I Know Its Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Jr Member
i know its stupid but i just have to know, what does "woot" mean/stand for. i see it everywhere and i just cant figure it out. sorry for the dumb question

Urban Dictionary says...

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

heh, the only way I can explain it is.... well.... it's just something that ....uh.... it's a "happy" word? lol

I use it when i'm acting like a moron when i'm online or when I hear or do somethign that I thoguht was cool. Like in Halo matchmakein if I get a sweet kill I say woot....

This is hard to explain lol :lol:

i get it thank you. back rose you put it in a very understandable manner despite what you think. and evil femle that is a very technical explanation, that sounds like how i talk, you wanna be carefull people dont like it when your smarter than they :p thanks for the help both of you. woot! (did i use it right? ;) )

thanks for the help both of you. woot! (did i use it right? )

And you, my firend, now know how to use that word in all its glory! Woots for everyone!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hognoshal said:
i get it thank you. back rose you put it in a very understandable manner despite what you think. and evil femle that is a very technical explanation, that sounds like how i talk, you wanna be carefull people dont like it when your smarter than they :p thanks for the help both of you. woot! (did i use it right? ;) )

I just copy and pasted from urban dictionary. LOL :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, question answered.

Topic over.

PS - Google is your friend. ;)

Edit: Well maybe I spoke to soon...

Is everyone satisfied with the answer given or would someone like to give another?

No?

Ok then this is locked now.

LOL! what if I am not satisfied?

Then you still don't boot a thread up from the depths of R'lyeh. This particular thread is seven years old - please don't post in threads more than six months old unless you're contributing to the thread with new content. Doing so often will result in disciplinary matters.

You've been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back