Is The Pep Code Worth The Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmann1

To unfold pepakura yourself you need the full version, but that is 38$(U.S.). What do you think. Is it worth it? Does it realy make a difference? Or do you think that being able to save your own files is totally worth 38$

Yes and no. I have a cracked version of both Pep 2 and Pep 3, and it's useful if you do a lot of model editing like I do. If you know your scales, you really only need to be able to scale your files to the size you need and then print. I'd say that an unlocked version is useful, but not essential, and definitely not worth the price tag that it comes with.

If you are an unfolder, or you scale pieces for other people and send them the .pdo files, or you plan on printing out multiple files of the same size, then I'd say it's worth it. Otherwise, I'd say you don't really need it. Most all of my armor was printed off the shareware version.

Hope that Helps!

Cheers!

Personally I think it would be worth it, I mean it really is under $40 and seriously are you really going to miss that much money?

I like being able to fit the pieces on the paper how I wish so I can save paper and make it more convenient/faster for myself. That and being able to save those changes so if/when I chose to use that file again there is no need to spend the half hour working the pieces back to how I want them.

Your choice, it's honestly not that much money and you won't really miss it trust me.

M07Marauder said:
Personally I think it would be worth it, I mean it really is under $40 and seriously are you really going to miss that much money?

I like being able to fit the pieces on the paper how I wish so I can save paper and make it more convenient/faster for myself. That and being able to save those changes so if/when I chose to use that file again there is no need to spend the half hour working the pieces back to how I want them.

Your choice, it's honestly not that much money and you won't really miss it trust me.

I agree with Marauder. Even if I didn't start sharing my unfolds (which you wouldn't make your money back on anyway), just being able to go back and tweak my files by re-working the folds, tabs, cuts, and parts arrangement to my liking is more than worth the price, imho. I'm actually surprised it doesn't cost MORE, given what it's able to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely worth the money. Like I say, if you can't afford to throw down $35 for Pep, it might be a good idea to look into other hobbies. Because building a good suit costs a whole lot more. Plus, it'll just make your life a WHOLE lot easier, and will allow you to add something to the community (new unfolds, etc).

Also, support small software developers by buying their products! They make cool software like Pep, and should be rewarded for it!

I've never payed for software. I know I'm not supposed to encourage this on this forum but...

Just find a crack.

I'm going to hell anywho.. (Doesn't exist)

Yes and No in my perspective. My Yes side leans to what it is able to do and how it saves me time and how I am able to save my work if something is too hard or will take too long, and my thoughts on the downside is it starts slowing down after you work with a HD piece for a while (look at my Clonetrooper Chest Piece for example) the other problems I have mad with it is trying to get the MM to CM nin the bottom display which i still have not figured out how to do and I wish they had it where you could import more file types. The price is'nt a big issue with me and if I wanted a crack I could easily get one and do it that way but won't another rpoblkem for me is if they come out with Pep Designer 4 will I have to pay for it as well if I already have 3 from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back