Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Sam
Profession? Industrial Designer
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Miniatures and 3D Printing
Favorite part of Halo: Fist time setting foot on a ring in Halo CE
Favorite Halo: All but 5
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Destiny and Fable
Other Interests: Miniature, building things, books and much more
Favorite Food: Pizza (Fresher the better)
Favorite Band: Tough question but atm its The Dead Pirates
Favorite Movie(s):LOTRS (All) and Tron Legacy
What do you hope to learn here?: How too and improve skills in making life size props.
Have you built/made a costume before?:A few simple ones but mainly hand cannons from Destiny
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not at this time but im also interested in printing some Mando stuff
Other: Im an industrial designer by trade with knoledge of CAD and 3D printing. I mainly use one program fpr work purposes but I would like to broaden my knowledge.

First Name: Dark
Profession: Computer Science
Favourite Hobby: Video games, coding, video editing
Favourite part of Halo: Shutdown speedruns lol
Favourite Halo: Halo 4
Favourite Video Game: Beat Saber
Other Interests: Beat Saber
Favourite Food: Don't really know tbh
Favourite Band: I seem to be quite bad at these questions
Favourite Movie(s): ...make that very bad
What do you hope to learn here?: Always wanted to make my own in-game helmet.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope, just starting
Other: I'm sorry for liking Halo 4

First Name:saxon
Profession? Student?:student
Favorite Hobby: prop making
Favorite part of Halo:the story line and characters
Favorite Halo:3
Favorite Video Game:halo 3
Other Interests:destiny, mega construx halo, lego, airfix plastic models
Favorite Food:mega donair
Favorite Band: pearl jam
Favorite Movie(s): halo legends
What do you hope to learn here?:better ways to make cosplay and props
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes I have made three
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:none
Other:none

Last edited:
First Name: Dark
Profession: Computer Science
Favourite Hobby: Video games, coding, video editing
Favourite part of Halo: Shutdown speedruns lol
Favourite Halo: Halo 4
Favourite Video Game: Beat Saber
Other Interests: Beat Saber
Favourite Food: Don't really know tbh
Favourite Band: I seem to be quite bad at these questions
Favourite Movie(s): ...make that very bad
What do you hope to learn here?: Always wanted to make my own in-game helmet.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope, just starting
Other: I'm sorry for liking Halo 4
dude halo 4 is good and I too had a hard time answering

First Name: It's a secret to everybody
Profession? Student?: Student! :)
Favorite Hobby: making cosplay!
Favorite part of Halo: The armor for sure
Favorite Halo: Multiplayer, Reach and Halo 4. Campaign, Halo 2 Anniversary
Favorite Video Game: Can't choose one!
Other Interests: sleeping, breathing, 3D printing
Favorite Food: Bread
Favorite Band: Cage the Elephant
Favorite Movie(s): Can't choose one!
What do you hope to learn here?: How to finish something for real and how to model buckets in Fusion :)
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes-ish
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: "Combine Cosplay" for Half-Life fans
Other: I'm pretty active in the discord
cage the elaphant! love that band

Since I'm new here let me fufill my new recruit duty.....

First Name: Tim

Profession? Student?: Both actually. I recently changed careers from being a pharmacist to being a substitute teacher and am now going back to school to get my teaching license.

Favorite Hobby: Do I have to pick a favorite? I LOVE cosplay, 3D printing, model making, woodworking, board gaming, coding, building things, puzzles.

Favorite part of Halo: Have not played Halo (please be kind...)

Favorite Halo: Whats Halo? (ok so perhaps I crossed the line here.... )

Favorite Video Game: Zelda and Metroid series.

Other Interests: Science Fiction, movies, rocketry, board games.

Favorite Food: Pork Fried Rice

Favorite Band: Nirvana

Favorite Movie(s): The Goonies, Back to the Future, Shawshank Redemption, Star Trek: TNG, Stargate SG-1, The Expanse.

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn additional tools, techniques, and make some friends.

Have you built/made a costume before?: No, but I'm starting to work on Samus and the Mandalorian.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do frequent the RPF

Other: I'm currently building Samus arm cannon for myself and also one for my son. Building the Delorean from Eaglemoss and waiting for my first shipment for Building the Enterprise-D.

Profession? Student?: Both actually. I recently changed careers from being a pharmacist to being a substitute teacher and am now going back to school to get my teaching license.

Favorite Hobby: Do I have to pick a favorite? I LOVE cosplay, 3D printing, model making, woodworking, board gaming, coding, building things, puzzles.

Favorite Movie(s): The Goonies, Back to the Future, Shawshank Redemption, Star Trek: TNG, Stargate SG-1, The Expanse.

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn additional tools, techniques, and make some friends.

Have you built/made a costume before?: No, but I'm starting to work on Samus and the Mandalorian.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do frequent the RPF

Other: I'm currently building Samus arm cannon for myself and also one for my son. Building the Delorean from Eaglemoss and waiting for my first shipment for Building the Enterprise-D.
I didn't know about halo till five years ago

I have to ask, what drew you to join our little community if you are unfamiliar with Halo?

We are of course happy to have you, just curious.

First Name: Skye
Profession? Student?: HS student
Favorite Hobby: RC building and flying/ cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: Noble Team.
Favorite Halo: Reach!
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests: Nuclear Engineering, Tech theater, CAD modeling
Favorite Food: tie between sushi and cherry pie
Favorite Band: Imagine Dragons
Favorite Movie(s): Kung fu panda 2
What do you hope to learn here?: How to refine my foam skills and use pepakura more effectively.
Have you built/made a costume before?: multiple including Andrew DFT's ODST.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope!

First Name: Sam
Profession? Industrial Designer
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Miniatures and 3D Printing
Favorite part of Halo: Fist time setting foot on a ring in Halo CE
Favorite Halo: All but 5
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Destiny and Fable
Other Interests: Miniature, building things, books and much more
Favorite Food: Pizza (Fresher the better)
Favorite Band: Tough question but atm its The Dead Pirates
Favorite Movie(s):LOTRS (All) and Tron Legacy
What do you hope to learn here?: How too and improve skills in making life size props.
Have you built/made a costume before?:A few simple ones but mainly hand cannons from Destiny
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not at this time but im also interested in printing some Mando stuff
Other: Im an industrial designer by trade with knoledge of CAD and 3D printing. I mainly use one program fpr work purposes but I would like to broaden my knowledge.
Oh sweet another Tron fan!

Sorry y’all I’m not used to forums quite yet, but I figured if I ever want to deploy I should probably post

First Name: Matt

Profession: Sign Fabrication/Starbucks. I have a degree in film/video production.

Favorite Hobby: Prop making (shocker)

Favorite part of Halo: The Music/The Community

Favorite Halo: 3/4 for the story. Reach for the community

Favorite Video Game: Halo in general

Other Interests: Digital art and design, clothing design. Anime.

Favorite Food: dumplings

Favorite Band: Streetlight Manifesto

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Tron, 2001 (film degree, I could go on all day)

What do you hope to learn here?: I want to bounce new ideas off of community members, have a place to experiment with new processes and share my findings, also I need to learn how to use forums.

Have you built/made a costume before?: Quite a few but halo wise I’ve built a DFT ODST in 2017, and free handed a H4 Chief in 2019 that won 2 awards

Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Anvil Station! But most of us are 405th Pacific already.

Other: I think that’s it? I have a few friends in the Midwest and Pacific regiments so they convinced me to join.

Last edited:
First Name: Mark

Profession? Student?: Currently a chef but wish to go into computing (quite different I know)

Favorite Hobby: Gaming, 3d Printing and photography

Favorite part of Halo: The memories I have growing up

Favorite Halo: ODST (no surprise if you look at my profile) and Reach

Favorite Video Game: Destiny Series and Halo Series (Don't make me pick I like both the same)

Other Interests: Motorbike adventure riding

Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite Band: Bring Me The Horizon

Favorite Movie(s): Shaun of the Dead

What do you hope to learn here?: New ways to make cosplays

Have you built/made a costume before?: I made a suit a couple of years ago using the DFT templates and followed the tutorials like a lot of people on here I've seen, and I am currently in the process of making my 3d printed ONI Operative ODST suit.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I have made a Mandalorian but never really published it anywhere.

Other: ...

Prénom: Andréas.
Profession? Étudiant?: Illustrateur
Passe-temps préféré: Dessiner
Partie préférée de Halo:
Halo préféré:
Jeu vidéo préféré: Tales of symphonia
Autres intérêts: cosplay
Nourriture préférée: japonais
Groupe préféré:
Film (s) préféré (s): Star Wars
Qu'espérez-vous apprendre ici ?: apprendre à créer des armures en mousse
Avez-vous déjà construit / fabriqué un costume ?: oui le casque daedric en papier via pepakura
Appartenez-vous à d'autres communautés de costumes? Si oui, lequel (s) ?: non
Autre:

First Name: Jason
Profession? Illustrator, cartographer, layout artist, art director.
Favorite Hobby: Building anything - cosplay, miniatures, etc.
Favorite part of Halo: Big Team Super Fiesta!!!!!
Favorite Halo: None - they all brought something to the table. I never go back to older versions (for any game really).
Favorite Video Game: Original Doom and Quake blew my mind.
Other Interests: Art.
Favorite Food: How to choose?
Favorite Band: Impossible. I listen to a lot of Love is Colder Than Death these days, Arcana, Watain, 80's etc.
Favorite Movie(s): The original Alien, Blade Runner, etc etc.
What do you hope to learn here?: Foam building skills.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, two full sets of Spartan armour and weapons in foam.

Hi all, I'm making a new thread here as it's been over a year since I was active and I've also gender transitioned since then. If anyone could help me get in contact with a moderator I would greatly appreciate it-- I couldn't figure out how to do so for the life of me and I would like to get the old thread deleted to get rid of the incorrect info about myself. Now on to the fun part! :D

Name: Star
Profession: CDL Operator
Favorite Hobbies: Digital Art, Gaming, Cosplay, Writing, etc
Favorite part of Halo: Military paraphernalia design honestly. From armor to weapons to vehicles-it's all really intriguing.
Favorite Halo Game: Halo 3: ODST, closely tied with H2A
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect Trilogy or Ark Survival Evolved (I really like dinosaurs :p )
Other Interests: Film, Palentology
Favorite Food: Steak is always a good choice but I cook a mean citrus chicken.
Favorite Bands: Starset- they are honestly just on a whole 'nother level..., Glitch Mob definitely.
Favorite Movie(s): :| this is one of the toughest questions to answer. I can never narrow it down. I guess I'd have to go with Empire Strikes Back.

I'm a non-binary cosplayer, digital artist, and all around nerd. You can refer to me by my name or they/them! I'm definitely not new to cosplaying- I've been with the Star Wars groups for years now but have taken somewhat of a backseat on that while slowly building a 3rd Mandalorian. I've done a few costumes from different fandoms like Mass Effect but Star Wars keeps seeming to pull me back in haha. Finally picking back up (again) on my goal to make a Halo kit- which is an ODST that I started last year. Sadly covid hit right around that time and while I thankfully didn't get sick, it impacted my job a lot and that created stress that kept me from working on the kit. I tend not to be too active online and just blaze through the work-WIP threads are never my forte (lol)- but I will do my best to try and update my thread as I progress. Hopefully this time I can see this through to the end. I did make a promise to a friend who went off to the army so I can't let them down. :)

First Name: Paul
Profession? Student?: Phlebotomist
Favorite Hobby: Streaming, and occasional cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: Making good friends, and unlocking (making irl) new Armor
Favorite Halo: Reach and ODST
Favorite Video Game: Currently playing Master Chief Collection and Titanfall 2
Other Interests: Reading cyberpunk novels, fuse bead art, meditation
Favorite Food: Sushi, Ramen and Pizza 100%
Favorite Band: Chvrches, Grimes
Favorite Movie(s): The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit saga, Altered Carbon
What do you hope to learn here?: How to utilize foamsmithing methods and techniques as well as painting and weathering
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but only a couple that involve foam armor, one being in progress, still.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Just my Titanfall clan; Barcode
Other: I hope I can learn a thing or two, and I hope that when things open back up in the world we can all get more motivated and be generally more active. :)

First Name: Michael C.
Profession? Student?: Wrapping up Freshamn year at IUPUI (Central IN) w/ a major in Mechanical Engineering. I work as a package handler at FedEx
Favorite Hobby: I collect Transformers
Favorite part of Halo: The lore behind it. Or Red vs Blue, if that counts lol
Favorite Halo: Either Reach or 2A
Favorite Video Game: Too hard to just choose one. I mostly play FPS's and Survival/crafting games, along with some horror games.
Other Interests: Transformers, Monty Python, Youtube (Game Theory, Markiplier, etc.)
Favorite Food: Don't have one, but I'm a very picky eater
Favorite Band: Don't have one; don't often listen to music
Favorite Movie(s): Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Transformers: Bumblebee
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build a costume
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: Just looking for other people with similar interests to my own, hopefully geographically close to me as well. I'd really like to work with someone to make my first suit, so I can learn as I go.

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
ok so im new to all this forum stuff and how to use it..
Michael
Veteran: 8yrs active Marine, 6yrs Army Guard
Motorcycles, gaming and beer
Love the entire story of Halo. Games, movies and books
Halo 2, Final Fantasy series, Assasin's Creed series
Pizza
Blink 182
Predator, Aliens, then Star Wars
I enjoy keeping up with the team on FB, Hope to build a suit one day, just bought a 3D printer so need help there
Have built (pepakura) MkII helmet, Predator helmet, Leonidas helmet, Batman cowl and Assasin's Creed Tomahawk. 1 unique Foam build for my daughter (Water Bender armor of my design) and no 3D til now "hopefully"
No

any guidance and files for foam or 3D printing would be super AWESOME! Halo and other games/sci-fi stuff would be greatly appreciated!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back