It Has Finally Begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did really well with that. I know from working with abs and polystyrene on my ROTS clone it can be challenging. Good job and congrats on the wonderful suit

Very nice... And of course having multiple helmet options can be quite good for any new suit.! It is a bit slimming looking, compared to some suits with a bulkier edged look. Is this due to the type of forming..or just height and weight?

Congrats on the suit btw.

I guess just height and weight. I am 6 foot and 190 lbs. The styrene is .090 so that makes the suit pretty slim compared to the molded and fiberglassed suit I would guess.

Thanks for the thumbs up. I am nearing completion of the belt assembly, which I am very happy with. Next are the fore arms.

All done!

IMG_8363.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_8359.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

IMG_8361.jpg

AI Blue Fox said:
no really how did you make your armor obviously not pepakura

This is a Briar's Armor set with a Sigma helmet. I can get you the contact info for Briar's Armor, but I won't post makes in the open.

Glad you all like!

Last edited by a moderator:
*Sniffle* my lowly pepakura using feelings have been hurt :(

Amazing Firestorm! the CQB never looked that cool to me until now!!!! job well done

Amazing job. The suit is fantastic and the helmet is stunning! I'll agree with Skyman, the CQB amour in now in my good books!

I love the padding, pattern in the under suit though I find the red bits a tad distracting.

Awesome!

InfiniTTTy said:
I love the padding, pattern in the under suit though I find the red bits a tad distracting.
The red bits are going away at some point. That is a paintball armor under suit that has red in it. I dyed it, spray painted it, and hit it with marker to make it disappear and it wouldn't leave. So I am going to unstitch it and sew in something new that isn't red.

Thanks so much folks! It was a fun build!

To all the pep folks; keep building. I have seen pep that gets fiberglassed and resined and bondo'ed and they are AWESOME!!

This helmet may have had its origins in pep.

link4044 said:
nice pistol....the armor looks great by the way

PM Link, he makes them and will probably make you a good deal on one. Shipping will no doubt be very cheap for you :p :lol:

I need to get a close up shot of the pistola for you. When I got it painted I was so disappointed in how it look. There was something fundamentally wrong with how I did it. It was all chrome with a black grip. I experimented and hosed it down with black paint then wiped it down and I about dropped my jaw. All the lines and grooves and writing starting to pop out. The detail became apparent and was like having a whole new prop.

Thanks for it!! It was perfect for Halloween; showy but not so big as to keep me from drinking my beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back