i've started on an EOD helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertaco

I've been digging the EOD helmet ever since i got halo 3, and thought about making one but the only one was slyfo's but it looked too complicated. so i got the files (if i told you where i would have to kill you), and made a simplified one. it's all unfolded and scaled for me(I'm 5'3"). i would have started this sooner but i just got back from vacation and i'm really tired but heres the pdo
[attachment=2554:EOD_001.JPG]
[attachment=2555:EOD_002.JPG]

that's all i have assembled so far. :D but everything is cut out

Congrats on making better pep files than Slyfo. :D
You mainly got rid of all the isolated edges, and bumped the angle tolerency down to 170. You did an OK job unfolding it, but it could be done better.

The 3D model in PepDes looks like an autobot to me. In the game, i don't see it that way, but the 3d model sure does.

i am just about half done with gluing the cardstock together. sorry on pics, i'll take some when i get home. but when i printed it out all the lines were black and green, what happened. also i got one of those mini cans of resin, about how many times can i resin/ fiberglass with that?

Good job, man. I don't particularly care for the EOD, but I might make it after my other helmets simply because this file is simple and (looks) easy to build.

What are you going to use for the eye visors? Lenses from a pair of mirrored sunglasses?

Garland said:
Good job, man. I don't particularly care for the EOD, but I might make it after my other helmets simply because this file is simple and (looks) easy to build.

What are you going to use for the eye visors? Lenses from a pair of mirrored sunglasses?
;) how can you not like EOD????
as for the eye visors i probably will.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey i'm just about done with this helm and it is beautiful btw. but tips for anyone else who decides to make this. add about .5-1 cm to ur normal helmet size. i always set my helmets at 27.5cm tall because those fit me perfectly, but because of the shape of this helm make sure to add a lil more so you chin doesnt stick out :p
eod.jpg

ALL DONE!:D

dylan Snyder said:
hey i'm just about done with this helm and it is beautiful btw. but tips for anyone else who decides to make this. add about .5-1 cm to ur normal helmet size. i always set my helmets at 27.5cm tall because those fit me perfectly, but because of the shape of this helm make sure to add a lil more so you chin doesnt stick out :p
eod.jpg

ALL DONE!:D
Very nive what are you going to use for a visor.Or visors.

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually found some gold tintedy sunglasses at a dollar store near my house. i'll pick up a pair and take some pics of them. but their lenses are perfect. well they could be a little more bulbousy but hey, oh well :p

i'm 5' 11" and i scaled it to 27.5 like i do with all my helmets because i measured my head at 26.5cm so i added a lil bit of room and my CQB, MARK VI, and RECON helmet all fit perfectly, this one is tighter, yet still wearable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back