Iron Woman :) designing a custom iron woman build for the other half for halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm very sorry for not getting back to everyone sooner, I fell off the planet for a while :D I believe I've sent the files to all who have requested them, either by tread or private message, if not feel free to email me at pendred.andrew@gmail.com and I'll be sure to get them to you asap, I'll also try to fix the 4share files linked in this tread too.

I still haven't got back to the build but may do so this year. In any case if anyone does build this please post up photos on this tread as I'd love to see it finished. At present I have the chest, back, cod, wrist and hair spacer files. I never made boots but might get to this soon. As far as hands helmet and shoulders the Iron man pep files are better than I could do and just need to be scalled down a wee bit :D

HI All, I've fixed the 4share links on this tread so if anyone asked for files and didn't get them the links are working again :)

Old post I know, here's another congrats! I know there are some models of Iron Woman on the RPF (dunno where) but yours are definitly amazing! If I may, the only suggestion I'd make is design a new helmet for iron woman, being their heads shouldn't look the same because of male/female difference.

-Seth

Not sure if anybody wants it but a while back I built a rescue model. If anyone wants to try unfolding it and working it let me know.

Rescue-WIP-61.jpg

Awesome job! The pep work was as crisp as Santana champagne! (5 points for anyone who gets the reference lol)

Mind if i ask how you kept the helmet so straight during resin?

-Drew

The OP hasn't been on in almost three months, you may not get a reply!

Who knows, maybe he'll come back sometime.

One answer to drew is that you can use support inside the helmet, 110lbs cardstock (if not already), a very careful build while putting the pep together, and also not slopping a ton of resin on all at once. Also, you can put wax paper inside and then something like a styling dummy inside to hold its shape better.

There are lots of options, all of which work differently for different people. Hope one of those can give you some help!

I'd double check those proportions before unfolding - arms look way too long and hands are huge at a first glance, plus the legs are very very short. But you have a lot of perspective distortion going on so it's hard to tell how far it's off.

Can you show the human base mesh you've built it upon, from an ortho view?

As soon as I can Ill drop it in. It wasn't meant to be unfolded. Originally it was just a cg art project. I rendered it in Marmoset so there is a lot of distortion going on.

Hi all, I just received a very inspiring mail by 7sinzz who I would like to thank for getting me motivated to finish this project. My missus is back for good as of last week so I can build the boots and heels to scale with the rest of the model. I will start next week and with the Christmas break coming up I reckon I'll have them done before the new year.

Also I see a few requests for a new helmet, as soon as I have the boots done I'll build this too. I will post up images and pep files as I do them. Also seen as this is not exact to rescues armor and a little more revealing, I will build some sort of thigh container similar to a gun holster so if people do build it they will have somewhere to put stuff

P.S. thanks for the reference "infantryman" :)

there actually is a female ironmaan. its pepper potts who has her own armor named RESCUE. pretty awesome what your doing so far.

Ok I've done up a quick guide on the Rescue helmet from the Iron man blueprints I found online. This is my interpretation and not an exact replace as I want it to resemble the Iron man build as much as possible, I'll get building it in 3D over Christmas and hope to have a Pep file for you all asap.

Top Pick: Original Iron man, Bottom Pick: Rescue

blueprintw.jpg

Here is a quick shetch of the boots, will try to keep them a little more curvy than the iron man ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back