Props Jangofett140's Armory Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoFett140

In an attempt to keep the forums clean, im going to all my halo related weapons builds in this tread. I will keep non-halo build seperate though.

My Armory so far is

LD pep'd AR Status:Finished

pep HD AR Status:Under construction

Scratch build SMG Status:Finished

Bevbor's Battle Rifle Status: Under construction

I may build the pep ODST SMG if i have time for dual weilding purposes.

So ive been seeing alot of awesome cardboard/foam board scratch builds and have wanted to do one myself. When i was at my local craft store the other day they had foam board for $0.50 each so i stocked up and started an smg build. Im using wizards blueprints as a dimensions referance but free handing all the parts. I have the stock almost completed. I used a graham cracker box for the cardboard.

th_DSCF2340.jpg

th_DSCF2341.jpg

th_DSCF2342.jpg

th_DSCF2343.jpg

th_DSCF2344.jpg

I like the level of detail that you're putting into it, it looks awesome. Just gotta smooth it out with bondo or something once you're done :) keep it up

dude looks fantastic. I work with foam board as well, Isnt it a B!T&# to cut through? that is the only part i dont like about foam building. great job so far!

i got a bit more work done last night.

th_DSCF2345.jpg

Main body base

th_DSCF2346.jpg

im using an air hose quick connect for the barrel

th_DSCF2347.jpg

Quick snap on silencer.

Gearsofhalo" Isnt it a B!T&# to cut through?"

yes...yes it is

thanks for the feedback

Great work and I liked your video. I had thought about the silicone hot pads too, but decided against it for mine.

LeeKegan said:
Great work and I liked your video. I had thought about the silicone hot pads too, but decided against it for mine.

Thanks, apparently my walmart doesn't carry them......shopko should have em though

I got some of the detailing done tonight.

th_DSCF2354.jpg

th_DSCF2355.jpg

tomorrow ill do the sights and maybe work on the stock slide to make it stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, buddy! :eek

Looks fantastic so far. You're doing one helluva bang-up job on the details you've been putting into it. I like your idea of using foam board. I myself have used it for one or two small-scale builds, and I find that stuff is very easy to work with.

I also like your idea of using that plastic as custom detailing on the SMG. Personally, I think that would be good for adding a little extra detail to the butt end of the stock. But that's just me, lol.

After some bondo and smoothing, it'll be a killer prop :D

Thanks guys, im finishing up the magazine tonight and hopefully will get the base coat on tonight and then get it painted saturday or sunday. pixs up later

someone pm'd me asking how i knew how big to scale it so decided i should post my answer if anyone else is wondering.

i didnt print of wizaerds plans. what i did was alot of math lol. i have a 22" flatscreen so i opened up the screenshot/pic of the blueprints and measured the parts on my screen. then using the measurements of halopedia, used the scaling formula to figure out the size. basically i would measure it in centimeters and multiply it by 3.92 which was my scale factor (ur factor will vary by monitor and resolutions) and that was the size. i then freehanded the pieces based on the measurements.......and yes i used a calculator

UPDATE TIME!! so i dont have man pixs before this cause the 405th was down and so were my batteries so i never took pixs. Here is my AR build so far i used the base pep model and then added the side details. the back will come off for the battery. there are gaps that wil be filled in and smoothed out along the length of the back.

DSCF2583.jpg

Front

DSCF2584.jpg

Back

DSCF2585.jpg

DSCF2586.jpg

Pretty awesome there. i wish i could make the assault rifle. :p

Keep it comin' :D

Spraynoob

PS. (The way you scaled, is how i do it sometimes)

Good work on the AR so far, buddy. What material did you use for the surface details? :unsure

Also, is there anymore progress to report on the SMG? That was coming along epically :D

SPARTAN II said:
Good work on the AR so far, buddy. What material did you use for the surface details? :unsure

Also, is there anymore progress to report on the SMG? That was coming along epically :D

i printed off the side panel two ore times. on 1 i drew out the details that i cut out and traced onto foampaper. then i glued those pieces onto the other copy. this was glued around the edges to the gun. the way it needed to be angled left a gap between the gun and the new panel. i very messily filled/slushed this gap with rondo to solidify it. im going to continue the angle down the gun once the two hales are joined. As for the SMG look for an update in the next few days.....there should be some pixs coming. sorry about the lack of pixs. when i call it quits at 2 i dont feel like snapping any and then i go straight to work the next morning. But ill try to get more soon. plus with the 405th being down for a week i kinda fogot about taking them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back