Iron Man Mark VII Foam Costume Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth

I'm building the Iron Man Mark VII Suit from The Avengers.
I need this for an upcoming Convention in March.

Thanks goes to Darkside501st for the files. I know he's making new files but I am
going to use his original ones. I don't mind adding any details myself.

I also want to thank quovadis0920 for helping me with the planning of this a long time ago. I just never got around to building it before.

And mizuno hadouken's Mark VII suit which inspired me to build one and him always being open to chat about Iron Man Building with me on FB.

Here's the progress so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for the day's work:
Completed the Abs/Spine freehand (as they were easier to scale to my body that way)

Also built a neck piece with the spine attached to the back.
Hope you like the progress so far.

Still going strong.
Finished one of the arms

The cap on the forearm looks kinda of wonky in the pic. I removed it as I want to motorize it similar to minzuno haduken has on his suit. So, it's just resting on there. Not attached.
mark7arm_zps39e36076.jpg

Thank you very much :)

Here's an update for the day with a suit up of the current parts made.
Now on to the Thighs.

I love this build.
Let me know what you think so far.

The suit looks great so far! The more and more I see these awesome foam builds, the more and mores it seems to be the way to go for costume armor, especially with it's ease of use, and the amount of detail you can capture! Looking forward to seeing this completed!

Looking sweet dude, I'm building mine out of pepakura and 3d printed parts :D
Just bought a 3d printer should be here soon but as soon as its here I'm gonna print as much as I can haha :D

Great progress so far! After I watched avengers, I wanted to build ironman armor so bad! Awesome job so far, can't wait to see more!

Thanks guys. I was starting to build the thighs but the front section isn't doing it for me from the template.
I will have to make that free hand. I want to motorize them as those are missile pods as well.
I want to have an update before bed tonight.

(let's hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back