i need a new mmorpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoren

Jr Member
ok ive been looking for another good mmorpg since i quit the last one i was playing, and i dont wanna play w.o.w. or runescape, cuz everyone else is and im tired of them, played them to much they bore me, so i was wondering if anyone has found any good ones out there that i may not have heard about? and if any one has played this one and if it was any good, i just kinda saw an add for it and thought it might be?

Try shadowbane. I play, well I havent for a while. Its similar to WOW only its free. It was originally released as a subscription based mmorpg by ubisoft, but now, since its kinda old, its been made free to the public. It's pretty fun too, tons of character customization.
http://chronicle.ubi.com/

I've been tempted to try shadowbane, I've honestly played tons of MMOs , eq, eq2, WoW, E&B, SWG, Eve, DAOC, Vanguard, Horizons, and more that just don't jump into my mind just yet, but every single one since eq (pre PoP) has been a disapointment save for vanguard... but people complained it was too hard and left/ the dev's dumbed the game down a lot so even that fails IMO... I just havn't found anything that felt like a real world as much as eq did.... The "better" games become with more convenient travel, minimaps vs geography, auto-trading npcs, and essentially linear raid patterns for OMGZ the best itam in teh game!shift!one! the more I feel like I'm playing a normal RPG.. I seriously wish I could find something to fill the gap left by eq... Even a trip to east commonlands to do trading felt like a heck of an adventure back then... bleh /rant off

I have a suggestion: don't.

They're a MONUMENTAL waste of time. Instead, do something productive and meaningful..

Vrogy said:

They're a MONUMENTAL waste of time. Instead, do something productive and meaningful..

yeah ive thought of that too, why do you think i am making my armor? so my gaming will have a tad more meaning :D lol thanks for the suggestions ill try a few out. although ive already tried eve and i didnt like it,

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:

ya.. hours of playing and getting yell at by ur family to stop playing it... waste of ur lifee

calm down, i only play them when i have absolutely nothing else to do, like after i finish more important stuff such as homework chores and tv watching, and everyone has different preferences on how they want their games, such as me i like the open world roam around and do w/e you want whenever and there is no set storyline you simply enter the game and play as casualy as you want. or as hardcore-ly as you want

Vrogy said:

that's kind of the problem, I havn't had a game I could "casually" enjoy since eq1.. now they are so packed with OMGZ DO THIS FOR 10 HOURS stuff that the enviorment is lost to hard core grinds.

For me its hard to play casual...
Ive spent today playing wow, lvling is just addictive, i should be working on my armor!!!

But as for suggestions, even tho there not out yet:
Stargate worlds is looking really sweet, but it will be graphically intense, so u will probably need a good PC.
Warhammer Online: age of reckoning, Warhammer is one of those great things that has been around for ages, all there other games have been really good (a lot of people didn't like fire warrior, but i did) and its the perfect setting for an MMO.

Neither of them are out yet but both are looking really good.

Or, advice from someone who used to be addicted to wow, and is playing to much again:
DONT PLAY WOW!!!!! (or any other mmo for that matter, unless you have decent self control)

anarchy Online, is REALLY fun, and you can play for free, forever, there are just caps for what free players can/cant do.

i did see the stargate worlds thing and would like to play it, but wether my computer is good enough to play it or not, u think that i could play stargate worlds if i have the minimum specs for supreme commander? cuz thats all i have and that game still sticks loads X[ i am hoping to get some upgrades for my comp on my birthday, maybe a video card, or something, and as for wow ive never played it but ive had friends that i no longer can get a hold of because they only play wow now, ive seen its affects, its devastating, unless you are some kind of buhdist (spelling) monk with loads of self controll then that game is like online crack =/

i looked at anarchy online it doesn't rlly appeal to me =/

yes i know i descrobed runescape in my post above, thats kinda what im looking for a replacment for, jagex decided to do a bunch of rlly bad updates, like the trading thing and nixing pking cept in that arena thing, i ocasionaly liked to go pking, i just wish they hadnt put a bunch of quest stuff in there it was annoying having players and monsters attack me...

there was this game called eternal land that i had tried to play for a while but my computer wasnt good enough, i tried again a while ago but the screen messed up a whole bunch and i couldnt see anything =/ anyone know what game im talking about?

I'm playing Lord Of The Rings Online at the moment. Pretty fun game. Basically the same as WoW only not quite as diverse but way better graphics

JoobiDoob said:
I'm playing Lord Of The Rings Online at the moment. Pretty fun game. Basically the same as WoW only not quite as diverse but way better graphics

Need I say more? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back