New member, start of a build

SeaSickle

Hey everyone! I joined after talking to the members who were representing the 405th at the Kansas City Comic Con. I have not made anything prop or cosplay related before, but I've begun my own Great Journey towards making a suit of my own. Specifically, a set of ODST armor and armaments.

To start off my journey, I printed the Halo 3 ODST SMG from Galactic Armory. I haven't done much beyond print and test fitment. No sanding or anything yet. I just had to share because I was excited.

20240526_163959.jpg

I still have to get the lens for the red dot. I'm not sure if I want to get the rest of the equipment I need to print it in resin (I only have a resin print, and no ventilation or wash/cure station.), or if I want to just order the part from someone/somewhere.

But that's where I am! Pretty excited to continue this journey as time is available. Will post updates when there are new things to update on.

It is a pleasure to be here and meet everyone!

That looks like its ready for paint, you said its a raw print? FDM or resin? For the red dot, I would suggest some form of thin clear plastic cut to shape and add the dot. You can buy petg sheets, or could even repurpose something else like a clear food container or soda bottle is $ is tight. Also, welcome and I look forward to seeing more.

That looks like its ready for paint, you said its a raw print? FDM or resin? For the red dot, I would suggest some form of thin clear plastic cut to shape and add the dot. You can buy petg sheets, or could even repurpose something else like a clear food container or soda bottle is $ is tight. Also, welcome and I look forward to seeing more.
Yeah, it's a raw print. The processing is mostly in small patches, or interface parts, where I want to get the parts more closely aligned.

I hadn't thought of the PETG sheet. I'll have to look into that.

Hey everyone! I joined after talking to the members who were representing the 405th at the Kansas City Comic Con. I have not made anything prop or cosplay related before, but I've begun my own Great Journey towards making a suit of my own. Specifically, a set of ODST armor and armaments.

To start off my journey, I printed the Halo 3 ODST SMG from Galactic Armory. I haven't done much beyond print and test fitment. No sanding or anything yet. I just had to share because I was excited.

View attachment 348952

I still have to get the lens for the red dot. I'm not sure if I want to get the rest of the equipment I need to print it in resin (I only have a resin print, and no ventilation or wash/cure station.), or if I want to just order the part from someone/somewhere.

But that's where I am! Pretty excited to continue this journey as time is available. Will post updates when there are new things to update on.

It is a pleasure to be here and meet everyone!
What's up!!! Future ODST fam!!! What resin printer do you have? Also hoping your being safe, I heard resin produces fumes

What's up!!! Future ODST fam!!! What resin printer do you have? Also hoping your being safe, I heard resin produces fumes
I have the Anycubic Photon S, and an upgraded screen I have yet to install. Yeah, I've had it for probably a year, but haven't had the need to delve into setting up the safety equipment, so it's just been sitting. My friend didn't want it anymore, so I bought it from him for $50.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back