I want to make halo armor but I dont know where to start???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3TA

Hello peoples!!!!

My name is Hibiki! The first video game I ever played was Halo 2 and since then I have always dreamed of having my own suit of halo armor. In the past, I have looked into commissioning for a suit but it is so expensive. I need to know where to start!!!! What is best for making halo armor, EVA foam or using a pepakura method? I have build a couple cosplay pieces out of EVA Foam so I have some experience with foam building. The suit I want to build is the Halo 4-MJOLNIR-Recon. However, I am having trouble finding the right files. Any advice or other information is useful and really appreciated!!!!

Thanks
~Hibiki

Pepakura and EVA foam both have their pros and cons. Personally I think EVA foam is easier to work with if you have a little know how. The best place to start is from the ground up, literally. The shoes are the easiest thing to scale and nobody pays too much attention to them so it's ok if you make mistakes while you learn

Pepakura and EVA foam both have their pros and cons. Personally I think EVA foam is easier to work with if you have a little know how. The best place to start is from the ground up, literally. The shoes are the easiest thing to scale and nobody pays too much attention to them so it's ok if you make mistakes while you learn

ah thank so much for the advice!!! I never really thought of going from the feet up so that nobody sees my mistakes (im sure there will be plenty of them lol).
thanks again
~Hibiki

Hello Hibiki!
I personally believe EVA Foam is the easiest to start with. I myself had almost no experience when I started my first EVA Foam ODST armor just a few weeks ago. During the course of making the armor I learned many techniques, and with every piece I made, they began looking better and better. Good luck with your armor!

I like foam, but I may just be biased... :)
Just take it slow and easy, and pay attention to detail! Dont settle for good enough and try your hardest. If you pick it up, even if it is just for a few minutes every day, you will excell. Just keep at it and do as much research as you can, be it videos on other foam projects, or forum posts on similar projects!

Hello Hibiki!
I personally believe EVA Foam is the easiest to start with. I myself had almost no experience when I started my first EVA Foam ODST armor just a few weeks ago. During the course of making the armor I learned many techniques, and with every piece I made, they began looking better and better. Good luck with your armor!
Thanks so much for the advice, I am looking foreward to learning new techniques when working with foam. Thanks again for the advice and good luck with your armor too.
~Hibiki

I like foam, but I may just be biased... :)
Just take it slow and easy, and pay attention to detail! Dont settle for good enough and try your hardest. If you pick it up, even if it is just for a few minutes every day, you will excell. Just keep at it and do as much research as you can, be it videos on other foam projects, or forum posts on similar projects!
haha being biased is ok! Thanks so much for all of your advice. Ill try to work on it a little everyday and hopefully it wont look too bad lol. Thanks again!!!
~Hibiki

One tip that I can give you is to get out of your own head......what do I mean? Your build is YOUR BUILD....not someone else's. Don't compare yours to anyone else's. We are our own worst critiques. So we see every single flaw in our own build that we don't in other's builds. Not true. Everyone here started from point 0 experience......Its over time that, that value grows. To 'where' is up to the individual. Focus on your build. Don't get discouraged that it doesn't look like so-and-so's build because you inverted this particular piece or used this type of glue or have the magnet on the other side because you are a lefty, or you didn't put as much detail in it.......whatever the case is, you put in what you want to build and how you want to build. Its yours.......not mine....not anyone else's......YOURS. You go and build the way you want. Happy building and welcome to the 405th.

One tip that I can give you is to get out of your own head......what do I mean? Your build is YOUR BUILD....not someone else's. Don't compare yours to anyone else's. We are our own worst critiques. So we see every single flaw in our own build that we don't in other's builds. Not true. Everyone here started from point 0 experience......Its over time that, that value grows. To 'where' is up to the individual. Focus on your build. Don't get discouraged that it doesn't look like so-and-so's build because you inverted this particular piece or used this type of glue or have the magnet on the other side because you are a lefty, or you didn't put as much detail in it.......whatever the case is, you put in what you want to build and how you want to build. Its yours.......not mine....not anyone else's......YOURS. You go and build the way you want. Happy building and welcome to the 405th.
Ahhh thank so much!!! I have a really hard time not criticizing things I make. I will keep this in mind as I continue with this build. Thanks again!!!
~Hibiki

Another really good piece of advice is to have a build thread. We all love our own builds but we also love to share in the experience of each other's builds. It also allows you to ask questions, share knowledge and gain support. Builds can and do often take a while to complete so it helps to have people cheering you on (and maybe helping you get out of your own head with some humour).

Another really good piece of advice is to have a build thread. We all love our own builds but we also love to share in the experience of each other's builds. It also allows you to ask questions, share knowledge and gain support. Builds can and do often take a while to complete so it helps to have people cheering you on (and maybe helping you get out of your own head with some humour).
100% agree with this, helped me with my first build heavily and can even get tips during the build process that you might not think about.

haha lol thanks so much!!!!!
~Hibiki

One thing that no one seems to consider as a method... is 3d printing! :D but... you know... that's expensive... it's currently what I am using for my armor tho... I'm bad at assembling things so I like to keep it simple... 3d printing is definitely simple... to assemble anyway! :whistle: the 3d printer I have was about 400 dollars I think... and that's a cheap one! But I plan on using it a lot so it's worth it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back