Jmann's Emile A-239 Build (pix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMann

Hello 405th,

I, for some time now, have been lurking in the shadows taking notes on building armor. A couple months ago, with what little time I had, I started with a couple of friends making it. My choice Emile. The hope was to get it done for launch and still shooting for it. A bit behind but still optimistic. I have plans lined up for most the rest of building (i.e. lights, vacuumform visor, skullcandy, undersuit, etc etc).

First I want to thank all the Modelers and Unfolders in the community for some great material to Pep with, I'm sorry if i miss you (let me know in PM if you notice your work and i will add you, hard to go back with all the files I have :p). Thank you to;
Chevysrule LastSpartan Halogoddess Ruze789 L3XBLU3R1V3R carpathiavh99 Rundown

A special thanks to carpathiavh99 for conveying the idea of foamboard behind pep. I will be using this for my chest.

One more special thanks to my friend who has been altering and unfolding models for my building purposes, lganderson. Hes got some great work.

Here are some progress pics:
THIGH
SANY0320.jpg

HELMET
SANY0377.jpg

SANY0378.jpg

SANY0388.jpg

SANY0389.jpg

SHOULDER
SANY0391.jpg

KNEE
SANY0392.jpg

HANDs
SANY0393.jpg

RIGHT SHOULDER ATTACHMENT
SANY0394.jpg

SANY0395.jpg

I look forward for comments, concerns, or ideas! More to come!

Also take a look at my friends who are making their gear as well with me!

-lganderson http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25721-Reach-Spartan-III-Build
-zeldasaver http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25333-Wade-s-ODST-suit

Thanks, JMann

EDIT: Would have liked imageshack.us to work oh well :p no sign in needed heres photobucket!

yeah they are not working :( really wanna see how this is gonna work :D haha

Edit: now they work :D that looks awesome dude,

just wondering, are the only parts that are different for Emile from the standard spartan the helmet,shoulders, and knees? or are there more different pieces? also what are you planning on using for the visor?

Everything is looking pretty good from over here. :) The big shoulder piece looks exceptionally cool! :D It looks nice and rounded.

Even though Emile has a cool helmet, the chin area bothers me.........it reminds me of a pharoh. XD haha Ya know how the egyptians had like those long, weird looking things on their chin? That is what the chin area on his helmet makes me think of! XD haha

Even though Emile has a cool helmet, the chin area bothers me.........it reminds me of a pharoh. XD haha Ya know how the egyptians had like those long, weird looking things on their chin? That is what the chin area on his helmet makes me think of! XD haha
Ha, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw his helmet :p

Anyway, looks like you are doing a great job. Good luck on finishing before Reach.

i like it! looks like everything went smooth, i always thought emilles helmet was awesome, and actually after everything is pepped it'll go like crazy. the only hard part is bondoing, and it looks like you got that covered
keep it up!!

Wow wow wow, I can't believe my eyes: THE emile armor with EVA helmet O.O!!
It's an awesome work, man. Keep it up, I can't wait for see the next update :p !

just wondering, are the only parts that are different for Emile from the standard spartan the helmet,shoulders, and knees? or are there more different pieces? also what are you planning on using for the visor?

As far as I have seen is the right forearm attachment for shotgun shells is another variation,with the 2 shoulder attachments, and the kneecaps. I have also seen a lot of shins w/o the top section except noble team, most of them seem to have their shins with this. It really depends on your view of a "standard spartan." I for one really look forward to the armor customization in Reach, is mine going to be standard.... doubt it :p

How are you planning on doing the skull emblem?

As far as my visor and emblem it involves vacuum forming, a heat gun, 2 helmet molds, an airbrush, a dull or wooden knife, tape, and some blind luck. I'll get more into that when it comes closer as I will be ordering the PETG this coming weekend

As for the rest of you, I leave you all with a few words as well as some pics.

Thighs
MobilePhotoAug172010120947AM.jpg

Old Shin (a.k.a. my first pep ever!)
SANY0321.jpg

SANY0322.jpg

New Shins
MobilePhotoAug172010120926AM.jpg

Knife in Progress
MobilePhotoAug18201084320AM.jpg

MobilePhotoAug18201084342AM.jpg

MobilePhotoAug18201084426AM.jpg

MobilePhotoAug182010110351PM.jpg

First off the shins didn't sit too well on me and wouldn't so i went with a different model in the end, lganderson's model. I noticed when building the knife that it was a model with sheath imposed on the knife so i had to do some modifications on the fly to make it work. Thanks again to LastSpartan and HaloGoddess, still couldn't have done it without you 2!

More to come! 25 more days!

Hey man, can you send me the download link for the helmet file that you made? I can't seem to find one that looks exactly that high in detail... Thanks

So close yet so far

--Another quick update--

I have been working hard mainly on hardening with fiberglass or slushcasting with 321. I am getting really far with my helmet just have to take a file to it and put in some fine details and i will post some pics of that. Today I have a few pictures of other pieces. Got plenty of goodies in the mail coming my way. PETG plastic, airbrush and compressor kit, Volara foam, to name a few!

Cod pieces

MobilePhotoAug262010101700PM.jpg

Kukri finely sanded just a few more small details

MobilePhotoAug262010101815PM.jpg

Forearms pepped and ready

MobilePhotoAug262010102659PM.jpg

Left shoulder attachment (modified on the fly) modeled by L3X BLU3R1V3R (Thanks again!)

MobilePhotoAug302010112402PM.jpg

MobilePhotoAug302010112428PM.jpg

Hey man, can you send me the download link for the helmet file
The helmet file is Chevysrules base model. My friend lganderson unfolded it for me and altered it a bit for my use, especially the back neck area. The neck area in the back in the end was cut out 2 times and redone by hand. Boba has an unfold for basically the same model here http://www.4shared.com/file/Odk_7eok/Emile_Reach_helmet.html. If you want the exact one I have going on it will need rear neck work and you will have to get it from lganderson, shoot him a PM.

Good luck to everyone who is pushing for suits on launch! Wish me some good luck too :D

Wow...awesome work! Your pep work is so clean...you must have practiced a lot :) I may have missed or or have not found the thread on the forum yet, but what was the foamboard bit?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back