Iron Man Peps.... Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kissker

OK so I have been looking for a good Iron Man helmet Pep so I can build my buddy a helmet for his b-day present, only problem is the ones I find tend to have a "squished sides" look.

Here is a good Replicated Sculpt of Iron Man

IronMan+Helmet+montage.jpg

Found on the net.

If you compare that to a few ref shots of Iron Man (from the movies) or to the Pep files we have... you see what I mean, the ears/cheek area on the Pep seem to be too slender.

I want to know who has gotten some good results using what Pep files... I have about 4 different Iron Man Peps I am a looking at, but honestly none of them look quite right.

*Edit*

I added a screen shot of the 2 "better" looking peps, but still they seem tall and slender and not wide enough.

Of these, I think the coloured one looks a bit better.

hmm.png

Heheh, that first picture is an official sculpt by a member of Stan Winston studios.

And that squished look is merely a distortion because of how much you're zoomed in on them. If you back away from them in Pep Designer the sides will look thicker.

If you're feeling brave, I put out a hi-def pep file with my bud the other day.

4646479730_9447e9b2c4_m.jpg

4646479812_73de83fed2_m.jpg

4646479868_d3de2cfdf0_m.jpg

4645864771_75ef0bfa1a_m.jpg

It can be downloaded HERE

zooming out has no real effect for me, even to the size of a quarter on a 20+ inch screen.

As for your Hi def.. I got 10 days. I can do it. Lol.

But is it in pieces or solid helmet? (the last photo shows the visor opening like in the movie) seperate pieces tend to warp and have all kinds of problems when ressing is all the reason I ask.

The forums have changed from my months of absense and I can't really find anything anymore however.. so.. a email or something of where to find your HI-def would be great (if it's on 405th) or a link from you if it hasn't been made public yet or something... I feel like I am 40 trying to learn the interwebz

Kissker said:
zooming out has no real effect for me, even to the size of a quarter on a 20+ inch screen.

As for your Hi def.. I got 10 days. I can do it. Lol.

But is it in pieces or solid helmet? (the last photo shows the visor opening like in the movie) seperate pieces tend to warp and have all kinds of problems when ressing is all the reason I ask.

Yes, they are 3 separate pieces, crown, jaw, faceplate. However, they have pieces inside that you clip together while it's in paper form. Once you resin the helmet, you can take the pieces apart. If want, all you have to do is glue them together and it's 1 piece. Take note, though, NONE of these accurate helmets can fit on your head as 1 piece. Accuracy means the opening of the helmet is too small to put your head through.

Last edited by a moderator:
part of the distortion in pep may also be due to view settings. Try going to

Settings > Display Settings of 3D Model Window > Viewing Angle

adjusting that can make a big difference.

those HD ones have almost won me over as long as you check your messages.

The dual support struts inside will come in handy - i did a quick build of a 3 part one earlier and noticed the faceplate tends to be pretty ridged and all that but the "frame" helmet tends to warp at the temples- those struts should prevent that.

*Edit*

Whew boy, 1800+ tabs I think.. Good golly those are some small parts!

This may be a bit more time consuming.. but we shall see... it is MK VI afterall and pretty hardcore. Great job unfolding and detail work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back