Iron Man Faceplate Hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a little demo of how I was going to hinge my plate. It shouldn't bind and only requires 70 degrees of rotation for full movement. There are alot of different ways to do it, I just thought I would share mine.

8zpmih.jpg

25g5agy.jpg

21jywl2.jpg

149p9g9.jpg

Here's a video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfzOMp5ePEI[/media]

The lever was just for me to move it with my finger. I was going to just spin the pin, but my hand got in the way of the camera. The hinge is all I was trying to show. You can choose your own means of actuating it like solenoids, servos, springs, cables, etc.

zabana-- I saw yours before. It looked fine in the videos but looked like it would bind from the design images. My main thing was for it not to bind up.

Thanks everybody.

Great layout! I had something similar that I put into my war machine helmet. Made mine out of stiff cardboard. I've since designed a rail system on the top of my helmet and use only one arm to pull the faceplate open and closed.

juice I know your busy, but with the help of who ever is working on the new war machine helmet do you think we can add this to the war machine helmet too please ?

Very nice.

Simple and effective, the dual connection points would remove a lot of "slop" from the lift.

Could easily do a servo hook-up, I've seen the circuit designs already done on here, but not much talk about the actual servo types being used (or considered).

Might I throw this type out as a possible? I like the low profile for fitting into tight areas.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAYM2&P=0

unheared said:
juice I know your busy, but with the help of who ever is working on the new war machine helmet do you think we can add this to the war machine helmet too please ?

I've got a setup like this on one of my test war machine helmets. I'll take some pics when I get home from work and post them when I get a chance. I'm currently working on a slider type hinge for the top of the helmet. The faceplate attaches to the two tracks running on the top of the helmet with two hinges at the bottom for stability.

Juice once again great work on this!

Last edited by a moderator:
JAM Designs said:
I've got a setup like this on one of my test war machine helmets. I'll take some pics when I get home from work and post them when I get a chance. I'm currently working on a slider type hinge for the top of the helmet. The faceplate attaches to the two tracks running on the top of the helmet with two hinges at the bottom for stability.

Juice once again great work on this!

thank you mate

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be nice to see one installed on a Iron Man helmet, hurry up already :p

When I got home I compared Juices set up to my war machine helmet set up. As far as the war machine hinge goes, its the same exact set up but a little modified. Since the "ears" on the faceplate are shorter then Iron Man's the top "boomerang" has to be moved closer to the edge and made more elongated.

WMhingesystem.jpg

I did away with the bottom hinge and am developing a rail sliding system that slides along the top of the helmet. The rail comes out a quarter to half an inch past the edge of the rail on the top of the helmet. This way the faceplate slides into it and keeps constant close contact to the top of the helmet. Hope this helps for those wanting to do a war machine hinge system.

For those interested in the war Machine hinge set up here's mine so far.

DSCN1442.jpg

DSCN1444.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg

This is on one for my test helmets. I decided to not go with the lower hinge and instead add a track long the top where the faceplate attaches.

Hope this helps, I'm sure this could be added to an Iron Man helmet as well.

cheers,

-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back