Jorge Build (First pep, build, everything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some advice for warping that I found. With big pieces, no mater what you do it seems you will always have a little bit of warping. Here is what I did to fix it: Put a few layers of resin-ing on it. Get it to where it holds it shape fairly well. Now grab the piece and slightly squeeze on it to where it make it straight(not warped looking). Now note where you just had you two hands to do that. Take a piece of nylon/dacron/etc string and hot glue it to the inside of the armor at one of the points where you had your hand. Make sure it dries, then glue the other end where your other hand was(make sure there is some slack). Now get some wire(I just used some 16gauge galv wire) And make it into somewhat of an H shape about 2" tall(don't know if that makes sense). But tread the string through the H and start to twist it meanwhile torquing the armor into shape. When you have the correct tightness that you want just turn the H diagonally and it should stay. Then just resin the armor until it is strong enough to hold that shape. I don't know if that makes any sense what-so-ever. But I hope it does for you. It worked GREAT for me.

Here is some advice for warping that I found. With big pieces, no mater what you do it seems you will always have a little bit of warping. Here is what I did to fix it: Put a few layers of resin-ing on it. Get it to where it holds it shape fairly well. Now grab the piece and slightly squeeze on it to where it make it straight(not warped looking). Now note where you just had you two hands to do that. Take a piece of nylon/dacron/etc string and hot glue it to the inside of the armor at one of the points where you had your hand. Make sure it dries, then glue the other end where your other hand was(make sure there is some slack). Now get some wire(I just used some 16gauge galv wire) And make it into somewhat of an H shape about 2" tall(don't know if that makes sense). But tread the string through the H and start to twist it meanwhile torquing the armor into shape. When you have the correct tightness that you want just turn the H diagonally and it should stay. Then just resin the armor until it is strong enough to hold that shape. I don't know if that makes any sense what-so-ever. But I hope it does for you. It worked GREAT for me.

That sounds very interesting...I actually rondo'd the torso today and it came out looking like a giant paper monster crapped out some horribly deformed Jorge torso. I am pretty much dead set on remaking the torso and left shoulder after looking through your thread again...I am making you my standard, hahah. But I don't know exactly what you mean by the H shape, but the rest I understand. I am also waiting for FoolyCoolyman to get online so that I can ask him for his shoulder file, unless you are able to send me that yourself. I used one by someone else and it is a very strange scale (width is like, 3 times the height) and it does not look detailed like the one you made.

I am not very far into this build but I am likely redoing most that I have right now. That leaves me with having near completion the right shoulder, backpack, and one forearm attachment. And even most of those are only partly resined.

I will likely PM you, but if you could explain a bit more that procedure with the string, that'd be incredible. I want to make sure my build comes out at a fairly high quality (yours is what I'm looking at) and as I get better at pepping, it seems my big troubles lie in resining only one coat and trying to rondo. I'd really appreciate any help you can spare!

Also (to everyone reading), like I said above, I am going to redo the torso and make it so that I am really happy with it. Same with the left shoulder. So that means that I have used a gallon of bondo for almost nothing...oh well, hahah.
I have right now:
Backpack pepped
Forearm attachment nearly completed
Right shoulder pepped

That leaves me 17 more pieces to go and 20 to finish. wiyumishere will definitely be finishing before me.

That sounds very interesting...I actually rondo'd the torso today and it came out looking like a giant paper monster crapped out some horribly deformed Jorge torso. I am pretty much dead set on remaking the torso and left shoulder after looking through your thread again...I am making you my standard, hahah. But I don't know exactly what you mean by the H shape, but the rest I understand. I am also waiting for FoolyCoolyman to get online so that I can ask him for his shoulder file, unless you are able to send me that yourself. I used one by someone else and it is a very strange scale (width is like, 3 times the height) and it does not look detailed like the one you made.

I am not very far into this build but I am likely redoing most that I have right now. That leaves me with having near completion the right shoulder, backpack, and one forearm attachment. And even most of those are only partly resined.

I will likely PM you, but if you could explain a bit more that procedure with the string, that'd be incredible. I want to make sure my build comes out at a fairly high quality (yours is what I'm looking at) and as I get better at pepping, it seems my big troubles lie in resining only one coat and trying to rondo. I'd really appreciate any help you can spare!

Also (to everyone reading), like I said above, I am going to redo the torso and make it so that I am really happy with it. Same with the left shoulder. So that means that I have used a gallon of bondo for almost nothing...oh well, hahah.
I have right now:
Backpack pepped
Forearm attachment nearly completed
Right shoulder pepped

That leaves me 17 more pieces to go and 20 to finish. wiyumishere will definitely be finishing before me.

Don't rush rondo-ing. I lke to do 3 thin coats of resin on the outside(let each one cure in between). Then doing a slush coat on the inside with just resin(not rondo), that works well for me. On large pieces do more that one step in the slush stage. Don't try to do it all at once. I will post a pick of my H in a bit.

Don't rush rondo-ing. I lke to do 3 thin coats of resin on the outside(let each one cure in between). Then doing a slush coat on the inside with just resin(not rondo), that works well for me. On large pieces do more that one step in the slush stage. Don't try to do it all at once. I will post a pick of my H in a bit.

Sounds great, thanks man. And yeah, now I am going to be taking my time with this whole thing a lot more, as I want to make it look as good as I can as long as I finish by April. I don't know how you mean to do a slush coat of resin, I've never done that before. Is it just what it sounds like it is? Pouring resin in there and getting it to cover all surfaces?

Sounds great, thanks man. And yeah, now I am going to be taking my time with this whole thing a lot more, as I want to make it look as good as I can as long as I finish by April. I don't know how you mean to do a slush coat of resin, I've never done that before. Is it just what it sounds like it is? Pouring resin in there and getting it to cover all surfaces?

Correct sir. Just pour some resin in and grab the piece and act like you trying to see your future in a crystal ball(kinda like you're rubbing the crystal ball(rotating your hands around, whilst moving the piece(getting the resin in every nook(not actually takling about rubbing a crystal ball(its a simili......))))). I have said to much *open mouth, insert foot* Just move the piece around and coat the inside. Let the rest drain out(into another piece, don't wanna waste).

Correct sir. Just pour some resin in and grab the piece and act like you trying to see your future in a crystal ball(kinda like you're rubbing the crystal ball(rotating your hands around, whilst moving the piece(getting the resin in every nook(not actually takling about rubbing a crystal ball(its a simili......))))). I have said to much *open mouth, insert foot* Just move the piece around and coat the inside. Let the rest drain out(into another piece, don't wanna waste).

Sweet, I'll try that out when I resin my next piece. I don't wanna clutter up this thread much more, so I'll PM you about the whole torso thing if that's alright :)

I actually rondo'd the torso today and it came out looking like a giant paper monster crapped out some horribly deformed Jorge torso.

I am sorry to hear that, but I find it extremely funny the way you describe it. I too have learned the hard way that with the rondo, alittle goes along way.

I am sorry to hear that, but I find it extremely funny the way you describe it. I too have learned the hard way that with the rondo, alittle goes along way.

Definitely. I am going to be redoing it using Propcustomz's method he described above...hopefully I can get it to actually come out well this time, hahah.

You'll all be excited to hear that the backpack that I used is inaccurate...I have a feeling it was made before the game came out, so I'll be trying to mooch off of FoolyCoolyMan for files :p I'm going to redo it after the whole suit is made.

damn that's about as good as peping gets. good luck on the build, i can't wait to see the helmet

I'll post it up as soon as my phone stops being dumb. There are some warped spots in the front on the jaw that I should be able to fix, but it came out pretty well. I'll get a picture up tonight.

Hey man everything is looking great! ive fought with warping myself. i ended up buying some cheep 1/4 in dowel rods and cut them to size and hot glue them in place. it also is nice when you start detailing and painting because you have something solid to hold onto. just a thought hope it helps good luck.

Ta daaa.
233.jpg

I'm not extremely happy with it, but I can hopefully fix it.

233.jpg

Random update
This is wiyumishere and me working on some pep during school, hahah:
250.jpg

And here is the bicep I finished today; the height is perfect but I need to expand the depth by about 10-15mm:
254.jpg

Also, I will be crediting all the authors of these files when I am done, as I have been switching to and from files during the making of this. If someone asks which file I used, I will gladly answer though, obviously.

250.jpg

254.jpg

Yessir :p

So I can't get ahold of FoolyCoolyMan, whom I am trying to get a few files from...oh well, maybe he will respond eventually. I will be pepping a bit more today and once I leave my friend's house I will be pepping pretty much nonstop. Will get more progress then, also want to check and see if the bicep is the right size.

This site is filled with so much talent it's rediculous great job!

Thanks, but my peps pale in comparison to some of the people here :p hopefully I can have some good progress to show you guys soon, I've just redone so much that it doesn't give me a ton of progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back