ipod touch or zune

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say the Zune. First off the ipod's touch screen is an overrated gimmick. When you're watching a video, do you really want to see your fingerprints all over the place (or have to clean the screen everytime you want to watch something)? Zune's got WiFi and radio (take that Apple), and the second-gen Zune is pretty much on par with the normal ipod now.

If you want more stuff on either one, you can always download Linux for it.

MasterGun said:
get a zune but if u have the extra cash i say get a iphone

I got an Ipod touch for Christmas, but I was going to buy a Zune before. I have played with both and there is no way I would get a Zune now. The internet rocks, and the interface is simple and fast. I also like the fact it is more compact then the Zune and a bigger screen then the Zune2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say get the Touch, I got one a couple of days ago and it's awesome!! (to be fair I've never used or even seen a Zune) There are so many cool things you can do with the Touch, like being able to use the net and Webapps (ihalostats.com is pretty cool for viewing service records :D)

Belakor said:
I say get the Touch, I got one a couple of days ago and it's awesome!! (to be fair I've never used or even seen a Zune) There are so many cool things you can do with the Touch, like being able to use the net and Webapps (ihalostats.com is pretty cool for viewing service records :D)
go to google images and search zune you sshould find it

Garland said:
I say the Zune. First off the ipod's touch screen is an overrated gimmick. When you're watching a video, do you really want to see your fingerprints all over the place (or have to clean the screen everytime you want to watch something)? Zune's got WiFi and radio (take that Apple), and the second-gen Zune is pretty much on par with the normal ipod now.

If you want more stuff on either one, you can always download Linux for it.
Lets remember this wifi is for song sharing which has a 3 day/3 play limit.

Fragclone said:
go to google images and search zune you sshould find it

Sorry, by "seen" I meant I hadn't seen one in person (I don't think they've released it here)

id go with the itouch, i know at least 4 ppl with them. they all say they are great and ive also heard that if you got a microphone attatchment, that you could call ppls phones over the internet for free. plus all that music videos,web browsing and games! i kinda wish i had one

Yea, there is a free phone program where you can use your username from a some other service, you just type in your username and password and you can get like 30 minutes free for land line phones, and infinite from internet to internet calling.

Works very well.

The only thing that is bad with the ipod touch is you can't play internet games, I mean I'm not deprived of video games but it's fun to play games once in a while. :)

Dude forget the ipod touch try this dude Nokia N810 it's the SH*T little pricy but worth it alot of stuff on it, it's a "Tom Tom",MP3, and much more in 1 buuuuuuuuut if you can't afford it I just reccomend the Zune I have that too and its awesome.

Dedrick said:
Dude forget the ipod touch try this dude Nokia N810 it's the SH*T little pricy but worth it alot of stuff on it, it's a "Tom Tom",MP3, and much more in 1 buuuuuuuuut if you can't afford it I just reccomend the Zune I have that too and its awesome.
That looks awsome but it's too expensive for me because I'm put my money into my armor molds but thanks for letting me know.

I am just saving up all my money for my projects. I was gonna get a Zune but then I started to do molding/sculpting. And there was already a thread like this that I made a couple months back.

kerotan 36 said:
I am just saving up all my money for my projects. I was gonna get a Zune but then I started to do molding/sculpting. And there was already a thread like this that I made a couple months back.
I'm getting the ipod touch or zune for a late xmas gift so I can't save the money but I think I want to return it when I get it for money for my armor.

I'd rather take a ipod touch than a suit of armor unless it is adam;s suit :p

The ipod touch I would use everyday, but a suit of armor, you use it a few times in a year.

Zune 80...cuz of the bigass screen and the higher res video output. What can I say, I use it to watch movies and anime. As for the internet...I like to live my life the way it was in the good ol days, back when people didn't have to check their e-mail or surf the web every where they went. Maybe I'm just old fashioned that way :lol:

ZUNE: 3 Inch QVGA LCD screen, with a resolution of 320×240

IPOD: 3 Inch LCD with a resolution of 480×320

Ipod touch has better resolution.

pacbury said:
zune! you can use the Microsoft points like on xbox and its realy humiliating when someone goes "wow an iphone!" and then you have to go "no its not its just an ipod touch)

Get a zune it's upgradable and the ipod touch is way too overpriced because it's using flash memory.
If you want to get the ipod touch dont get it but get the iphone instead it's only a 100$ more expensive.
-Fin(n)ish

AoBfrost said:
ZUNE: 3 Inch QVGA LCD screen, with a resolution of 320×240

IPOD: 3 Inch LCD with a resolution of 480×320

Ipod touch has better resolution.

Actually, I was talking about output, as in tv output. But apparently both can output up to 640 x 480 so I guess it's either one for that aspect. But like you said, if you want the higher resolution of the actual display, the I-pod has this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back