Iron Man Files High And Medium Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be pointless to release these? These thumbnails seem to be completely unfolded and ready. and he clearly has figured it most of it out considering the beauty he has sitting on his mannequin..

just confused by what you meant. I totally understand the "everyone contributing" part though.

Perceptor said:
Sorry mate, I forgot to add the link

Medium Detail cod piece

Don't mean to complain, and I apologize if I'm incorrect, but aren't the faces on this Pep inverted?

It more than likely has no bearing on the outcome, but I think the line numbers will end up being on the inside which might hinder construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonny said:
Don't mean to complain, and I apologize if I'm incorrect, but aren't the faces on this Pep inverted?

It more than likely has no bearing on the outcome, but I think the line numbers will end up being on the inside which might hinder construction.

Darn it. You are totally right. Do you know what this means!? I have just finished the legs the exact same way! I have to start again!! :(

I don't know if you can reverse it now it's unfolded, but when your importing the model it asks you a bunch of questions and one of them is whether you want to invert the faces.

Maybe a Pep expert could shed some light on a function which could.

EDIT: I found the option, but you have to undo the folding before you can select it.

[attachment=14745:pepakura-FlipFaces.jpg]

Jonny said:
I don't know if you can reverse it now it's unfolded, but when your importing the model it asks you a bunch of questions and one of them is whether you want to invert the faces.

Maybe a Pep expert could shed some light on a function which could.

EDIT: I found the option, but you have to undo the folding before you can select it.

[attachment=14745:pepakura-FlipFaces.jpg]

If you invert faces when you import a model, you will be inverting the ones that were correctly faced to start. The problem is with the normals on geometry. When you look at the mesh in a 3D application you see blotchy areas, these are smoothing errors due to reversed normals. When brought into Pepakura, the program reads them as inverted faces..... which in reality they are.

The problem has to be fixed on the mesh. Now there might be a way to select those faces and invert them within pepakura, but I do not know if that is the case.

The model is great, and in areas; the most detailed we have but upon review I would say its hardly HD, the helmet I have done has about 2x the number of poly's and looks less smooth because I did not apply any smoothing to the normals. This model was built to animate and render, not to build.

unheared said:
i know the legs on this topic had problems.

but can we still use the other files ?

are they all ok ?

I'm not sure if anyone has unfolded Clarx legs yet. There were a couple surfaces that were reversed which would screw up Pepakura. Other than that there's not much to use in terms of legs. Mostly only the upper body has been completed.

Update:

So I quickly went in and made the leg a little more Pepakura friendly. I reversed a couple normals and messed around with the top of the thigh a little. You should be able to at least unfold it now and attempt a build. Again, no one to my knowledge has used Clarx's files for a build yet so no guarantee it will fit. Good luck.

http://www.4shared.com/file/213075169/acebcba2/Iron_man_legL_by_Clarx.html

Also please note that I only started using Blender this past week. If something doesn't work out or looks super funky it was probably my fault. I'm still learning so go easy.

Wow... Very nice upload. I'm printing it right now... I might post an update on my WIP thread within the next two days or so.

Thanks for the unfold!

---Stonewall

Is it just me but this leg doesn't look wearable. My shins are straight not curved like these legs are, I doubt anyone could wear these.

Jonny said:
Is it just me but this leg doesn't look wearable. My shins are straight not curved like these legs are, I doubt anyone could wear these.

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing.

Rebostar said:
[attachment=14560:leg1.jpg][attachment=14561:leg2.jpg][attachment=14562:leg3.jpg]

I made the low-def calf and had no problem with fitting, I can't see other def's being much different.

Rebostar said:
I made the low-def calf and had no problem with fitting, I can't see other def's being much different.

Those are from the original HD model, the one's they are saying are unwearable are Clarx's own legs. Two different models.

Oooooh, I thought they were on about, well you you know what I thought.

I get easily confused at my age. :unsure

Jonny said:

Well for what its worth Ive started to cut and fold it myself, so hopefully will have some photos of the build as I go for you guys to look at. Another thing to bear in mind is that none of the tabs are labelled with numbers to indicate how they go together.

With that said though, from what Ive seen on my screen it looks promising. It's a great unfold, especially for a first attempt, and is a lot better than any of my efforts thats for sure. :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back