Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Cory
Profession: R&D Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Basically anything. I jump hobbies a lot but typically always making something
Favorite part of Halo: Definitely the lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Half Life
Other Interests: Sports, Electronics, etc
Favorite Food: Tacos all day every day
Favorite Band: Liking Masked Wolf right now but typ alt rock
Favorite Movie(s): Deepwater Horizon, Blackhawk Down, *insert action movie here*
What do you hope to learn here?: More about the cosplay and prop building tips
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Another fellow halo 2 purveyor! Rejoice! I must say, black hawk down is an amazing war, i've seen it more times than I probably should have if i'm to be honest.

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name: Taylor
Profession: I work at Hot Topic
Favorite Hobby: Playing Guitar
Favorite part of Halo: Hightailing it through the out of bound mines on a Mongoose, in Sandtrap found within Halo 3
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Little Big Planet
Other Interests: Taking care of my dog
Favorite Food: Burgers / Sandwiches
Favorite Band: Wage War
Favorite Movie(s): Fred
What do you hope to learn here?: Everything I can about Halo Cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've made a Pyramid Head helmet from Silent Hill, along side the sword.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not as of right now.
Other:

You said you were a sucker for power armor, so does that mean you enjoy the fallout series as well? Fallout New Vegas lover right here.
I’m guessing you mean me lol. And absolutely. I love the Fallout series too. I really enjoyed 3. But I love the power armor mechanic in 4. I know that’s taboo to say now but I like that it’s treated as a vehicle. I’d love to make the different variations of the power armor

I’m guessing you mean me lol. And absolutely. I love the Fallout series too. I really enjoyed 3. But I love the power armor mechanic in 4. I know that’s taboo to say now but I like that it’s treated as a vehicle. I’d love to make the different variations of the power armor
MaxImpactGaming KingBadger13 Heya folks, glad to see people getting along! For this sort of discussion the 405th has DM's where you can freely message each other about off topic things. Alternatively there's the Discord server with a bunch of channels, including gaming. Thanks

First Name: Celene
Profession? Student?: Im a Cardiac Sonographer and I'm currently doing travel work so projects will be done in spurts of12 week intervals.
Favorite Hobby: Reading
Favorite part of Halo: Meeting people during online matches, Driving the warthog, Using the sniper rifle or gravity hammer as my choice weapons.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: Pokemon Crystal or Firered
Other Interests: I enjoy drawing (digital and traditional), crafting, learning new things in all feilds.
Favorite Food: Sushi, cheese, bread/carbs of any variety
Favorite Band: Stevie Nicks, Van Morrison, 3OH! 3, T-pain
Favorite Movie(s): Gorrest Gump, Interstellar, Lord of the rings triology
What do you hope to learn here?: costume build techniques.I Particularly want to learn how to bond and seal parts together.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, out of EVA foam and I never want to use that mesium for full body armour again!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None
Other: I love discussing end of build rendering and color palletes, and paintinf techniques for Armour.

Greetings one and all!.]
My names Chris, been building props for about 7 years despite time constraints from life and kids. I've made more things for others than I have for myself but I enjoy it. Love working with eva foam, it's a great medium and forgiving of stuff ups and I've made my fair share lol!".
Looking forward to the building journey ahead and seeing and sharing projects.

First Name: Celene
Profession? Student?: Im a Cardiac Sonographer and I'm currently doing travel work so projects will be done in spurts of12 week intervals.
Favorite Hobby: Reading
Favorite part of Halo: Meeting people during online matches, Driving the warthog, Using the sniper rifle or gravity hammer as my choice weapons.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: Pokemon Crystal or Firered
Other Interests: I enjoy drawing (digital and traditional), crafting, learning new things in all feilds.
Favorite Food: Sushi, cheese, bread/carbs of any variety
Favorite Band: Stevie Nicks, Van Morrison, 3OH! 3, T-pain
Favorite Movie(s): Gorrest Gump, Interstellar, Lord of the rings triology
What do you hope to learn here?: costume build techniques.I Particularly want to learn how to bond and seal parts together.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, out of EVA foam and I never want to use that mesium for full body armour again!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None
Other: I love discussing end of build rendering and color palletes, and paintinf techniques for Armour.
Welcome to the group! I hope you find what you’re looking for in this group and I’ll be keeping an eye out for your next build!

First Name: Mitch
Profession? Student?: Civil/environmental engineering student
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: Those late night multiplayer sessions with friends
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3
Other Interests: Movies, music, the gym
Favorite Food: Probably Thai food
Favorite Band: Depeche Mode
Favorite Movie(s): The Thing, Trainspotting, Children of Men
What do you hope to learn here?: How to improve my costume-making abilities
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, a clone trooper
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: The 501st Legion (Star Wars people)
Other: My dream costume has been a Halo 3 Master Chief since I was a teenager, I'm just getting around to making it now!

First Name: Mitch
Profession? Student?: Civil/environmental engineering student
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: Those late night multiplayer sessions with friends
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3
Other Interests: Movies, music, the gym
Favorite Food: Probably Thai food
Favorite Band: Depeche Mode
Favorite Movie(s): The Thing, Trainspotting, Children of Men
What do you hope to learn here?: How to improve my costume-making abilities
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, a clone trooper
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: The 501st Legion (Star Wars people)
Other: My dream costume has been a Halo 3 Master Chief since I was a teenager, I'm just getting around to making it now!
Welcome to the 405th Sierra720 i cant wait to see your process on building your suit of armor. we are hear if you need any help

First Name: Cassie
Profession? Student?: Technician & Student (Electrical Engineering)
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: Driving the Warthogs. When I play with people I always end up as DD. Apparently, I'm the only person that's figured out how to drive them adequately.
Favorite Halo: Halo ODST (reminds me of starcraft)
Favorite Video Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I've replayed it 15 times now.
Other Interests: Archery, weightlifting, photography, rock climbing, motorcycles, and anything animal-related (especially red pandas)!
Favorite Food: Korean fried chicken.
Favorite Band: Super Junior
Favorite Movie(s): Animated Mulan is my comfort movie, other than that I like things with explosions.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make this armor build that I decided to embark on. I have no idea what I'm doing. Help!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've done sewing, but never anything elaborate like what I'm trying to do now.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None, usually I'm a lurker.
Other: I am currently trying to build a cosplay for Franklin Donut. I found this site and am so thankful because I almost quit before I started.

Like Quote Reply

First Name: Cassie
Profession? Student?: Technician & Student (Electrical Engineering)
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: Driving the Warthogs. When I play with people I always end up as DD. Apparently, I'm the only person that's figured out how to drive them adequately.
Favorite Halo: Halo ODST (reminds me of starcraft)
Favorite Video Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I've replayed it 15 times now.
Other Interests: Archery, weightlifting, photography, rock climbing, motorcycles, and anything animal-related (especially red pandas)!
Favorite Food: Korean fried chicken.
Favorite Band: Super Junior
Favorite Movie(s): Animated Mulan is my comfort movie, other than that I like things with explosions.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make this armor build that I decided to embark on. I have no idea what I'm doing. Help!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've done sewing, but never anything elaborate like what I'm trying to do now.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None, usually I'm a lurker.
Other: I am currently trying to build a cosplay for Franklin Donut. I found this site and am so thankful because I almost quit before I started.

Like Quote Reply
Welcome to the 405th, we can't wait to see what you build. We are hear if you get stuck

First Name: Ron
Profession? Student?: Military/DoD
Favorite Hobby: Bengals Football
Favorite part of Halo: Reminds me of my childhood
Favorite Halo: Halo CE
Favorite Video Game: Halo CE
Other Interests: Football and Family
Favorite Food: Cincinnati Style Chili
Favorite Band: To many to name one
Favorite Movie(s): The Patriot / Braveheart
What do you hope to learn here?: Other peoples methods and meet fun people!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! I build a few Mandalorian sets. One has gained a bit of a cult following on Twitter, The Bengalorian
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not
Other: I am just excited to be here with fun like minded people!View attachment 325106View attachment 325106
Your armor looks great! Especially love the visor

First Name: Grace
Profession? Student?: aluminum welder
Favorite Hobby: video games and funkos
Favorite part of Halo: shooting the flood with a shot gun and watching them explode
Favorite Halo: halo ce for campaign, reach for multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim right now
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Band: anything and everything, even bluegrass and opera
Favorite Movie(s): little mermaid
What do you hope to learn here?: how to build a spartan suit in time for the next galaxy con in Columbus
Have you built/made a costume before?: no
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other:

First Name: Grace
Profession? Student?: aluminum welder
Favorite Hobby: video games and funkos
Favorite part of Halo: shooting the flood with a shot gun and watching them explode
Favorite Halo: halo ce for campaign, reach for multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim right now
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Band: anything and everything, even bluegrass and opera
Favorite Movie(s): little mermaid
What do you hope to learn here?: how to build a spartan suit in time for the next galaxy con in Columbus
Have you built/made a costume before?: no
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other:
Welcome to the 405th, we here if you need us.

First Name:dante
Profession? Student?:High Schooler
Favorite Hobby:drawing
Favorite part of Halo:the lore
Favorite Halo:halo reach
Favorite Video Game:halo 3
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:dragon force
Favorite Movie(s):the others
What do you hope to learn here?:build things
Have you built/made a costume before?:no
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:no to
Other:

New Greenhorn reporting in.

First Name: Rick
Profession: Character designer and illustrator
Favorite Hobby: Toy collecting
Favorite part of Halo: The nobility and sacrifice of Spartans.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Red Death Redemption (you just can’t beat its narrative quality)
Other Interests: Cosplay for charity, living to see another day.
Favorite Food: Japanese
Favorite Band: Queen, Journey, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Eagles, Credence…
Favorite Movie(s): way too many to mention but Blade Runner, The Thing, Alien, Terminator 1 and 2, an American werewolf in London, Escape from NY, Conan, Dark City…
What do you hope to learn here?: How to create my own Spartan II armor.
Have you built/made a costume before?: never entirely. Just small parts and paint.
Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Yes
If so, which one(s)?: The 501st Legion and the Ghostbusters (Costa Rica office)
Other: I hope I can join the ranks of the 405th and represent it accordingly and with pride.

P.S.

I’m kinda scared I haven’t really understood the scope of the work ahead of me… I’m going for something in the Spartan II “noble 5” Jorge 052 type.

Cheers everyone!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back