Iron Man Heavy Artillery Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Tony Starks said:
Hello everybody I have been really busy this week. I got a lot of updates. First ill start of with the toe guard.

Ok the toe guard that I have been posting up was just a prototype. Here is the finish product.
[attachment=9171:Copy_of_100_9629.jpg]

Good gawd, man! That is looking absolutely fantastic! You're doing an amazing job with these cardboard builds. Very impressive, dude. I can't wait to see everything together. Bravo! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, with all this amazing armor, you're not going to start binge drinking and using women like the actual Tony Stark, are you?

Cause that would be kinda cool...................

Lord of Midgard said:
I think it's a scratch build

Although some of the details are scratch he is using a combination of camillo's files and my own to make the suit. the calf is a modified camillo file, the foot is a stock camillo file, the arms are camillos file, the shoulders are scratch the chest is camillo with modification for the back plat and neck, the helmet is my file. All files can be found by request, However the skills needed to modify them to make such an outstanding suit come only with time.
elitetalk.gif
Good work sir keep it up.

BenStreeper said:
Although some of the details are scratch he is using a combination of camillo's files and my own to make the suit. the calf is a modified camillo file, the foot is a stock camillo file, the arms are camillos file, the shoulders are scratch the chest is camillo with modification for the back plat and neck, the helmet is my file. All files can be found by request, However the skills needed to modify them to make such an outstanding suit come only with time.
elitetalk.gif

You said it, buddy! Only a lot of blood, sweat and tears (and time spent in the hobby) can result in a build like this. Possibly more blood than anything else, if you're not careful with the blade when cutting out all the Pep/cardboard pieces :p lol

BenStreeper said:
elitetalk.gif

You got alot of it right. You got a really good eye. but the foot was all me. Thank you for the comment. All this work started with just wanting to make your helmet. So I guess I should be thanking you.

Black Tony Starks said:
You got alot of it right. You got a really good eye. but the foot was all me. Thank you for the comment. All this work started with just wanting to make your helmet. So I guess I should be thanking you.

wow I could have saved you alot of time then by just using this pep file
cammillofoot.jpg

again this build is still amazing regardless of where the material came from, the real skill is in the talent behind making it real.
Are you using foam board to put this together, and if so how does it hold up to the resin and bondo?? I have been wondering for a while if that would work or if the resin would eat away at the foamcore...

BenStreeper said:
wow I could have saved you alot of time then by just using this pep file
cammillofoot.jpg

again this build is still amazing regardless of where the material came from, the real skill is in the talent behind making it real.
Are you using foam board to put this together, and if so how does it hold up to the resin and bondo?? I have been wondering for a while if that would work or if the resin would eat away at the foamcore...

LoL that really do look like the foot I made. The Foam board works really good with bondo and fiberglass. But yes it do eat away the foam core. I tape the ends so resin cant get in it. It takes time. But at the end the foam board works way better then cardboard and card stock paper. Because its stronger.

Black Tony Starks said:
LoL that really do look like the foot I made. The Foam board works really good with bondo and fiberglass. But yes it do eat away the foam core. I tape the ends so resin cant get in it. It takes time. But at the end the foam board works way better then cardboard and card stock paper. Because its stronger.

yeah I've been printing out and transfering over to Matt board, but after cutting it out for about an hour your hand feels like death warmed over. Just couldn't get up the nerve to try the foam, but tape sounds like a good answer to the resin problem. Thanks sir.

holy flying mushrooms this is sweet, Im not sure anyone could have done it better without hundreds of artists, a special effect crew, and millions of dollars... oh wait, thats hollywood, so yea, youre the best, period. i have got to show this to my friend, hes a major iron man fanatic.

Ok everyone I got both legs done. Its a nice warm sunny day to day. Im about to go out side and resin. But before I do. Here are the pix of both legs together.

[attachment=9436:101_9705.jpg]

Coming together really nicely, Im very jealous and cant wait to see it finished and totally assembled, Keep it up!
are these from pep files or something cause if they are these look fantastic... any chance of you posting them? Id love to see those on the web...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back