Join me as I mod a nerf gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTiKi

Jr Member
So I recently bought a used nerf longshot that I am going to mod into a sniper rifle. So go grab yourself a longshot and lets do this.

First let me say I am not a nerf guy. But it was cheap and is similar to a sniper rifle so what the heck. I removed the air restrictor and stretched the spring.

Here is where I am at so far. Ganna paint trigger and bipod today.

2073y3t.jpg

I tried the exact same thing not long ago.. I'm almost certain I used the same nerf gun as well.. It turned out to be alot harder than I expected and the project was a failure.

Went with a LongStrike which is the more Sniper looking version.
I Modified the rear to be removable. And compressed the srping for more distance.
Next will be a reskin and repaint for a Halo look.

The original Nerf Gun Longstrike
SAM_0373.jpg

Open it up to access its internals
SAM_0381.jpg

Add a Gasket or Rubber Ring or Plastic Ring here. Compress the spring by 0.25-0.35 inch.
SAM_0387.jpg

The ring close up, and stretch the spring a bit. Results 10-20 feet original to 30-35 feet modded.
SAM_0386.jpg

Drill the anoying air restrictor out, dont drill too big of a hole. adds another 10-15 feet range.
SAM_0388.jpg

Modify the clip so the rear Stock can be removed but yet stays in solid if prefered.
SAM_0378.jpg

SAM_0384.jpg

SUper Glue these damn srpings to the button so i dont loose them.
SAM_0380.jpg

^^ sweet dude how long you been working on it??

I like the longshot because it has a bipod and the stock looks like that of the sniper rifle.

That weathering makes a huge difference. Looks great so far. What did you use as a base color?

Looks good with the weathering. the bipod is good but bulky, try slimming it down to look more realistic. But great work on it so far.

I been working on mines for a week now. Main thing i was trying to get range. 10-15 feet didnt work for me. Its now got a modified Barrel to keep air pressure in. and right now i am sanding the case down of any unwanted lettering.

It is the best place but also the worse. You have to figure out which informations are vailid b/c there are also a lot of little kids on there.
So i like it here better hehehe, ...

This. Will. Turn. Out. Epic.
One day, someone who shall stumble upon this post randomly, their brains will be blown out of their heads by the sheer awesomeness of this.
:D

That looks awsome, my bro and i just bought longshots last night at walmart, and already put stronger springs in it. We supposively have a range of approx 80ft now, only problem is the darts are to light to travel that far.

Does anyone know how to mod the darts into making them a little bit heavier?

I'll keep following your thread and try to keep moding our guns with ya.

Nice, I am modding my recon to shot farther(or try to) and making it in to a sniper. MrTiKi updated my armor the i am making, got pic up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back