I made the armor outta card board... what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexxus

Hello, my name is Hexxus and I'm new at armor making, and I am making Isaac Clarke's advanced suit from Dead Space 2, I have pretty much completed all the armor pieces and I don't know where to go from there. Any tips that I can use?

Hello, my name is Hexxus and I'm new at armor making, and I am making Isaac Clarke's advanced suit from Dead Space 2, I have pretty much completed all the armor pieces and I don't know where to go from there. Any tips that I can use?

Hi.
Have you read this yet?

I dont believe that bondo is rigid enough to keep from cracking without the rigid structure of fiberglass underneath. If you do not want to use fiberglass i would recommend using the cardboard as a template for foam armor.

yea, i did, can i just skip the resin step and go to bondo since its made of cardboard and not cardstock? oh here are some pics:

Go ahead and try it, but I wouldn't expect rock solid results because even corrugated cardboard just isn't rock solid.
However, I don't see why you would be able to use Bondo and not resin. They pretty much contain the same nasty stuff, so if you have the means (this includes safety equipment) and willingness to use one, you can just as well use the other.

With cardbourd you don't have to reinforce the inside of the piece like with pep.You still fiberglass it,and on the rounded sections bondo it.Or at least thats what I do,The first three suits I made I didn't fiberglass,and they turned out less then great:/ But you can do whatever you want,just my 2 cents.Great scatch building skills by the way:)

If you dont resin the cardboard, there is also a chance of warping. My advice would be atleast 2 coats of resin all over (and fibreglass if Possible), and then go on to bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back