I have one problem that I need a solution for. Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartian0225

I’m not very familiar with peprakura (sorry if I spelled it incorrectly) or the foam variant of it. I want to make the spartan armor from halo wars and I don’t understand how to assemble the foam pieces. Is there a specific way that the pieces are numbered? Do I just have to look at reference? I’m also confused about how to scale the armor. (I’m around 5.4)These are the only things that are preventing me from building the armor. If anyone can direct me to a place where I can learn how to assemble foam parts that would be absolutely amazing! Thanks for reading this!

Last edited:
Leave it to xXDashIVXx to like a question, then ignore it :p

I'm not certain I have the experience to answer your question because I prefer to freehand my builds, but have you tried finding a tutorial on our index that does what you're looking for? There's quite a few of them.

Apologies for my answers being out of order.

If you have Pepakura Designer then in the 2D menu there will be a tab called "Change Scale" then you click set scale. The pop-up menu that appears will show you the scale of the piece. To know what scale the piece should be you will have to follow HaloGoddess' tutorial to get within a margin of error.

Most models in the armoury have a standard pdo file and a file titled 'Foam.' Unfortunately the Halo Wars files don't have those files so you will have to go about this the slow way. The 3D display shows you the model in its final form. You will have to click on each piece in one area of the model and move them away so you can refine them within the dotted borders of the 2D view. Big tip, you only need half the pieces as foam templates can be flipped over and traced twice.

To number the pieces, the 2D menu has a tab that says"Show Edge ID" which will number every join and you just have to glue matching numbers to each other. If you've moved the pieces manually then you can just move neighbouring pieces to the same page. In general I end up grabbing a collection of coloured markers and group the section together by edge ID groups (ie. 1-99 or any variation like that).

Its a slow process but it does work, good luck with your build

^ nailed it

For scaling, most people would recommend a program called armor Smith. You would have to pay some money (I beleive $20) and it allows you to take armor files and scale/position them on a 3d digital mannequin formed to your size and body shape. It is a great investment if you plan on doing more projects in the future. You can also opt to the method of measuring your arm or wherever your peice will go, from length and width, add an inch or so to the measurements, and scale the pepakura file. There is also a measure distance between two points tool in pepakura that can double check your peice.

Northern Dragon summer it up pretty good. Unfortunately you will have to go in and slide peices off of the paper in pepakura that you dont want to keep. There are some tutorials on the forums, and some great videos on YouTube to give you an idea. If I recall, heroes workshop had my favorite one. Keep in kind that where paper is 2d and may need to be the "walls" of some peices, the 3d foam will make up for it because it is tall if you get what I am saying...

And RandomRanger, I figured someone else could say this better than me. Where is the usual group anyway lately?

Follow this link and click the halo wars tab. It looks like these are foam ready conversions. Problem is is it is only the helmet and the chest... also just a tip, you dont need to cut out all the horizontal lines inside the specs of the chest. Those are there because pepakura thinks it should be paper and added them so the paper can fold into the shape. Foam can take that shape no matter what, so just trace the outline :)

Last edited:
$30 usd now... Totally worth it though. makes your job a lot easier and you can physically see the scaling before cutting out.
I could write love letters about Armorsmith to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back