Jorge Armor in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garuto101

Hey people of 405th, I hope I have this in the correct section. I'm just posting a message as a starting point for the Jorge Halo Reach Armor which I am commencing construction as of the 18th of July and am hoping to have fully constructed by September 13, so I can walk right into Eb games (Australia's Gamestop branch) and receive my Legendary edition looking like the biggest nerd in Australia (and hopefully snag some goodies from Eb whilst I'm there). I am planning on constructing the whole Armour set but as for the portable turret (or whatever weapon it is) I am not 100% sure if I will attempt unless the pep files turn up soon. So far I will be utilizing most of the pep files from Ruze's amazing Reach file thread but am planning on making a few changes to Jorge's original reach design mainly to the shoulders, abdominals legs and hopefully weapon.
jorge-halo-reach-character-artwork.jpg
Hopefully my end product will end up very similar to this with lots of detail and a nice rugged paintjob.

Wish me Luck, I will upload photos soon.

Dude you are going to have to crank to get it done. Better start hitting the red bulls. Good luck!

Yeah man, there's gonna be very many late nights for you, but don't give up! Remember the fruits of your labor!

I will say to you, good luck dude, you're going to need it to get this done in a measly 2 months. If this is your first time doing pepakura, I would not recommend you do the weapon in pep. Unfortunately, there is a limit to everything, and if you try to make a weapon of this size in pep, you are going to have one heck of a time making the pep not sag in the strengthening phase.

I would recommend a scratch build for a weapon of this size. I too am working on some Jorge armor, but I have started with a scratch build of the gun (I am in the early phases, you can check out the link in my signature). Now, that being said, I do not have my builds intended for a game release 2 months from now, I am giving myself a full year to complete my endeavor. I will be watching this topic, I hope to see many update pics on this project.

Whatever you if you really commit yourself, DO NOT GIVE UP! If it somehow turns out that you just can't make the September deadline, you can always be the Halloween bad-ass of your neighborhood!

PS, you think I could have the shoulder files, I'm building AceHigh's files and the only files I don't have are the shoulders! :p

red bulls dont have high enough of caffiene take 4 tablets of hydroxycut, that should be enough for you, BTW good luck your gonna need it :D

Hey a little update, I have finally purchased all the stuff (paints, aqua resin, fiberglass and glue-gun) but was unable to find any Card-stock in Australia do you think I could substitute Card-stock for 230gsm paper? I am going to attempt with it anyway but is there anything I should know before I utilize this paper?

I am currently using Rhinocs shoulders but am going to make them much bigger (not that anything is wrong with their current size). I always had the impression that Jorge was the true definition of muscle within the Spartan Program and that he would just burst his way through hundreds of covenant soldiers like a tank and devastate them all so I have been making a few modifications to these files and if you want them you'll probably need to wait another 2-3 weeks (I have already started production but am tackling it a different way in the hope of discovering new ideas for my peps). I look forward to see how yours will end up and can't wait to see your completed Chain-gun!

hey i started this also dude i hope u get it finished. im also trying to get it done by the release date my plan is to build it kinda cheap but also using parts from all sorts of places like a motor cycle helmet for starters. i hope i can get enough like that out of the way then to cut down the time. im going to try to bondo and cardboard my way through it hope you have good luck and i hope to see more pics of this soon :D

Hey man,
A good place i get decent card stock is office works. bout $25 for 250 pieces of paper at 200gsm. brand is called Color Copy
Im finding this quite funny as i too am making jorges armour (maybe for reach launch cause i would so do what you wanna do :D) lol

I'd love to see pics man.

Helmet complete

I have finally completed the helmet (other than the attachment) and am planning on fibreglassing and painting within the next week. I will post an image as soon as I have finished painting it

Lets get some progress pics. I will be starting a Jorge armor set soon. As I love his armor, and you just kind of have to respect a guy who carries around a gun as tall(if not taller) than himself.

Ok, dude, you really need some pics here.

"Pics or it didn't happen" is the saying we use around here... but anything will do, a picture of your pep, your resining job, pieces laid out on the floor, anything. And no, my camera is broken is an excuse we see to often here! :p people are really wanting progress updates with pics here, GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! :D

Im like "woo yea lets see some.... pic..tures... theres no wip pics?.... damn"

But hope fibreglassing goes well for you :D cant wait for some pics of what you've done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back