Inspired to build an ODST KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The belt buckle came out pretty well.

Attachments

• belt buckle.jpg
    belt buckle.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 198
The butt pouches have by far been the most difficult. Lots of pieces that needed beveling before gluing in. One thing I do when beveling sintra, especially the white sintra, is to hit the top of the edge that i am going to bevel with a sharpie. That way I can look at it from an angle and see the edge of the black sharpie and ensure my razor blade is right at the edge. I do sometime cut the bevel as I am cutting the piece out but some times it easier to do it this way. I also do some beveling with the dremel it all depends on the angles needed.

Attachments

• butt pouch side.jpg
    butt pouch side.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 178
  • butt pouch.jpg
    butt pouch.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 172
Yeah I have to agree with Sean, i'm quite envious of your skills with foam. Each piece looks amazing

Does anyone know if the buckles on the back of the shoulder straps are the same as the ones on the front?

Does anyone know if the buckles on the back of the shoulder straps are the same as the ones on the front?

Edward_Buck_ODST.png wip___halo_odst__buck_3d_model_by_joeshouseofart-d8xd8vx copy copy.jpg

They look the same to me given a limited set of images for ODST backs. If they're not the same, I'd say they're at least close enough to use the same buckle style for both front and back.

The part that might to be different is, in the back photo, there appears to be another loop(?) bit at the bottom. I'd have to find more reference photos of an ODST's back, preferably without the backpack (I actually don't have any of those atm). It may also be that the style I'm seeing on the backpack is different than the one's that go on the actual armor shoulder straps.

Anyone have a good reference photo of the back without a backpack?

Side note: The longer I look at that back photo the more assumptions I had disappear as false.

View attachment 277888 View attachment 277889

They look the same to me given a limited set of images for ODST backs. If they're not the same, I'd say they're at least close enough to use the same buckle style for both front and back.

The part that might to be different is, in the back photo, there appears to be another loop(?) bit at the bottom. I'd have to find more reference photos of an ODST's back, preferably without the backpack (I actually don't have any of those atm). It may also be that the style I'm seeing on the backpack is different than the one's that go on the actual armor shoulder straps.

Anyone have a good reference photo of the back without a backpack?

Side note: The longer I look at that back photo the more assumptions I had disappear as false.
Yeah they do look similar, I have found a few low quality pics with back buckles but you can't really see it that well. The ones with the backpack do look like they have a smaller extra loop. Thanks for the reference pics.

This looks like a question that should be asked in the sfm thread for great angles that we dont have!

The butt pouches have by far been the most difficult.
Ok I missed the text in this post but in my OPINION the buttplate was honestly the worst piece of armor I had to build. more so because with how small it was I thought it would be easy :cry:

Ok I missed the text in this post but in my OPINION the buttplate was honestly the worst piece of armor I had to build. more so because with how small it was I thought it would be easy :cry:
When I was in the initial planning I was going to make it functional like the butt pack on my Mollie, but then I decided since I'm building with plastic and probably can't reach it anyway why bother.

Picked up a new sheet of sintra today and started working on the back and front torso pieces. Got a few ideas I'm gonna try to incorporate, hopefully I'll have some pics up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back