Introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartecusNL

Hello everyone :D

So lets do some introducing!
My name is Spartecus and I am form the Netherlands (Thats where NL stands for)

The last couple of months I got in to making props form video games.
First off I made 4 Perk-a-Cola bottles form call of duty zombies.
Perkacola.jpg

Then I found this man on youtube named Bill Doran.
He makes tutorial videos on how to make props.

So he also had tutorial videos on 2 destiny props.
And since love destiny made them both!

Destiny Huner Knife:

11910608_957839520928410_1373223760_n.jpg

And the destiny revolver:

11910645_957838690928493_1587012223_n.jpg

And now I want to start a new project!
A halo armour.
On the moment I have no idea where to start or what to do :p
So if you guys have any suggestions on where to start that would be nice :D

Hey fellow Dutchy! (well I moved to the other side of the world but.....)

Looking nice! Love the cola bottles:)

As for advice on the suit, read read, and then read some more. Plenty of good build threads on this site to get you through some basics. Plenty of Youtube vids as well, just search for HALO or 405..

The biggest question as always, well as far as I can tell, is whether to go for fiberglass resin or foam. Way I see it is fiberglass takes more time and effort, foam seems easier, but the trade off is strength and durability. In the end though, its what you feel most comfortable with I guess.

I went down the pepakura/resin track but using products called aqua resin and aqua cote. More expensive but you can use it indoors. I haven't used foam (yet) but have been very amazed by some of the work done and so far the suits I've been able to admire up close here in Sydney have been foam suits.

Veel succes!

Welcome! we are always willing to help others out if you cant find the info you are looking for in the forums. as for suits, ive made one with pepakura and 2 with foam.... go foam! it is way more forgiving and you can realty etch in the details with a wood carving knife. now my pep suit only held up for 5 cons but it needs dire repair now and I will get to that some day lol. the only problem I have had out of my foam suits is that if they aren't sealed properly your paint job will wear off quickly. but if treated right a foam suit will last you a long time and if it gets damaged badly enough, it is easy to repair. but it your call. hope to see your progress soon

Hey fellow Dutchy! (well I moved to the other side of the world but.....)

Looking nice! Love the cola bottles:)

As for advice on the suit, read read, and then read some more. Plenty of good build threads on this site to get you through some basics. Plenty of Youtube vids as well, just search for HALO or 405..

The biggest question as always, well as far as I can tell, is whether to go for fiberglass resin or foam. Way I see it is fiberglass takes more time and effort, foam seems easier, but the trade off is strength and durability. In the end though, its what you feel most comfortable with I guess.

I went down the pepakura/resin track but using products called aqua resin and aqua cote. More expensive but you can use it indoors. I haven't used foam (yet) but have been very amazed by some of the work done and so far the suits I've been able to admire up close here in Sydney have been foam suits.

Veel succes!

Well I know how foam works so I think il go with foam!
And yes there is so much to read here and so many awsome things!
I dont know where to start! Xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back