Im OFFICALY scared of National Geographic Channel..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim said:
Isn't money sort of part of the means...?
anyways I meant flying cars, not fly cars ;)

Although cars for flies would be awesome..

"Ow! I just got hit by a tiny PT Cruiser...lol"

Last edited by a moderator:
GruntOfAction said:
Although cars for flies would be awesome..
"Ow! I just got hit by a tiny PT Cruiser...lol"

Oh I was thinking it came across kinda slang-ish, like, that car is fly yo...

aren't mini black holes in a circle how the unsc shaw-fujikawa drives work?

i like to belive in fate: you die when you die and there is nothing you can do about it. however if you did know when you were going to die and you prevented your death then there would be massive repercussions.

BloodyShadow13 said:
i like to belive in fate: you die when you die and there is nothing you can do about it. however if you did know when you were going to die and you prevented your death then there would be massive repercussions.
thats a silly theory

Gravemind said:
No, the only thing that you have to fear from a Nuclear Reactor is a meltdown, at least with Fission. I am not sure about Fusion. There has only been one Nuclear Melt-Down in the History of Earth. That was in the USSR, and that was a result of improper safety procedures. I am sure you are familiar with it, it was in Chernobyl. There is no threat of that in America.
-snip-

Incorrect, actually.
The Three Mile Island accident led to a partial meltdown in one of the cores. It ended up leading to lots of changes to prevent it from happening again, but technically speaking, a meltdown did happen in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Mile_Island_accident

Ultimately, the fear onf accidentally spawning a black hole is pretty useless, as prior stated. According to the physics of everything, while it is technically possible to make a legitimate black hole from a few atoms, the density required is so rediculous that we aren't capable of doing it with current technology(as priorly stated by someone else in the thread)

Worrying about this kinda stuff while a decent mental exercise is ultimately pretty unfounded and doesn't do you much good. The fact is it's either going to happen or it won't and worrying on it is only going to make yourself miserable.
Our best bet is just get back to working on armor, playing games and just having fun with life.

BloodyShadow13 said:

Jebus you remind me of Neji...lol..

If you knew when you were going to "die" and you avoided it you would die another way reguardless on how you thought you were gonna die.

Uhmm I would think that if u'd know how you'd die and you prevented it, its part of destiny not to die at that point, instead you will die some other time on a way you didn't see coming.

Wow this thread went further then I thought lol

All this talk of dying and avoiding it only to die a different way reminds me of the movies Final Destination. Now those were some good movies :D

Oh man, those movies were weird.
Pretty good(at least the first one) but still bizzare. You think people would just....stop losing or something. Of course, it's pretty much a terrible idea to piss death off anyways. Death knows how to hold a nasty grudge.

I don't think you should worry about dying from some sort of hypothetical science theory, it's probably far more likely to die in a crash of various sorts, some sort of attack (terrorist or otherwise), or cancer...

I also think you shouldn't worry about dying, and just enjoy living.

Jim said:
I don't think you should worry about dying from some sort of hypothetical science theory, it's probably far more likely to die in a crash of various sorts, some sort of attack (terrorist or otherwise), or cancer...

I also think you shouldn't worry about dying, and just enjoy living.

True, with Halo 3 who needs to worry about death :p

But seriously I think the way you could die from a science theory is if Ben Stine is explaining it to you..And its a long one....

Actually...Get Ben Stine to narrate Genisis in the Bible...you'd die that way for sure...

sure all we need, in this age of mass travel, to end the world is for a deadly infection, to mutate so it doesn't show any effects for about 14 days but is still infectious. with the time it takes to figure why the infection is apparently spreading so randomly so quickly we'd last two months... if even.

sorry gruntofaction. :p

falcon NL said:
Creating a good stable Vortex or a black hole is impossible. The reason for the TeV is to look for the parts that make gravity happen (graviton). These part are exist in theory, there are also looking for the Higgs part.

It is maybe possible theoretical to create a tiny little backhole. This hole is really small (think 10000000/of a cm) and can only exist for a split second and then it vaporise. You are getting all hyped up about nothing. Where nothing near creating a stable black hole, or creating any hole for that matter.

The best result that we could get form the TeV is atomic fusion.
You don't get all hyped up about something because its possible in theory.... ZOMG a Einstein-Rosen bridge!!!We can get almost to other planets!!ZOMG Atomic fusion, no more power problems!!!
Come back in a decades or 7, then we can talk about being scared

Scientists CAN create a black hole, and with this new particle accellerator they are able to do it by smashing two atoms together at the speed of light, the resulting impact creates a microscopic black hole that lasts for shorter than a 1/10000 of a second, but is a black hole none the less. That is what you saw on the Discovery channel.

I personally thing it is awesome, if they can make a stable minature black hole it could solve all of the worlds power problems

zeronifty said:
Scientists CAN create a black hole, and with this new particle accellerator they are able to do it by smashing two atoms together at the speed of light, the resulting impact creates a microscopic black hole that lasts for shorter than a 1/10000 of a second, but is a black hole none the less. That is what you saw on the Discovery channel.
I personally thing it is awesome, if they can make a stable minature black hole it could solve all of the worlds power problems

Yes, it solves power problems by taking it to create something that will fizzle out. Problem solved!

Well actually, with that technology, they may be getting closer to figuring out how to build a nuclear fusion reactor. Which will solve the energy crisis and the environment, and not to mention it would be much safer then nuclear fission reactors.

DrkZide said:
but realistically most people will just die from a form of cancer especially in females, Females will most likely die from a result of cervical or ovarian cancer caused by HPV. HPV is no longer treated or diagnosed anymore because it is so common, about 80% of the sexually active population has HPV. Men are not affected by it but women have a risk of developing cancer.
Scared yet?

One, there's shots you can take to prevent cervical cancer, I should know because my mother makes them, women will be fine if they get the shots. It's called Gardisel.

And guys, don't worry about the bug, if you have a strong immune system, you should be fine.
Don't worry about bird flu, it's badif you're in a 3rd world country touching chickens.
And the brain eating virus is EXTREMELY rare.

Well that anti cancer shot I read doesnt prevent all types of cancer as the commercial says for gardisel. Even my father who gives these shots doesnt believe in them. I read some colleges are forcing girls to get these shots if they want it or not, and this shot does have side effects on some people, so I wouldnt bring cancer out of the picture just because there is a shot for you to take that will help somewhat, The best is to eat healthy, I eat tons of vegetables in each meal, so I get half meat/grain and half veggies. I havent been sick since.....3-4 years ago...carrot juice also helps, I hate it, but I drink it with tons of orange juice, taste good with orange juice, No I dont turn orange, thats for the obsessed people who eat nothing but carrots.

I know more about the drug than most public does, so let me clear a few things up.
My mother's company, Merck, is under fire for this drug.
It is a prevention for cervical cancer.
There's different numbers of cervical cancer a woman can get, like type 52.
Gardisal protects against ALL MAJOR numbers of cervical cancer, so a woman is less likely to contract it.
This means that there is still a chance, given a very slim chance, that a woman can still get the cancer.
But it's a small percentage.
Also, what some colleges do is their business.
Naturally, some people will have side effects to medicine, but none are serious. Meaning, will bounce back after having the side effects.
And lastly, cervical cancer can be, in some instances, hereditary, so even if you eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle, there's still a chance you can contract it, and if you take the shot, there is even less of a chance you can get it.

Trust me, I know a lot about it.
I'm going to get the shots. Vagina cancer just doesn't sound like a party.

Sarge Christi said:
I know more about the drug than most public does, so let me clear a few things up.
Gardisal protects against ALL MAJOR numbers of cervical cancer, so a woman is less likely to contract it.
This means that there is still a chance, given a very slim chance, that a woman can still get the cancer.
Naturally, some people will have side effects to medicine, but none are serious. Meaning, will bounce back after having the side effects.
And lastly, cervical cancer can be, in some instances, hereditary, so even if you eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle, there's still a chance you can contract it, and if you take the shot, there is even less of a chance you can get it.

Trust me. Men feel the same way about getting cancer in their ding dong or their ping pongs..lol..

Sarge Christi said:

I though gardisal prevented HPV, not the cancer itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back