Props Jorge 052 Chain Gun Scratch Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you made the amo box?
I am actually custom making the ammo box and it will be pretty non-cannon. It is going to be open top and with my recent discovery on how to mold and cast chain-linked ammunition, I am going to have the box full (only visually) of belted 50 cal BMG rounds. Yes I know that the official caliber of this gun is significantly smaller, but come on, who doesn't love belted 50 cals?

Another possibility I am considering is to not have an ammo box at all and have the ammunition be fed out through a backpack-like container, kinda like the conceptual drawing of Jorge-052 if you look him up on Halopedia.

I like the back-peck fed belt idea, it would look really cool. Also reminds me of that scene in predator, with the mowdown, you know which one ;)

As awesome it may be, I would think it would be a bit.... unwieldy..... to be attached to a 20 lb gun!

Although I was thinking about using a strip of iron/steel on the end of the ammo belt so that it can connect to some McMaster magnets inside the "loading chamber." This would act as a "Breakaway Mechanism" in case I want to put the darn thing down!

"Freakin magnets! How do they work?" -My best friend
Magnets are awesome, i have all kinds of idea's about what to do with magnets. And I agree, as awesome as the belt idea is, it would be unwieldy. Very unwieldy. Maybe the custom ammo box would be best. paint betty on the ammo box :D and eat lead on the barrel xD lol, jk, do wutchu want, but i can't wait to see what comes next :D

Any sorts of other details would be pretty non-cannon, but I am already making modifications to the original design anyway so as soon as I get my paper cutter at school working (and printing out STENCIL font) I'll probably add military tags and other custom etchings.

If they bitch about oversized... just shoot them in the face with it. Let's hear 'm bitch AFTER that!

Dude... Crazy build! Keep going AND SHOW PICTURES OF PAINT COAT! Damn... good looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back