I wonder how Noble team got along with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alix965

When Noble Six pulls up, Jun is outside loading up by his lonesome and Kat, Jorge and Emile speak to one another about the new arrival as if he weren't in the room. Which is explained by Carter when he mentions the "shoes" n6 is stepping into. But later at the relay, Kat seems annoyed by Carter's request to expedite the uplink to the Colonel. She tells him he's in "her light" and reminds him not to "ground" the place. She got his goat by breaking protocol and telling the rest of the team about the goings-on at senior level command.

The exchange between Jorge and Emile about the survivor at Visegrad, and her psychiatric evaluation seemed like a continuation of an earlier 'discussion'. Even after Carter intervened you can tell that there was no love lost between the two. Emile even flinched when Jorge walked over to him. The poor schleps all seemed so war-weary, and maybe the little personality clashes were there to illustrate how frayed their nerves were, but watching the cutscenes on Youtube, I get a sense that there may be more to it. They all seemed to understand their role within the group, so I don't think it was a competetive thing. Maybe it was something specific to S-III's ? What do you guys think?

If I was in a raging war with a group of people I was with almost 24/7 They would get on my nerves too every once in a while.

I think Jun was kinda, "screw you guys im leaving with dr hasley," and then he left, and he probly dosent even die.

I think they seem to act like siblings. Me and my sis have our disagrements like Carter and Kat, and like her she gives a good deal of attitude, and sometimes, ideas that are out there, but nice i guess. The relation between Jorge and Emile are like the older brother (Emile) missing with the "little", lol, brother (Jorge),or the other way around, a anoying little brother (Emile). Jorge and Six, seem like they grow pretty close and at times and seem like 2 brothers looking out for each other.

Here is another way to look at it.
Dad-Crater
Mom-Kat
Anoying Bro-Emile
Well manered Bro-Jorge
Younger Bro-6
Uncle, who lives in the back room, with a Sniper always on his lap as he sits outside, and Shoots bad nephews, lol-Jun

If I was in a raging war with a group of people I was with almost 24/7 They would get on my nerves too every once in a while.
I'm totally with you on that, I mean in the end they basically gave their lives for each other. Except Kat, her character got suckered. I wonder what the puroppose of killing her off like that was. So they can show n6 carrying her lifeless body?

@Toacrabman, I think when Carter looked at Jun and said You go with Dr. Halsey, Jun was like "YESSS!" He remindedme of Wedge in Star Wars when Luke tells him to split. He's like, "Sorry" then whispers to himself "I am soooo outta here". Emile and N6 were all like, "lucky ducky! you were always Carter's favorite". Carter too seemd burdended by his command.

The family analogy is sweet, I think Jorge and Emile would beat each other to within an inch of their lives though. Jorge was clearly the more sentimental of the group. It's possible that S-II's were all like that, Including the Chief. Jorge even called the Ice Queen "mom". He spoke of Reach not as a planet but as an entity. He and N6 became fast friends, probably because he was the silent type.

Why did Jorge stay behind?, Also I too think Kat got killed off way too early, and its noticeable that she isn't very observant, or just gets distracted by all of the thinking or whatever. I think that's why shes got the bionic arm.

Why did Jorge stay behind?, Also I too think Kat got killed off way too early, and its noticeable that she isn't very observant, or just gets distracted by all of the thinking or whatever. I think that's why shes got the bionic arm.

Apparently, the timer on the "Slipspace bomb" was fried so someone had to fire it manually.

As for Kat, she was killed in midsen-

kurt spartan 051 trained the spartan 3s they were raised and trained together for almost there whole lives and he tuaght them to be a family and they were and even family members get irritated with eachother

I found Kat's death very anti-climactic, especially considering Spartans (minus Jorge at that point) couldn't kill the single freaking jackal that took her out.

I think they seem to act like siblings. Me and my sis have our disagrements like Carter and Kat, and like her she gives a good deal of attitude, and sometimes, ideas that are out there, but nice i guess. The relation between Jorge and Emile are like the older brother (Emile) missing with the "little", lol, brother (Jorge),or the other way around, a anoying little brother (Emile). Jorge and Six, seem like they grow pretty close and at times and seem like 2 brothers looking out for each other.

Here is another way to look at it.
Dad-Crater
Mom-Kat
Anoying Bro-Emile
Well manered Bro-Jorge
Younger Bro-6
Uncle, who lives in the back room, with a Sniper always on his lap as he sits outside, and Shoots bad nephews, lol-Jun

yah i see it that way too :p very funny man :)

kurt spartan 051 trained the spartan 3s they were raised and trained together for almost there whole lives and he tuaght them to be a family and they were and even family members get irritated with eachother
I know a pair of brothers who fight with each other, literally. Fisticuffs and everything. It's weird becasue, they'll call each other A-holes and all manner of vile scum, they'll bitch to anyone who listens about one another, but if someone outside their family were to bad maouth one to the other, they would defend them to the end. Like, look I know so-and-so is a P.O.S. but YOU can't call him that. I couldn't understand it.
However I do know of family members that rob and steal from one another, bang each other's wives/girlfriends. Where does the dysfunction become normal?

and its noticeable that she isn't very observant, or just gets distracted by all of the thinking or whatever. I think that's why shes got the bionic arm. That's odd Tocrabman, I didn't get that sense. She reported immediately when they entered that comm deadzone. And she tried her damndest to get into that data file she lifted, I guess it was encoded with something she hadn't encountered before.
That robot arm probably came from that bum's rush mission plan in Deliver Hope. It's almost a sure bet that was HER idea, for Carter seemed skeptical when she proposed the Slipspace Mission. The guys even wagered on who's wisdom would prevail, the Commander or his second.

Carter:
Noble Actual, this is Noble One, come in.
Colonel Holland:
Noble One this is Colonel Holland, go ahead.
Carter:
We've got an idea and we need your help executing the mission.

(explains Kat's elaborate plan)

Colonel Holland: This is Kat's idea isn't it?

S-III's in the Ghosts of Onyx novel were always at each other's throats.

example: Shane(A???) pushed ?(A???) out of the pelican bay and they hit the crap out of each other that mendez and a navy D.I. had to break their fight up.

phsyc profile evaluation of the S-IIIs from LtJG. kurt-051 said that they were unstable.

Tom(B???) and Lucy(B???) were aggressive towards each other under a stressful live-fire CTF-style traing mission

So it would be safe to assume that Noble team was not different in regards to being S-IIIs, HOWEVER Jorge-052 being an S-II had locked down feelings that he only really showed towards civilians, Emile A239, and LT.? B312

There are a couple things. First noble team were different than other Spartan 3s in their physical and psychological makeup. They would have qualified for the Spartan 2 program had it been continued and as such were further "modified" and outfitted with a version of mjolnir. There are always differences in personality but they will be well regulated as part of a military unit. Next point, Jorge. He doesn't call Halsey mum, he says ma'am. Also, he speaks about reach differently because that is home to him in more ways than one. The Spartan 2s trained there for years, but more than that Jorge spent the 6 years of his life before he was a Spartan with his family on reach. And lastly Kat lost her arm attempting to deliver the tactical nuke to a covenant cruiser as depicted in deliver hope. This is also why there is a replacement number 6. Just wanted to clarify those points.

The last noble six, (Thom, i think) was the one that blew up the cruiser, and accidentally himself, and Kat and Carter blame themselves, so I can see some stress there.

I was under the impression that the S-III's were a collection of orphans and the surviving members of various glassed planets, as opposed to carefully selected conscripts. This would account for the 'passion' they display toward each other, and in Emile's case towards the enemy.

Jorge is special to the team and far and away the most sentimental, even going as far as removing his helmet to make an emotional connection with the Visegrad survivor. If you look carefully at that cutscene he warns "we've been engaged!" and uses his ginormous body to cover the girl, while the Elites run roughshod over his teammates. N6 woulda been a goner had it not been for Kat's point blank pistol fire. So, I can see how Noble team was different.

Evan Jorge seemed to not want to believe that the Covenant could ever be on REACH. Through out the first mission, he sounds incredulous. I really liked Jorge he didn't want to die, but he made the scacrifice thinking he had "just saved Reach" too bad it was ALLL in vain.

I know it's just a game, but as a group of words There'll be another time and Survive, will never give me goosebumps the way they did in this game.

Noble Team indeed.

there is one commn misconception that i've seen that i feel needs to be pointed out.

Jorge is a sII halsey says it in the dary that came with reach. and the fact his lik 20 plus years older then the sIII's sorta gave it away.
sorry if it sounds rough how i said it, but its been a while since i played reach but jorge is defs a sII

there is one commn misconception that i've seen that i feel needs to be pointed out.

Jorge is a sII halsey says it in the dary that came with reach. and the fact his lik 20 plus years older then the sIII's sorta gave it away.
sorry if it sounds rough how i said it, but its been a while since i played reach but jorge is defs a sII
I agree. I also think he may have been one of the LARGER S-III's. If the rest of Noble team are 7foot plus, Jorge has got to be at least as tall as an elite. The other thing that I kinda picked up on that may be due to my vivid imagination, is there seems to be a different kind of 'tension' between Kat and Carter. Maybe it's the shared blame/guilt they have for the Deliver Hope mission...or maybe its some kind of emotional tension. As if maybe they were once romantically involved (hah) or maybe there's some sort of unrequited love thingie going on. When Kat warns him not to cause a short...she sashays that big ol' metal booty out of the room. When he scolds her about senior levle commnique, it sounds like it's something he's busted her before, but he drops it immediately. I mean sure in the middle of a war, that breach of protocol is small potatoes but still.
They would make a cute couple. Like Brangelina, Carterkat would be a phrase that sweeps the solar system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back