IM Mark VI- Helmet Update(Pics Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskullms

Jr Member
Well Thanks to SharkHead For This Wonderfull Helmet.
Here when i finished The Pep.
rvC5S.jpg

And Here bondo and Sanding
qGzWU.jpg

Now Fully Primered
Xy5Db.jpg

uVJvL.jpg

WuOYG.jpg

well guys leave your comments,sugestions anything you want,i want hear everyone to make this better and better!!Thanks!!;)
!

Last edited by a moderator:
looking great so far, I'm very nervous about my first bondo on my test helmet, do you have any suggestions, 'cause yours looks really well done. Your details look fantastic too. It almost looks like a 2 piece helmet, is it going to be on a hing so it can withdraw the face plate, or is it dremeled out to look like its 2 pieces?

I can't wait to see more pics, post updates soon and keep up the great work!

looking great so far, I'm very nervous about my first bondo on my test helmet, do you have any suggestions, 'cause yours looks really well done. Your details look fantastic too. It almost looks like a 2 piece helmet, is it going to be on a hing so it can withdraw the face plate, or is it dremeled out to look like its 2 pieces?

I can't wait to see more pics, post updates soon and keep up the great work!
this is sharkhead helmet and this helmet is 5 pieces i think.i dint added to much bondo on this helmet because he is HD and have alot of details so you dont have to do much,i used bondo on all faceplate a little bondo on the back and fully bondo on jaw so it was a pain to sand hehe...to bondo you can do it separated just measure all of the time to see if the pieces fit.and to cut the fiberglass just use some fine handsaw like some guys here taught to me. if you need something else just ask im glad to be useful.

Hey Guys can anyone give me some ideas for the hinge system?? What tool i have to use on Faceplate and how i do on the jaw?pls post pictures because im on brasil so the tools here have diferent names :p so i got to print the image and look on the stores hahaha Thanks!!

I had a big ole' discussion with zabana the past couple of days on he he did it and how h plans to upgrade his and other possible ways of doing it. The thread is here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25700-Ironman-Motorised-Faceplate-Idea

Also, you helmet is looking nice and smooth. I mean, really smooth. The only thing I would say is that on the last picture it looks as it the bit on the faceplate just above the mouth has a few rough spots. Apart from that, absolutely fantastic work :)

this thing is very useful dude for the hinge...
i can make of card board and fiberglass too but i dont know how xD

this thing is very useful dude for the hinge...
i can make of card board and fiberglass too but i dont know how xD

Yes they are very useful. The reason I took the other route is bcause when I test fitted it on my helmet, They were alittle too long and when my faceplate closed the end of the hinge was tight on the side of my ears.

yup...but this part was very hard to sand haha

Can you provide some tips? I'm doing mine in a couple of hours, and I don't even want to put bondo in there! I'm thinking of just putting rondo in the inside and not the outside. because putting it on the outside would be a pain in the butt

Can you provide some tips? I'm doing mine in a couple of hours, and I don't even want to put bondo in there! I'm thinking of just putting rondo in the inside and not the outside. because putting it on the outside would be a pain in the butt
did you have any tutorial or pics ?? i want try :D can you post?or send me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back