I Need Help With Bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmiller

Jr Member
So do I use the same harding liquid that I did for the resin? and also when can I use the Rotary tool? and what color should it dry to? pink?

So do I use the same harding liquid that I did for the resin? and also when can I use the Rotary tool? and what color should it dry to? pink

Use the hardener that comes with the bondo(it looks like a tooth paste bottle). Use the rotary tool when you are completely happy with the helmet/armor peice when its COMPLETELY sanded. You don't want to detail the helmet when you have haven't even sanded it yet.You can even use the rotary tool to help you with the sanding, just don't rely on it for the entire sanding phase. The Bondo should be a light/kinda dark pink when you add the hardener.

Good luck,

-Pony

Negative on using the same hardener that you used for resin, the Bondo can will come with it's own hardener to use. When both parts are mixed together it'll create a light salmon color, which is what it will dry to. The rotary tool is used usually after bondo'ing/sanding to carve in details.

Cheers,

Kensai

EDIT: Pony beat me to it, but yeah.

kensai111 said:
Negative on using the same hardener that you used for resin, the Bondo can will come with it's own hardener to use. When both parts are mixed together it'll create a light salmon color, which is what it will dry to. The rotary tool is used usually after bondo'ing/sanding to carve in details.

Cheers,

Kensai

Rotary AFTER it completely dries?

Last edited by a moderator:
JackSkelling10 said:
Rotary AFTER it completely dries?

Mix Bondo > Apply Bondo > Let Bondo Harden completely > Sand down > THEN use the rotary tool to detail your piece.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Mix Bondo > Apply Bondo > Let Bondo Harden completely > Sand down > THEN use the rotary tool to detail your piece.

Thank you! You have cleared this up for me

UPDATE:

Ok I did the Bondo on the areas of the chest that needed touchup. But like on areas where there are grooves should I add a second coat after sanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back