Iron Man Files High And Medium Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy awesomeness Batman!

First off, sorry to hear about your troubles carnage. Hope everything is working out for you.

Clarx...what can I say? The files you posted are insanely awesome. Wish I could do more than just say thank you over and over again but I chose engineering for my schooling.

Perhaps down the line I'll finish my mask mechanics and get to share that with everyone...but that's another story.

Seeing everyone come together like this brings a tear to my eye. I usually don't see this kind of camaraderie on other prop boards so again, thank you very much.

Looking forward to the results all of this brings in the near future!

Cole,

i will check them out in my free time though you got to watch out with releasing files im sure there will be plenty others to steal your work

Spartan 051 said:
watch out with releasing files im sure there will be plenty others to steal your work

This is undoubtedly true, but my files are pretty unique with some of the details as compared to other meshes out there. plus enough people know about them to spot someone whose trying to rob credit. Likewise once they get merged with the HD model, they wont really be mine anymore :) and I hope when that happens, they will share what they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a waste of time and effort Carnage. Now between this and along with DF's, Clarx's and the others I am sure a great suit can be put together. I intend to try anyway.:)

Thank you for all the effort you have put into this, I for one appreciate it.

Rebostar said:
It's not a waste of time and effort Carnage. Now between this and along with DF's, Clarx's and the others I am sure a great suit can be put together. I intend to try anyway. :)

Thank you for all the effort you have put into this, I for one appreciate it.

Rebostar is right Carnage you have done a great job and made the site work as one team :)

yeah carnage these files have great potential! I'm still using them I'm just modifying them to fit me better

I have to say, the Iron Man pep stuff has been more exciting and brought more progress in the last 2 weeks than the last 3 months i've been following this. I just want to give Kudos to Clarx for finally releasing his files, i've been anxiously awaiting those for a while now! And to Carnage for the excellent work he's done getting the HD stuff ready. This forum has really come together for this Iron Man stuff and its quite impressive.

I am proud to be a (really small) part of the 405th :)

Ian

Yeah carnage, this is totally awesome. Where else on the web can I get a paper build it yourself iron man suit? Sure it may not be what you originally invisioned but you put an incredible amount of work into these and I'm sure everyone (especially me) is grateful for your work and effort. N0ws 1 g0Ts Ir0N MAns Su1Ts c00L lol.

Hi guys,

I am curious if you would suggest this armor for someone that is not in the best of shape, or in other words, i do have a little bit of a gut.

I have been reading threads for the past two weeks, and have been through this forum, www.thedentedhelmet.com, sectionsixteen, and a few others.

If you would not suggest this build, can you suggest one?

Hey guys, Thanks for making these files available, and thanks for all the hard work you have done on them.

I got board today as my children fought endlessly today... I hate rainy days, 'cause I'm sure someone would report me if I told them to take the screaming and running around out side!

So DL'd the files and started playing with them. I couldn't open the Maya files but OBJs worked. My Maya is 2008. SO I thought it would be cool to pull the plates of the file and leave just the under structure.

So here is some of the sub-structures of the chest piece.

Iron Man Chest Sub-Structure.pdo

My next attempt is to remove the plates intact, but separated.

I hope you all like it,

chwbcc

Hi guys thanks for all your kind words.Well as long as we are all under the understanding that these files are not perfect I'll continue to work on the files.I have to go to work now but as soon as I get home I'll modify my 1st post and put up the HD chest with all the parts seperated and named.I just have to correct some of the meshes I missed that still has to many faces. Should only take a cpl of hours to do once I get home again.I'm going to start building this suit myself soon.I am wondering what would be a good starting point to make the chest piece as in measurements as I'm 5ft 8

Chwbcc, All the plates are separated already...infact I've already removed all the unneeded faces.As for the understructure its already been seperated.

Ok peeps I'm home from work and I've uploaded the file I meant to upload.I think I got all the honeycomb plating to a floating face now ...if I missed any bits I'm sorry You try to flatten a honey comb effect lolI also was able to merge a few more open edges to make for an easier build.All parts are named in the 3d object list so you can now just select what you want to look at.When it comes to unfolding ...simply go to the object list. Delete what you dont want to see and then "SAVE AS" name the file to what ever you want.This will then give you a separate file and you will still have the master.It will take a while for pepakura to load this file I've tried to make it as small as I can but its still pretty large.Your peparkura will probably get to about 99% then appear to freeze....DON'T PANIC...just leave it ..dont click on it...just wait. after a few moments it will spring back into life.

High_Detail_Chest

Can someone please add some support struts to the parts please1st page will also be edited with the new file

Hey Carnage, I hope you don't mind the pics?

Despite neglecting a assignment due tonight at midnight...lol I was wondering how well some aspects of my mesh would intigrate into the HD mesh at the problem areas. I took a few screen shots and just know, there is NO geometry woork here its all just how it fits.

4304660328_11bcc29b69_o.png

4304660320_0fddbb1f9d_o.png

4304660318_6d1b57b093_o.png

4304660306_c6940f924e_o.png

4304660310_c262e54cb2_o.png

there is a slight gap above the abb plate, but that is easily fixed. How well these two matched up is very promising as far as getting a HD suit that can be scaled peped and worn.

Ok, I'm probably being REALLY stupid and I don't intend to criticize ANYONE's awesome work, but the med-def ab plate seems a bit off to me. It seems quite flat compared to this:

[attachment=14729:iron man abs.JPG]

My question is: Am I just looking at this the wrong way or was this intended?

I plan to make this part out of some kind of foam while using the pep as a reference.

Again, I don't intend to insult or criticize anyone. I just need a little clarification.

Stonewall

Clarx feel free to add what ever you feel is relevant to this thread.

It's wierd because I was just doing the exact same thing you did in your pics ..seeiing if it was possible or not.

Stonewall you are correct mate ...soneone was suppose to be working on the files to correct all errors ...but they backed out so I'm sorry to say unless someone else steps up this is the best we have at the moment.

Just a quick thought... With everyone working so hard and unfolding everything (great job so far guys), Wouldn't it just be easier to ask Starx for the files since we are all working on the same model? I know he's put months into that model getting it pepable but he did say that he would release the files when he's done. So why not now? :)

Just thought i'd share my random thought of the day with you all.

good idea, bad idea?

Ian

dubean33 said:
Just a quick thought... With everyone working so hard and unfolding everything (great job so far guys), Wouldn't it just be easier to ask Starx for the files since we are all working on the same model? I know he's put months into that model getting it pepable but he did say that he would release the files when he's done. So why not now? :)

Just thought i'd share my random thought of the day with you all.

good idea, bad idea?

Ian

The files have serious issues and would be pointless to release those.

Its better what carnage and the rest are doing by reworking all the files from the ground up

Trust me they will be more peppable in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back