Ironman Motorised Faceplate Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m working on a new helmet, better and more accurate, and want to do it "full" so if people want to can buy it, but it needs time yet :p

Have you tried any of these ?
They are power full enough to break themselfs loose form a Carbon fiber chassi.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=Hitec+MG

As I told before and always said, problem is torque, small servos aren´t powerfull enough. As a rc plane flyer I know perfectly servos and their capabilities.

If you can find a micro servo with 3 or 4 real kilos of torque show me. Anyway servos I´m using are not a lot of bigger than Hitecs 1.8 or 2 kilos, so I prefer 10kilos of torque :D

And an arduino as controller is cheaper than a transmitter and receiver.

Anyway, this kind of job is always trial and error...

PS: Have you tried any of these ?
They are power full enough to break themselfs loose form a Carbon fiber chassi.
I dont know what you flying ppl use in park flyers.
But we in RC car industry like to have lots of torque. Regular servo size in have like 5+ kilos as long as you get the MG version.
Micro sized you get about 2-3 Kilos again stick to MG version Metal Gear.

Battery wise u will need 6v or u can use a 7.4 volt with a BEC converter.

And yes i am fully aware of servos, these are the ones i am looking at that we comonly use in Car RCs

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=Hitec+MG

As I told before and always said, problem is torque, small servos aren´t powerfull enough. As a rc plane flyer I know perfectly servos and their capabilities.

If you can find a micro servo with 3 or 4 real kilos of torque show me. Anyway servos I´m using are not a lot of bigger than Hitecs 1.8 or 2 kilos, so I prefer 10kilos of torque :D

And an arduino as controller is cheaper than a transmitter and receiver.

Anyway, this kind of job is always trial and error...

I already knew these servos too, but they usually are about 30x16x30 and a maximum of about 3 or 4kg. So I do prefer my servo , because is 41x20x43 and 10kg torque. I used firstly futaba´s one, they are only 3 kilos and they were in the limit...

Also I want to tell I´m not a kind of Master or such, I only said what it´s better IMHO, if anyone could do with smaller servos would great and love to see, but to expend a lot of money in pieces is not something I can afford so the stronger the better ;)

As battery I´m using LiPo´s 11.1V and 2100mAh, with a 5v 3A bec, so it´s small and powerfull enough to feed all the system

And finally I fly planes and helis, not drive RC cars, so servos needed for cars are a lot of different than the planes ones, weight matters a lot in flying things.

ok im new to this all and i have 2 weeks into my build of iron man helmet and im looking into lots of things hinging it being first and i read ALL of the pages and i am REALLY confused i dont know what to do and how all of these things work any help PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back