Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Mike
Profession?: Carpenter
Favorite Hobby: Music / Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Spartan Program
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo / Call of Duty / Assassins Creed
Other Interests: writing music, making videos, photography, video games.
Favorite Food: Italian/ Pizza
Favorite Band: Every Time I Die
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars / Lord of the Rings
What do you hope to learn here?: how to costume
Have you built/made a costume before?: never
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other: really interested in connecting with halo lovers and learning how to make costumes.

Last edited:
I finally got around to doing an introduction thingy

First Name: Amber but my friends call me Blondie or Lady Maul

Profession? Student?: Automotive Painter and Airbrush artist, considering going back to school for SFX makeup.

Favorite Hobby: Cosplaying / Video games / Fitness Training / Rock Climbing

Favorite part of Halo: The memories growing up with it, definitely the Spartan Program, also it has always been a beautiful game.

Favorite Halo: I have a hard time picking a favorite because there's several parts of the games I love. I lean towards 2 and 3 for top, but 4 was stunning and broke my heart.

Favorite Video Game: Currently/ All time Halo / Super Mario / Ghost of Tsushima

Other Interests:

Favorite Food: Steak, Sushi

Favorite Band: Disturbed, Queen, ABBA

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (OG trilogy, Rogue One), Predator, Batman Forever, Dark Night, End Game, Black Panther, Just Go With it, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire and others but those I'll watch again and again.

What do you hope to learn here?: To build Spartan armor!

Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, several!

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes, Minnesota Force, Costumers for a Cause, Super Heroes United, Sith Dynasty

Other: I'm shy so I don't tend to talk much but I can babble about cars, nerdy stuff, and cosplay when the moment arises.

First Name: Harry
Profession? Student?: Railway Engineer
Favorite Hobby: playing video games now i cant get smashed on the weekends
Favorite part of Halo: the deep lore and forge mode (60% of my time halo was pissed away in forge)
Favorite Halo: 2 without a doubt
Favorite Video Game: assassins creed 2
Other Interests: Wasting my life away watching youtube and playing video games for hours on end and building computers
Favorite Food: enchiladas
Favorite Band: slipknot (prefer the earlier days but hey)
Favorite Movie(s): power rangers 1995 (what its a classic like a fine wine)
What do you hope to learn here?: how to build costumes ideas on a build and potentially meeting people at events
Have you built/made a costume before?: if u mean a bin bad cloak and a ghost mask yes otherwise no
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other: not too much lockdowns taken away most of my life lol but i guess im extremely nerdy and will just end up planning and browsing for hourse on end rather than actually building something so hopefully this is a kick up the shiny area.

Welcome all the new faces. If you need help navigating around feel free to ask or reach out to a RMO, regiment officer, or division folks. If you want to be in constant contact to the community we also have a discord. Here is the you wanna go: Click me!

Can’t wait to see what you all are doing!

First Name: James RIley
Profession? IT Student yes and i work?:
Favorite Hobby: viking reenactment
Favorite part of Halo: the armour
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: halo 3/spyro/mario 64
Other Interests: blacksmith woodworking leather working, hema, hiking
Favorite Food: all of it
Favorite Band: dubliners
Favorite Movie(s): star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make armour
Have you built/made a costume before?: mandalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: working on mado mercs
Other:

Attachments

• 135734508_334596507553810_6532176881810933674_n.jpg
    135734508_334596507553810_6532176881810933674_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 176
First Name: Landon
Profession? Student?:final year of middle school
Favorite Hobby:stop motion
Favorite part of Halo: the spartans
Favorite Halo:3 or reach
Favorite Video Game: halo
Other Interests: costuming and drawing
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Band:I don’t have one I listen to
Favorite Movie(s): all transformers except the age of extinction and last knight avengers and night at the museum
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make some better crafts friends
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes but more helmets than full costumes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:no I don’t
Other:

Its been a long time since I been on this forum, so I'm re-introducing myself
First Name: Alan lot of people call me LINK
Profession? Student?: my profession, prop fabricator for Florida's theme parks. worked for Disney as a imagineer for "the galaxy's edge". work for LEGOLAND building stage props for the ski show. work at universal studios creative built prototypes for Mario land and new parks/rides. did costume fabricator for universal
Favorite Hobby: working in my home shop
Favorite part of Halo: lots of stuff
Favorite Halo: halo 2
Favorite Video Game: anything mario
Other Interests: playing with my son
Favorite Food: chicken and rice
Favorite Band: it changes a lot
Favorite Movie(s): hackers
What do you hope to learn here?: meeting new people and learning from others
Have you built/made a costume before?: Maybe......a few
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: was on Overwatch costume group

Profession? Student?: my profession, prop fabricator for Florida's theme parks. worked for Disney as a imagineer for "the galaxy's edge". work for LEGOLAND building stage props for the ski show. work at universal studios creative built prototypes for Mario land and new parks/rides. did costume fabricator for universal
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: was on Overwatch costume group
That's amazing! As someone wanting to get into the prop making business, I'd love to hear some stories about your work sometime, if you're able to share them!

Wow. This is super impressive and I’ve been to universal and legoland. When I was younger! But it is great to have you here! Also if you want to get to know us more don’t forget we have a discord sever a lot of us hang out in.

Wow. This is super impressive and I’ve been to universal and legoland. When I was younger! But it is great to have you here! Also if you want to get to know us more don’t forget we have a discord sever a lot of us hang out in.
What’s the discord sever name or send me the invite

THE MOVIE (y) and welcome sounds like you can really make some great pieces would love to see your work

First Name: Andrew
Profession? Student?: I am a student
Favorite Hobby: Playing video games
Favorite part of Halo: Just the universe as a whole, particularly with the UNSC and humanity
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach and 3 are tied
Favorite Video Game: Red Dead Redemption 2
Other Interests: Hiking
Favorite Food: Either a nice steak or some killer pasta
Favorite Band: The Doors
Favorite Movie(s): The Departed comes to mind
What do you hope to learn here?: Advice on starting an ODST cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: nope

First Name: Matt
Profession? Student?: Handy man (i guess)
Favorite Hobby: Crafting
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Dark Souls
Other Interests: games, learning random things.
Favorite Food: Pierogi
Favorite Band: Not sure I have one
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR, Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to make more props and learn others techniques for making prop/costumes.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I know how to sew and work with fabric. i also know leather working and ive recently got into EVA foam crafting.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope
Other:

I see a lot of introductions here but I also see a lot of guests in the active users.

At the time this was posted there was 10 members and 92 guests.

I'm a big fan of participation. You can be here to view and if you care to lurk that's perfectly fine. But for all those lurking and waiting, let me tell you something. I can learn just as much from you as you can from me.

This is about the friendliest forum you'll come across, well moderated and kind to the core. If you're hesitant to jump in, do me a favor and pull an ODST. Feet first y'all. You're in good company here.

First Name: Nathanael (I go by all five nicknames, just spell my name correctly, please)
Profession? Student?: Retail as a Merchandising and Servicing Associate. I.E. I clean up other employee's mistakes.
Favorite Hobby: Doing anything with my hands, as long as I can put something together or take it apart, I'm happy.
Favorite part of Halo: It's the ease of accessibility. Having only older siblings, Halo was one of the only FPS games that I was capable of playing competently with my brothers. Its gameplay is simple yet expansive, lore there in many forms for those who wish to learn, and its community welcoming to most. It's a game I can turn on when my nieces and nephews come over and know when I play that the only advantage I have is experience, otherwise they are just as capable as winning if they want to try.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach for story and Halo 4 for gameplay, otherwise it's a tie.
Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2
Other Interests: Transformers, Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, art, a bit of writing, roleplay, voice acting, etc, etc.
Favorite Food: Why limit one's self to only one?
Favorite Band: My music taste is a mash, there is no one band.
Favorite Movie(s): That... would take me quite a while to decide. But let's go with treasure planet for now.
What do you hope to learn here?: I have years of just watching tutorials and builds from all sorts of crafters and makers, but I can always learn more techniques and tricks. Five threads in and I've already heard quite a bit about this stuff called 'shoe goo'...
Have you built/made a costume before?: Costume? Depends, does bolting cut scraps of wood to foam sheets in the vague shape of armor count? If so, yes, otherwise, no; but I plan to change that with the Reach Operator helmet I'm working on.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope. Congrats, you guys are my first. (Insert RvB Tucker reference)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back