I want to make a new set of armour and I download some files from the armory, when I open it some of the pieces load in of grid, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a new set of armour and I download some files from the armory, when I open it some of the pieces load in of grid, why? if you can will you tell me how to deal with this

Are you able to provide some screenshots of the problem? It'll help us solve the issue.

1616629749944.png

The reason those pieces are off to the grid is because they aren't needed. What piece from the armory is this? I imagine it might be a foam file, so those pieces are likely from tiny details, edges (that aren't needed due to foam thickness) or the other, symmetrical side of the model. By putting those pieces in the corner, they won't be printed.

The reason those pieces are off to the grid is because they aren't needed. What piece from the armory is this? I imagine it might be a foam file, so those pieces are likely from tiny details, edges (that aren't needed due to foam thickness) or the other, symmetrical side of the model. By putting those pieces in the corner, they won't be printed.
when I clicked on a large piece of the model it highlighted it in the bundle of pieces off-grid, it was a very important piece, biengs it was a booster on the jet pack

Are you able to provide a link to the armory for that unfold? If it's an issue someone will be able to look at it. Is it possible that piece has a symmetrical piece on the other side?

Are you able to provide a link to the armory for that unfold? If it's an issue someone will be able to look at it. Is it possible that piece has a symmetrical piece on the other side?
Ten American hotdogs bet on that this is the case. The unfolder probably cleaned up the model and used symmetry to reduce the number of pages needed to print out everything.

Are you able to provide some screenshots of the problem? It'll help us solve the issue.

make sure you open the foam chest piece

make sure you open the foam chest piece
Because the Halo 4 chest piece is symmetrical, TurboCharizard and PlanetAlexander are correct. The unfolder was attempting to reduce the number of pages members needed to print out as those pieces are simply mirror duplicates. You really need to only print off one and then flip it over to use as the corresponding pieces on the other side of the part. It is the same reason that some Armory Entries have only a "Left" piece, like Forearm or thigh. Because those pieces are mirror duplicates you need to only print off the pieces once and then just flip them over to make the corresponding other side.

Because the Halo 4 chest piece is symmetrical, TurboCharizard and PlanetAlexander are correct. The unfolder was attempting to reduce the number of pages members needed to print out as those pieces are simply mirror duplicates. You really need to only print off one and then flip it over to use as the corresponding pieces on the other side of the part. It is the same reason that some Armory Entries have only a "Left" piece, like Forearm or thigh. Because those pieces are mirror duplicates you need to only print off the pieces once and then just flip them over to make the corresponding other side.
m'kay thanks!

This happened to me so don’t worry, it’s all part of learning the program and hobby. When you trace the pattern I’d mark the side as either left or right depending on the orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back