Ironman Mark 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For more good reference go check out the Iron Man 2 movie site. They have a thing where you can look around the suit but it's not orthographic views. Still good close ups. Might wanna screen save to get those. Great pic of the missiles coming outta his arm.

so after finding an alternative seller on ebay for my hot toys war machine(i've used him before to buy a hot toys dark knight joker) i cancelled my sideshow order.....

so i'm now guaranteed a mkIV iron man and war machine....yay....

i'll be starting work on the mk IV/VI model sometime next week as my back should be okay by then....is it alright if I post it here and semi hijack your thread?

robo3687 said:
well if you guys are prepared to wait a little bit I'm planning on doing the model

should be able to do Mk IV and VI as they are essentially the same suit with a different chest and paint scheme (VI has a lot more gold and some silver)

it'll be a HD build with as few skinny's (as i call them...you know the little tiny tiny skinny pieces that are a pain in the ass to pep) as possible

my backs out at the moment so it'll probably be another week before i can sit long enough to make a start on it...

but i've been doing 3d modeling for 9-10 years now so I'm your guy....

and hey....i might even take a stab at war machine when i'm done...

Yes,Talk care of your back first.I know all to well about the pain from a back that wants to go out on ya.According to this http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18065 the helm is the same as the mark 3 suit so you wouldn't have to model that.It would def save some modeling time.So take care of your back and I REALLY am looking forward to this!!!!!

Johnnymuffintop said:
I'm DYING to do the Mark IV, so if someone made the Mark VI, could they also include the Mark IV chest (the body is identical, chest is the only difference).

This would be cool. Two suits by only changing one piece of the armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
robo3687 said:
so after finding an alternative seller on ebay for my hot toys war machine(i've used him before to buy a hot toys dark knight joker) i cancelled my sideshow order.....

so i'm now guaranteed a mkIV iron man and war machine....yay....

i'll be starting work on the mk IV/VI model sometime next week as my back should be okay by then....is it alright if I post it here and semi hijack your thread?

NO,NO hijack away!!!! Id like to put my vote in for the mark 6 chest piece first.If you want when you post a piece I can put it and the unfolds in the first post.No point in making a whole new thread.

Now I'm gettin' excited about this. I just started working on it when I saw this thread started. Soon as I have anything worth showing off I'll post it.

i'll probably start with the chestpiece's, seing as they're the only physical difference between the IV and VI suits

I'll be modeling it to fit a standard average sized 6 foot tall man....that fine with everyone?

Wait, can everyone actually see the difference between these suits? There is a huge difference, it's not just the chest, the legs are different, Arms, Abs, pretty much everything is different bar the helmet. I got some Reference pics from a sideshow replica. Here they are:

ya, the difference in the mark 3 and mark 4 is huge, but the only thing different between the 4 and 6 is the chestplate and the paint job. hope 2 see 4 or 6 soon.

Johnnymuffintop said:
I'm DYING to do the Mark IV, so if someone made the Mark VI, could they also include the Mark IV chest (the body is identical, chest is the only difference).

I dont completely agree with the body being the same. The biceps are more rectangular and the forearms are biffrent too. The only too thing that aren't diffrent are the leg's and the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back