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back