Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Leonidas
Profession? Student?: Currenting working as a Game Support Agent, also part time as a designer and offer 3D printing
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: I really liked Spartan-Ops from Halo 4
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Mirror's Edge
Other Interests: DnD, Music, and Cooking
Favorite Food: Bone-in Ribeye smothered in mushrooms
Favorite Band: Within Temptation
Favorite Movie(s): Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to learn how to improve my cosplay and modeling
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've made 2 Assassins' Creed cosplays and printed a full suit of Spartan armor
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
No
Other:

First Name: Leonidas
Profession? Student?: Currenting working as a Game Support Agent, also part time as a designer and offer 3D printing
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: I really liked Spartan-Ops from Halo 4
Favorite Video Game: Mirror's Edge
Other Interests: DnD, Music, and Cooking
Favorite Food: Bone-in Ribeye smothered in mushrooms
Favorite Band: Within Temptation
Favorite Movie(s): Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to learn how to improve my cosplay and modeling
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've made 2 Assassins' Creed cosplays and printed a full suit of Spartan armor
No
Other:
Welcome to the community man! Need any help be sure to hit up any regiment staff or division. Also just ask any build questions. We all jump to help each other.

First Name: Athanasios, but you might as well call me Sakis
Profession? Student?: I am currently an university student :)
Favorite Hobby: Cosplaying or playing videogames
Favorite part of Halo: Casually sniping everyone or shiving them with my Energy Sword
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: I'd say that no game made me feel as fullfilled as The Witcher 3 (since then a game hasn't made me so happy as it did)
Other Interests: Reading, binge-watching stuff on Netflix
Favorite Food: rare steak
Favorite Band: I'd say ACDC or Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, The Dark Knight trilogy, anything Marvel related (lack of Mjolnir armor made me upload this as my profile pic)
What do you hope to learn here?: To kick ass and chew bubblegum (damn, bad universe)
Have you built/made a costume before?: Well, there is Tony Starj's Mark IV and Geralt of Rivia
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, but do have cosplayer friends to hang out for beers and chill
Other: I love dad jokes, Terry Pratchett and nerding out about stuff

•First Name: Jonathan
•Profession? Student?: Student on a break. Ideally I would like to work for a major theme park and design/theme rides and lands.
•Favorite Hobby: I enjoy the outdoors, mostly hiking. I am trying to learn mountaineering.
•Favorite part of Halo: I'm a sucker for a good story, and the lore really adds to that. I also enjoy the books.
•Favorite Halo: Reach, followed closely by ODST. ODST was my introduction to the series and I like how the campaign is a much more personal story. Reach is top for me because of the story and because you are Noble 6. You mold them to your liking instead of having a set character.
•Favorite Video Game: The original Battlefront 2. That game is my childhood.
•Other Interests: Football, hockey, military history, Star Wars, the outdoors, and anime.
•Favorite Food: Right now it's yogurt. Mix up some vanilla yogurt, all natural peanut butter, a banana, and sprinkle in some chocolate protein crisps. Delicious.
•Favorite Band: Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers
•Favorite Movie(s): Top 3. Avatar, Revenge of the Sith, and The Dark Knight.
•What do you hope to learn here?: Different techniques for construction of costumes. I'm also interested in improving my stitching and learning about electronics.
•Have you built/made a costume before?: I have assembled and painted a Jango Fett helmet.
•Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not currently. I would like to eventually finish my Jango Fett costume and join the 501st, however I'm more interested/focused on my plans to build a Noble 6 costume at the moment.

In an attempt to overcome the crippling social anxiety I shall do this at the very least. ^^"

First Name: Jodie
Profession? Student?: Video Game Retail Store Worker. (Dangerous place to work when all you do is buy the halo merch you are meant to sell )
Favorite Hobby: Mostly gaming, I also make Destiny related content on TikTok ^^"
Favorite part of Halo: I met nearly all my long distance friends roleplaying halo years ago, and they are still some of my most treasured memories. not to mention playing the games with them for years after.
Favorite Halo: Gunna have to be Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: eh.. Halo Reach/Destiny 2
Other Interests: I'm pretty much glued to my Xbox when I'm not working, but I've always wanted to build my own costumes and things. so I'm hoping being here I can get that chance ^^
Favorite Food: Mac and Cheese >.>
Favorite Band: I don't really have one ^^" if I like a song, I like a song.
Favorite Movie(s): again.. don't really have one. I like the star wars movies, transformers, marvel and all sorts.
What do you hope to learn here?: EVERYTHING. I'm a total noob.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've painted spartan helmets I bought, but that's the closest I've ever really gotten.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope.

First Name: Jeff
Profession: Programmer
Favorite Hobby: Being involved in Halo related things
Favorite part of Halo: The Story and Multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: Halo MCC
Other Interests: Making music visualizers and video game archiving
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Movie(s): Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle
What do you hope to learn here?: How to help others make cool props!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, but if I ever got a printer I would love to.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: I am working on a project that aims to be the biggest archive of 3D models and sound files from every Halo game. So far it is nearing 100 gigs of model data all in .obj format.

This archive contains nearly all weapons, vehicles, armors, npc/characters, and sound files from Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 & ODST, Halo Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. I am new here so I will be making a huge post about it once I get cleared to post in other forums, but for those of you that are curious here is a link to it:

Hope to see you all around! :D

First Name: Jordan
Profession? Student?: Currently a student going in for Networking and Operating Systems.
Favorite Hobby: Video Games for Sure!
Favorite part of Halo: The story it tells, along with the good memories I make with my friends.
Favorite Halo: Tied between Halo 3 and Reach.
Favorite Video Game: XCOM Series.
Other Interests: I've been trying to delve into cooking. Not very good at it, but getting better!
Favorite Food: Steak. Almost any cut.
Favorite Band: I tend to stick to Hip Hop and RnB
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars Ep III
What do you hope to learn here?: I'd love to be able to learn how to create my own suit of spartan armor. It's been a goal for quite some time.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not, but I have considered the 501st Legion.
Other: I'm super inexperienced when it comes to things like this that involves creativity. All I want is to soak up the experience and wisdom from other costume makers and hope one day that I can.

I appreciate that you guys exist to help others like myself who doesn't know a thing about it. I look forward to what I can learn!

First Name: Kyle
Profession? Student?: Transmission refurbishment
Favorite Hobby: Guitar
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: Varies between Halo, Forza, and Fallout
Other Interests: Rubiks cube, reading and exercising
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: To many to name mostly classic rock
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank redemption/Law Abiding citizen/ Enemy at the Gates
What do you hope to learn here?: How to frugally build props/costumes
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Other:

First Name: Dylan. You can call me Dylan. I haven’t reached “CALLSIGN” status yet.
Profession? Student?: I am a traveling preacher.
Favorite Hobby: Foamsmithing
Favorite part of Halo: It would have to be the memories.
Favorite Video Game: Assassins Creed (Ezio’s Storyline)
Other Interests: I like all kinds of arts and crafts.
Favorite Food: I’ve been on a Chicken Tender kick for a while.
Favorite Band: I listen to a variety of artists.
Favorite Movie(s): Anything Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to increase my knowledge of the process of building more detailed kits. I have the basics down and all the tools I need to get the job down. I’d really like to learn more about wiring lights, fans, and such.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes. And ODST Rookie for my brother a couple years ago (No pictures sadly.) Also Mandalorian (WIP)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.
Other: I’ve spent a lot of time reading and watching other posts and builds. Some of the stuff is intimidating, but with guidance and patience I think I can crank out a kit that will be worthy of the 405th Infantry Division

Other: I’ve spent a lot of time reading and watching other posts and builds. Some of the stuff is intimidating, but with guidance and patience I think I can crank out a kit that will be worthy of the 405th Infantry Division
We accept all builds of all quality! Have you met our lord and savior trash can mech?

First Name: Logan
Profession: Private Security/ Anthropologist
Favorite Hobby: Working Out/ Reading
Favorite part of Halo: That it gave me the opportunity to meet great friends and most fond memories in customs
Favorite Video Game: Halo / Gears of War
Other Interests: Outdoors, Working on JP themed Jeep
Favorite Food: Grapes
Favorite Band: Slaughter to Prevail / Opera and Classical
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park, The Burbs
What do you hope to learn here?: New craft skills, and electronics
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've started a master chief helmet back when I was 18, but after putting in fiberglass and bonds I've stopped. Currently finishing that but I am currently started my Reach character.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Negative
Other:

Last edited:
First Name: same as the Spartan ..Kelly
Profession? Student?: I wish...
Favorite Hobby: toss between gaming and Costuming
Favorite part of Halo: All of it, Old enough to be one of the first to play it when it came out
Favorite Halo: see above
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Destiny
Other Interests: sewing creating.
Favorite Food: Crumbed lamb steak with mash taters
Favorite Band: ok I'll pick something current.. nope cant think.. oh hang on Keith Urban I like him
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, LOTR .... and that Potter lad and anything Sci-fi
What do you hope to learn here?: Ideas on costuming and also to help in return
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes I have , created over 32 , though never to old to learn more
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: well yes, when you 32 of the dam things it becomes an addiction.
Other: Costumes, I've made Anime new and old, Destiny (havent achieved a Titan yet), Star Wars around 16, Mrs Potts, Harry potter character, Pirates, Aliens, Stargate, Battlestar, Hobbit, Fairy....I'm pretty sure I've forgotten a couple, still learning that foaming stuff making Wings was hard. Looking into making a helmets out of foam, keen to hide the old face. sorry that was long winded.

Alrighty, here we go.

First Name: Dallin
Profession? Student?: Mechanical engineering student!
Favorite Hobby: LEGOs
Favorite part of Halo: Campaign Story
Favorite Video Game: Breath of the Wild
Other Interests: Running
Favorite Food: Thai food
Favorite Band: Oh gosh... Walk the Moon, St. Lucia, The National Parks, The Strike. Just to name a few.
Favorite Movie(s): Arrival and Hunt for the Wilderpeople
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make realistic props and foam armor.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not at all, but I remember looking into pepakura as a little kid.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: not much of a costume but I’m looking into a Star Wars droid build community
Other: I have access to a ton of really nice tools like CNC machines and laser cutters but have none of the experience to know how to apply them to costuming!

Hi! I'm new :)

First name: Alyssa
Profession: art teacher
Favorite hobby: costuming
Favorite part of Halo: playing with friends
Favorite Halo: all!
Favorite video game: Jedi Fallen Order, Halo, Mass Effect
Other interests: Star Wars- I'm a major SW nerd
Favorite food: french fries
Favorite band: Of Monsters and Men, Twenty-One Pilots
Favorite movies: Star Wars and Marvel
What do you hope to learn? How to build foam armor
Have you built/made a costume before: Yes! I have a few Marvel costumes I've done. I also have built a custom Mandalorian and several other Star Wars costumes. I'm also working on building a clonetrooper at the moment.
Do you belong to other costume communities: Yes! I'm part of the 501st Legion (SW) and its sister groups the Rebel Legion and Mandalorian Mercs

First Name: Bennett
Profession? Student?: Retail Manager
Favorite Hobby: Cooking and making anything of interest out of anything I can find.
Favorite part of Halo: The first three games as they were a core part of my childhood. That being said I have loved every one I have gotten my hands on.
Favorite Halo: Halo Wars by hours played and Halo's 1-3 for the story.
Other Interests: Smithing, model making, woodworking, leatherwork, etc, etc.
Favorite Food: Anything my girlfriend bakes.
Favorite Band: Miracleofsound
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings
What do you hope to learn here?: Everything. I am brand new to making cosplay and will need a lot of guidance.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I am currently in the process of making my first costume. It is a basic medieval style suit of armor made from cardboard.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so
, which one(s)?: Nope, this is my first one.

First Name: Ethan
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: Mostly Cars
Favorite part of Halo: The Story and music
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Metal Gear Revengeance
Other Interests: Cars as stated above
Favorite Food: Anything meat related
Favorite Band: My music tastes are all over the place there are too many
Favorite Movie(s): Spaceballs
What do you hope to learn here?: How to properly post-process armor
Have you built/made a costume before?: DFT's ODST and SPI
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

First Name: Ian
Profession? Student?: Machinist/ mold maker
Favorite Hobby: Making things/ sanding.
Favorite part of Halo: in-depth designs and backstory
Favorite Halo: All including books and RvB
Favorite Video Game: halo 2
Other Interests: manufacturing methods, robotics, and learning.
Favorite Food: Anything my wife makes.
Favorite Band: I don't really have one.
Favorite Movie(s): I don't really have one.
What do you hope to learn here?: More than anything I want to learn the community.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have made lots of props but my wife and I are just getting into costuming. my first costume is in progress
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:i am part of the halo 3D printing page on Facebook

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Other:
Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name: dan
Profession? bricklayer
Favorite Hobby:airsoft clay pigeon shootin
Favorite part of Halo: halo 3
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game:depends what mood i m in
Other Interests: gaming 3d printing models
Favorite pizza
Favorite green day
Favorite Movie: black hawk down
What do you hope to learn here?:skills and techniques
Have you built/made a costume before?: dabbled in pep
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:nope
Other:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back