Props Jorge 052 Chain Gun Scratch Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your take on this project with the use of cardboard is very inspiring. It makes me want to finish my Jorge that I am workin on. Thanks dood, keep up the good work.

so any new progress? you've teased us thus far. I'm curious as to how well the bolts and plates work at giving support.

so any new progress? you've teased us thus far. I'm curious as to how well the bolts and plates work at giving support.
Ah, yes, and I will continue to tease!

I am working on it as much as possible, but that last couple of months have been dominated by my recently completed ODST armor. The next step is to begin the strengthening process and fiberglass tends to get a bit runny in cold climates.

However, all is not lost. these shut-in days for coldness are the perfect opportunity to begin on the armor itself and making the molds for the 50 cal BMG chain-linked rounds I will be using to accent this weapon and many others to come! I hope that is acceptable update...

OK,

After much work, the front end of the barrel is complete. I only need to add the iron sights and this thing is ready for strengthening, but since it is a bit cold outside, and resin can't really be used inside, I will have to wait a while until the weather permits me to continue with the project.

BTW, I am working on a conceptual method for molding 50 cal ammunition belts that can be displayed in a box instead of a lame closed compartment like in the video game.

chaingun014.jpg

chaingun015.jpg

chaingun017.jpg

chaingun016.jpg

I think i just contracted Awesomous Wipitis.... DAM YOU! Omg, this build is absolutely amazing :D I was just looking at this when i realized that there is little to no reference pictures of this weapon D: And why does is it so ENORMOUS xD It's awesomeness is unprecedented :D subscribed :D

The funny thing is that I'd seen this before I bought my own Nerf gun. I'll certainly be watching to see how this turns out.

As far as guns go, I think Jorges' takes the cake. You are doing an awesome job on this Akademee, keep it up man!

OMFG, this is awesome, i can't believe tht u made this from scratch! Great job, I can't wait to c it wen its done.

I'm new here, but have built my fair share of large gun props. I built a full size Killstick from the webcomic Megatokyo, I helped in building an Ork Shoota from WH40K, and a few others here and there. There is a few things I would look into..

1. Reinforce the top carry handle and around the rear carry handle. If you think it's strong enough... make it stronger. People are going to want to pick it up and pose with it.

2. To help with the weight of carrying this beast around, make a concealed strap that attaches to a belt. It will allow your body to take the weight instead of your arms.

1. Reinforce the top carry handle and around the rear carry handle. If you think it's strong enough... make it stronger. People are going to want to pick it up and pose with it.

2. To help with the weight of carrying this beast around, make a concealed strap that attaches to a belt. It will allow your body to take the weight instead of your arms.

1. Great way to pick up chicks, especially in college!

2. Yeah, this thing is going to weigh alot and I was thinking about a sort of strapping under the armor that I can hook an XL Carabiner to the handle, I will work out balancing the darn thing later. But in the mean-time, its time for some push-ups!

So the last of the cardboard build has been completed and the next step is strengthening. It is rather cold where I live so I won't be able to start that for some time.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

gfhf001.jpg

gfhf002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back