i have been making a halo five arbiter but the armour is not very realistic. could someone unfold a halo 5 arbiter armour in foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been making a halo 5 arbiter costume but it does not look realistic. could someone unfold a halo five arbiter costume for foam?

I see that you have posted in ODCA's foam unfold request thread. That's probably going to be your best bet for this. Our armory contains files and unfolds graciously done by our members and generously donated to the cause free of charge. As such there are many holes in our collection. If nobody has responded to this yet it either means that nobody has the base model for unfolding or nobody wants to take on such a challenge at this time. It could also mean that someone is working on the unfold but simply didn't post that they were doing it. Often unfold requests are simply completed without any indication that the job had been accepted.

ODCA does a good job with his unfolds but unfolding models and optimizing for foam takes a while so you might just have to bear with us for a while. I am fairly inexperienced with unfolding but the few things I have unfolded took me several hours and they were only small parts. A whole suit could easily take a week or more.

If you don't want to wait a very vague amount of time, you could try unfolding it yourself or just start work on props/weapons and things.

Also we would love to see what you have so far! I love seeing elite builds!

I see that you have posted in ODCA's foam unfold request thread. That's probably going to be your best bet for this. Our armory contains files and unfolds graciously done by our members and generously donated to the cause free of charge. As such there are many holes in our collection. If nobody has responded to this yet it either means that nobody has the base model for unfolding or nobody wants to take on such a challenge at this time. It could also mean that someone is working on the unfold but simply didn't post that they were doing it. Often unfold requests are simply completed without any indication that the job had been accepted.

ODCA does a good job with his unfolds but unfolding models and optimizing for foam takes a while so you might just have to bear with us for a while. I am fairly inexperienced with unfolding but the few things I have unfolded took me several hours and they were only small parts. A whole suit could easily take a week or more.

If you don't want to wait a very vague amount of time, you could try unfolding it yourself or just start work on props/weapons and things.

m'kay thanks!

alright I have to ask a favor...

can you unfold his helmet
I don't know how to unfold stuff
and when i looked it up
it just didn't make any sense

if you want tho i can look for the 3d model for the helmet

and when i looked it up

As far as I'm aware- FalseShepard said he was fairly inexperienced, so your best bet would be to wait patiently to see if ODCA might unwrap it- or fiddle with the file yourself and see if you can make it work. I know its tough, but I'm sure you could do it with patience and dedication. Who knows, maybe in the future you could help others facing the same problem you are. I think I recall Armorsmith having some kind of unwrap tool, as I just pulled the armor pieces off the OG Reach Spartan mesh and they seem to do fine.

Best of luck to you!

and when i looked it up

Sorry, I never saw this reply and question.

I can take a look at it. Can you post the file you want me to unfold?

I make absolutely no promises. I don't have a ton of free time and I am not very experienced at this. I never did play H5 bc I don't have a Xbox1 so I don't even know what this armor looks like...

Also, I would love to see pics of what you ended up with. I know you said you weren't very happy with it but I'm just curious. I was thinking on doing an elite build but it seemed so hard, I decided against it.

Sorry, I never saw this reply and question.

I can take a look at it. Can you post the file you want me to unfold?

I make absolutely no promises. I don't have a ton of free time and I am not very experienced at this. I never did play H5 bc I don't have a Xbox1 so I don't even know what this armor looks like...

Also, I would love to see pics of what you ended up with. I know you said you weren't very happy with it but I'm just curious. I was thinking on doing an elite build but it seemed so hard, I decided against it.
i have bad news, i can't find any files anywhere

Ah. That is a much larger problem. Unfolding is a difficult task, but creating the files in the first place is even more daunting. I am no where near able to help with that. You could try shadowbreakre .
He has done some amazing modeling of other halo 5 armors. He might have something or be able to make something for you.

Sorry we don't have the resources you were looking for. But demand drives creation so we might have some soon!

First Day Of School GIF by MOODMAN

That means you get to make them!

Here's a model pulled from Jeffw773 archive for Halo 5 Arbiter. I fixed the issue with the normals, scaled it up, and "removed" the Arbiter from the armor. The UV's should still be intact so if you find any texture maps for it you should still be able to apply them. The model will still need to be cleaned up some and you'll need to find some one who can unfold it.

Attachments

• Arbiter_Armor_Only.obj
    9.7 MB · Views: 203
i have been making a halo 5 arbiter costume but it does not look realistic. could someone unfold a halo five arbiter costume for foam?
If you have the models, I can try to unfold them. I have not been able to find any reliable models for Covenant from Halo 5.

Here's a model pulled from Jeffw773 archive for Halo 5 Arbiter. I fixed the issue with the normals, scaled it up, and "removed" the Arbiter from the armor. The UV's should still be intact so if you find any texture maps for it you should still be able to apply them. The model will still need to be cleaned up some and you'll need to find some one who can unfold it.

thanks a lot, i need those files, how did you get them anyway?

The files are good but so detailed it nearly crashes Pepakura Designer. I will try to get them separated and reduced in poly count so the program can handle them. I make no promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back