Ironman Mark 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea on the ab plates. It's not new but good idea. Clarx used this technique on his Mark3 build, and yeah it works fine and dandy. ;)

robo3687 said:
yep the whole thing will be done (possibly even a new helmet....i have some ideas)

here's an update showing the start of the new articulated ab plate(hopefully it'll work...i think it will), how the whole thing looks on a 6 foot tall man and an exploded view of the ab piece....

002po.jpg

003zzc.jpg

004kuj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you guys like it....might try and get the side ab pieces done today and make a start on the back....

Wow this model is really coming together! Looks great, nice edge flow. It could use a few little tweaks in the chest to line up some of the edges a little bit but that's just being nitpicky. I know how hard it can be to get the edges lined up just right.

Dancin_Fool said:
Wow this model is really coming together! Looks great, nice edge flow. It could use a few little tweaks in the chest to line up some of the edges a little bit but that's just being nitpicky. I know how hard it can be to get the edges lined up just right.

yeh the chest is a little messy....but this is just a first pass.....i'll fix it...lol....i might also slightly shrink the arc reactor area a bit....it matched the ref i used but it seems smaller in all the others....lol...

EDIT: roughed out the side of the ab piece and started the cod piece

005con.jpg

and the 6' test fit

006exr.jpg

i'm also looking at the feasability of a pep model for the 'manequin' i'm fitting this on.....it should be possible...just depends on how hard it would be to pep....

I can't wait for this! A couple Of questions, are you going to release the parts as you finish them or finish the whole model first and then release everything? Also are you going to make a MK VI chest piece?

Heheh, looks like we're goin' about the same pace! :D

4642910630_6f620b146f_o.jpg

I've got the same thing for the ab plates, I made them after seeing Anthony Le's suit, he had a good idea there. it will be so much of a relief to have articulation. Just have to find out how it's going to work for the side of the abs.

Robo3687, and Sharkhead for the sides, and back of the abdomen each section should be layered to achieve all of the correct movement, with the Spine being a fixed object. I have began building my MK III abdomen this way for this exact reason. With each pieces overlapping from top - bottom vice versa, but connected side by side in ring formations, and attached at certain points.

Saber1138 said:
Robo3687, and Sharkhead for the sides, and back of the abdomen each section should be layered to achieve all of the correct movement, with the Spine being a fixed object. I have began building my MK III abdomen this way for this exact reason. With each pieces overlapping from top - bottom vice versa, but connected side by side in ring formations, and attached at certain points.

I understand what you mean, that's how I was building my Mark 3. The problem with the Mark 6, as you can see in both our models, is that the abdomen pieces don't line up with the oblique pieces so you can't really attach them to each other in rings to make something like a large-scale compression.

I was thinking of making the side pieces noncompressible and attaching them directly to the sides of the codpiece, so that the "slack" is taken up under the chest. Then the front and back ab plates would be articulated for bending forwards and backwards.

It's not the best method, but I feel it could solve a few problems you guys are having with the sides.

^-^Foxy~>

Damn, we're getting closer...

The problem with that method: The pressure of the body leaning forward would compress the abs, if the sides are stationary you won't be able to freely move your body forward enough to actually compress the pieces, which leaves us back at square one. >__<

Nobody said:
I can't wait for this! A couple Of questions, are you going to release the parts as you finish them or finish the whole model first and then release everything? Also are you going to make a MK VI chest piece?

1. not sure what the release schedule will be....i'm thinking i'll do it in stages...one i work out scales and such....so it'd be like this:

-torso (mk IV chest, mkVI chest ,back, ab pieces, codpiece)

-arms (shoulder bell, bicep, forearm, gloves[yeh i'm making gloves too...lol])

-legs (thighs, shins, boots)

-helmet (if i get around to doing my own version)

tompkins420 said:
anxiously awaiting ab plates....just one question, will the abs articulate?

well hopefully they will

sharkhead7854 said:
Heheh, looks like we're goin' about the same pace! :D

yep

foxymcfox said:
I was thinking of making the side pieces noncompressible and attaching them directly to the sides of the codpiece, so that the "slack" is taken up under the chest. Then the front and back ab plates would be articulated for bending forwards and backwards.

It's not the best method, but I feel it could solve a few problems you guys are having with the sides.

^-^Foxy~>

i'm trying a few things to work out a good way of having it work....hopefully by the end of today i'll have worked something out.....

I totally agree with the front and back articulation, but coming from someone stuck in this particular fiberglass cage, side articulation is a must. When I look at the armor, I think that the armor does have full compression articulation on the whole midsection of the armor. I mean, it's only logical.

Oh, and I can't wait to build this suit. It'll be so much more comfortable than my current one :)

Keep up the good work!

---Stonewall

I Have a was wondering if any one could export Dung Beetle Iron Man Helmet 2.3 (26.5cm) unfolded by MrOreo123 v1.pdo from Pepakura as one of the vector formats. and send it to me so I can try it out on the Cricut 12x12 cutting machine...I would do it myself but dont have the funds to purchase the full version right Now. Thanks In Advance

Stonewall said:
I totally agree with the front and back articulation, but coming from someone stuck in this particular fiberglass cage, side articulation is a must. When I look at the armor, I think that the armor does have full compression articulation on the whole midsection of the armor. I mean, it's only logical.

Oh, and I can't wait to build this suit. It'll be so much more comfortable than my current one :)

Keep up the good work!

---Stonewall

I Concur!

Saber1138 said:
I Concur!

F@#* It, I have worked as a prop and model maker at ILM for 14 years as od July 2009! If people want articulation in the abs and can't figure it out for themselves.... seek help! That is what Forums, threads, and topics ARE for to share information! Yes we all love Halo, Star Wars, Iron Man, Yes we all want A Halo Iron Man, Boba Fett Suit... But at what point do YOU The makers, We the Modelers, and the rest Draw The Line!

Sharkhead, Robo, Dub, and so forth.... make your files....

People Will build....

People Will Get Help,

If they don't bother they can buy!

YOU Are NOT RESPONSIBLE!

" Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, Teach a Man to fish He will Eat for a Lifetime!"

Done.... Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back