Im Kinda Depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
im here buddy, can you send me the file you are trying to print and i will see if i get the same thing you did. i have a buddy who could not get a part to print and he sent it to me it looked like it was a good file but i found it was a obj file and yes you can print some of them but they will also make you pull your hair out. and remember im here buddy send me a direct message and that why you can talk when you want i try to check on here just to see how your doing. don't stress if you have issues with the printer it can be flustering im still working out my own printer lol. but i dont want you to feel alone and broken. you are building armor it take a lot of mental thinking. you are doing a awsome job by the way. i know you feel the weight of the world on you but it will pass, trust me. you mean a lot to me so just know im here with you i will face your demons with you buddy, we can do this we can get through this together..... and i will work with you to help with the armor im here for you buddy.

I edited this message cuz I realized a lot of it was kinda complaining about my problems and other people, which was my bad... shouldn't have done that, so i got rid of what I wrote here before to many people saw it ;-; I was just trying to explain why I'm depressed, but I shouldn't have blamed others for it... its no ones fault... and i shouldnt have talked about my family/friends I shouldve kept it about me sorry ;-;

Last edited:
friends will be by your side though thick and thin a true friend that is i have lost more so called friends they were close to me if it worked for them but when i need them they just ran away or left me hanging. i have found that it is hard to make friends but i have found this forum has been the best thing i could have ever done this is my new secret family that dont run way screaming..

friends will be by your side though thick and thin a true friend that is i have lost more so called friends they were close to me if it worked for them but when i need them they just ran away or left me hanging. i have found that it is hard to make friends but i have found this forum has been the best thing i could have ever done this is my new secret family that dont run way screaming..
Thank you for caring... thats why I posted about this here... i knew you guys would care... the 405th feels more like a family to me than anyone else I've met irl

Hey man, I'm available to talk if you need someone! I am sorry your parents dont want to talk about. I never brought mine up to my parents and my friends. It sucks to carry that burden but we all have our own baggage.

Its tough but just take it one tiny bit at a time. I 100% relate to you right now with my printers.They never work like they are supposed to, but I keep trying. Eventually, I am able to get it to work somehow. Its hard to keep going when you feeling alone but just know that I am here for you if you need anything.

You are not broken and have you have value. It just need time to recover and you need a break from it. Have you tried picking up that book series yet? I think it will really help you take your mind off things and escape from this crazy and wild world we are currently living in. It really helps me through some of my darkest times and I literally do a reread every time I go back into that dark place.

" Accept the pain, but don’t accept that you deserve it.”

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
The First Ideal of the Knights Radiant

Your printer can be repaired.Blender has a slicer built in? Have you tried cura 4.2.1? I know from experience, sometimes its the slicer software that make all the difference. (4.4 failed when I first got my first machine, but 4.0 worked perfectly with insane quality gains.....) Poke me on DM here or discord and I will be happy to talk you through the printer or anything you want!

I'm sorry to hear your feeling depressed ButterBacon3000, many of us have been there and so we know it sucks. I actually found the 405th myself during a rough time of my own, and it certainly helped me, so I'm hopeful it'll help you too :). You should hop on the discord sometime and play some Halo with us! Sometimes you just gotta do silly things like smile, laugh, and drive a warthog at 10,000 mph down an endless ramp splattering zombies. We're always down to include more people in our informal game nights.

I'm sorry to hear your feeling depressed ButterBacon3000, many of us have been there and so we know it sucks. I actually found the 405th myself during a rough time of my own, and it certainly helped me, so I'm hopeful it'll help you too :). You should hop on the discord sometime and play some Halo with us! Sometimes you just gotta do silly things like smile, laugh, and drive a warthog at 10,000 mph down an endless ramp splattering zombies. We're always down to include more people in our informal game nights.
More Donkey Kong and Sharks and Minnows please!

Im working on another cosplay that doesn't require the 3d printer (at least not at the point im at currently as a lot of it is fabric) so I think i might take a break from working with the printer, and work on that one for a little while and come back to my halo armor when im feeling a little better

(Cuz I think a lot of my depression is due to stress as stupid as that sounds)

Im working on another cosplay that doesn't require the 3d printer (at least not at the point im at currently as a lot of it is fabric) so I think i might take a break from working with the printer, and work on that one for a little while and come back to my halo armor when im feeling a little better

(Cuz I think a lot of my depression is due to stress as stupid as that sounds)
thats not a stupid reason to be depressed. Its a good idea though to take a break and come back to it with a fresh mind. What are you working on?

As a fellow man of slightly shakey hands, my 2d art is bleh. But my foamsmith skills are good. mostly because when the blade is in place i just have to push down. give it a try i'm sure you would like it. a printer is still great for detailed pieces like helmets ect.. But foam is great for the bulk of it.
Don't stress yourself too much it is a hobby after all, if you are more upset from doing it then actually doing it, find different avenues, which it seems you already have with the power ranger suit. good luck and we will be here to cheer you on no matter what you do.

Hey ButterBacon3000, let me first start w/ YOU ARE NOT BROKEN!!!! And as far as where to put blame for your problems........it's a vicious cycle that I have been stuck in several times in my life. Talking about it definitely helps. Now I'm going to break down the "Problem cycle" for you as it was taught to me:

Everyone has problems, we live w/ them all our lives. Our goal is to overcome our problems. The solution to a lot of our problems are easy......let me say that again.......The solution is easy........the implementation of said solution is the hard part. Imagine you are on the road and there is a large bolder in the way. That is the problem. What do you do? Go around to the left or right, climb over it if you can't go around, go under it if there was a path or probably the hardest way is to break through it. Those are the action of the solution. Solutions are easy, its the action of the solution that is the hard part.

Now as far as blame and fault goes, that is a different type of cycle, one in which is a bit harder to accept, understand and overcome. But it can. You can.
It starts w/ the initial reaction of "What is their problem? Why is he/she like this?"....It then turns to oneself, "Why am I like this? What is my problem?"....It turns once again to "What is the problem with us? Why can't we get along?"....But is doesn't stop there. It goes back to "They/Him/Her"....then to "you/me"....then back to "Us/we".....and keeps going and going, round and round. The longer it continues, the harder it is to break the cycle...but it can be broken. And as it was taught to me, I teach it to you. Here is where the understanding of the concept becomes a bit tricky. "People do..... what people do...... because that is what people do."

You said that you were talking to your mother, and that when you brought up "Depression" she changed the subject. Parents sometimes don't want to hear about their child's pain.....mostly because they don't know how to either deal with it or help. You can accept that and be understanding of how she feels.....a difficult prospect I know. But it removes the notion of indifference or lack of care on her part. Which in turn stops the cycle from starting. When I was younger, I used to catch my mother coming into my room very early in the mornings....while I was still in bed.....she would always reply that she needed something or other. One time she said she needed a pencil, which is why my desk draw was open.......but with my desk caddie sitting right on time of the desk, loaded w/ pens and pencils, there was no need to open the my draw. I confronted her and eventually got in to a fight that did not end well. I would bar her from my room (when I was home that is) and avoid each other for weeks. Inevitably, as a child does, I needed my mothers help with something and we started talking again. This time I was armed w/ the right mindset on how to approach what I felt was a violation of my privacy. She was my mother and as such she was "looking out for me". As we spoke, I found out that she was just looking out for me......I have always been a rebel in the family.....she thought that I had fallen in w/ a bad group of kids at school. Drugs were a problem in my community and she was worried about me, but the way she approached me, offended me. My friends were junkies......just not the kind she thought of.....we were adrenaline junkies. We went rat hunting in the city at night in abandoned buildings and yards, and even in Central Park w/ BB guns, we repelled off the Queens-borough bridge into the middle of a softball game, we climbed that same bridge all the way to the top inside one of the support struts, rock climbing and eventually got into sky-diving. Through all of that and many years later, the strongest drug we ever did was a nice scotch. But that wasn't until I was much older and "wiser" (possibly). Perspective. What I saw was an invasion and violation of my room, my stuff, my privacy. The reality was that I was being cared for and protected. It took me a long time to accept my mother's point of view. Once I did, there wasn't a problem any more.....the cycle was broken. She also understood my point of view, and always asked to enter my room from then on. The solution was, we just needed to talk about our concerns.......but sometimes it's hard when you don't know how to broach the subject. Sometimes it takes an outside influence for perception to change.

Its a hard thing to do....seeing someone else's point of view. People do..... what people do.....because that is what people do. People say....what people say.....because that is what people say. People react......as people react.....because that is how people react. You can insert any word to complete the sentence, but the result is the same. Think on it.

Last edited:
I've been ghosting this chat for a while and I love what you guys have been saying. You all absolutely kick ass and are incredible people.
I'd like to add a little something. It's from the 2003 anime Fullmetal Alchemist. I starting watching this anime during what was a defining emotional journey for me that eventually made me as strong as I am today. This very quote very nearly broke me into tears (it would have if I was able to cry. Don't take crying for granted - it's painful when you can't, even when you try and force yourself to.)

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete. Equivalent Exchange doesn't encompass everything that goes on here, but I still choose to believe in its principle, that all things do come at a price, that there's an ebb and a flow, a cycle, that the pain we went through, did have a reward, and that anyone who's determined and perseveres, will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back