JD of Asgard's Spartan Medic Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD of Asgard

Member DIN
S757
So I've been posting over in "New Recruits" for a while. I've made a lot of strides over the last year and a half that I've been prop making but I've still got a little way to go.

20150930_200117.jpg20150930_200321.jpg20150930_200337.jpg

Working on a Recon helmet for my suit. I finally finished building the helmet.
It's a bit big but I wanted the room for padding, lighting, and a fan. I should have plenty of space for the face just in front of my face.
It still needs to be coated in plastidip and painted once I'm done with the build. I built ventilation points along the side and near the bottom. Whenever I start putting the electronics in I'll add a small computer fan in.
My visor is en route. And a chrome purple flexable bit. I'm going to run it through a printer and get a nice little hexagon pattern on the visor.
Oh and the tan bits you see are wood filler used to fill small gaps between the peices. I've sanded it down so what you see is just the thin layer that's left in he gaps. Hopefully it'll be invisible when I paint over everything. Does anyone have any experience with painting over wood filler that could offer advice?

20150926_203511.jpg20150926_203528.jpg
I was worried about the size of the helmet, but after putting it on with the chest peice I see it's not that bad.,

Next step, the shoulders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back