Jackskelling10's Armor (Please Comment!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackSkelling10 said:
I'm just scared that if I work excessively now on the neck piece, it will 1. Ruin the paint job (obviously) and 2. Cause damage.

I painted my daughter's armor three times, this is actually a part of the smoothing process. Apply bondo, sand to as smooth as you can get it, paint it a darker color, sand again to find the high and low parts on the piece, paint and repeat. You can add a few step of bondo in there to adjust the low areas and some spot filler is nice to have on hand also.

If you are looking for a battle worn look, try this:

Paint the piece a solid color say, olive green. Then apply a generous coat of a mix of brown paint and water. This diluted paint will find all the crevasses. Let this set on the piece for a few minutes, then whip the excess off. This will give you the dirty soiled look. Set it aside and allow to dry. The final step is to dry brush silver on to the entire piece. Dry brushing is loading a brush with silver paint then wiping most of it off then quickly rub the brush on the piece.

Peace,

Last edited by a moderator:
It's finally done for now! I plan to go and bondo the legs and arms more later and also finish the shoes, but this was a rush to get it done for school today.

Spartan J17 reporting

IMG_2638.jpg

School was awesome. I got so many compliments and my picture taken for the year book. Here's a picture of my AP Euro Class. My best friend bought stormtrooper armor so that's him on one end. I didnt wear the boots, because one wasn't finished

APEuroHalloween.jpg

Here's my teacher wearing my helmet:

MrChief.jpg

It was so amazing lol. I'm really happy with today. Everyone should wear armor in public at least once in their lifetime. I think my friend (the Burger King) was getting angry because I was getting more attention then he was, but oh well. He hates Halo with a passion anyway.

-JackSkelling10

Spartan J17

So what do you guys think? I plan on bondoing things and making an HD chest in the future. Also finishing the boots. This is my first armor, so I know it's pretty bad lol.

Here's some more pics I found on facebook

Me in Music Theory. I dont really like this picture

MasterChiefMusicTheory.jpg

Halloween at my house

Halloween09.jpg

Me and girl who wanted to take a picture with me at school

MasterChiefSchool.jpg

Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back