Jorge's armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewiz

So i decided for my first build, I'd follow a trend and build Jorge's armor. I've pepped the EVA shoulder, twice. The first, if you saw it, was a balls up. So heres a before and after.
AfvPLahCEAMjoz5-1.jpg

His other shoulder will be next then chest then helmet then his backpack. Then fibreglass and bondo.

Hey buddy what are you using to glue the pep? If I had to take a guess it looks like hot glue? It's a good example of trial and error and learning, but I'd practice a little more before jumping to the chest. Best of luck to you!

Much better! There's defiantly progress there but as kinggoobero said it's probably better to get some more practice in before the chest piece. On my mark VI i started on the smallest pieces I could find so if I made a mistake (like making them the wrong size.... 3 different times....) I could fix it easy. Keep up the good work!

Yeah I've started the gauntlets and the attatchments instead then I'll do the grenadier shoulder then the rest.

Yeah I'm using hot glue I hate it, I had to go to school with blistered hands.

Try using Gorilla Super Glue, it's a bitch if you accidentally glue your fingers and it will definately create thin, nearly impossible to remove, layers on your finger tips. Luckily my friend had the great idea of using a pedegg(basically a cheese grater) to rub it off and it worked miracles. Those cons being stated the pros are that it dries pretty quick, it isn't hot or cold, just the temperature you keep it at, and one bottle lasts quite some time.

Tacky glue work great. It drys fast, no burns, and its water clean up while wet. It's all I use on pep.

I believe Gorilla glue is the same as super glue, but that works wonders bro. Much better than burning the **** out of your fingers :p Imo it provides a cleaner end result as well

Yeah I'm using hot glue I hate it, I had to go to school with blistered hands.

Don't put a huge blob of glue on the tabs before squeezing the edges together. Just put on a thin layer; just enough so it'll stick but not too much that it'll overflow. You don't need a lot of glue for the tabs to stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back