Juan3000 Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan3000

Hey. Lurked for a week or so. Read the work of masters until I was out of questions. Printed on 110# and built this. Never done a minutet of pep in my life. Amazed how quickly this went. Thanks to everyone on this site who shares their knowledge.

n668693264_664267_7403.jpg

good you know what you are doing! and by masters, you mean us? good work, just remember to remove the color from the 2d side, you dont need to use up your ink that way.

apart from that, learn2pepakura by pressing F1 in the program. it will help more than any tut.

good job!

Thanks for this site.

I'm on a Mac so these were laser printed at work from some lo res jpegs I found - that somebody was kind enough to post - in one of these here threads. I will add the pep software to my wife's laptop at home if I'm still hooked when I finish the helmet.....

18 hours of enjoyed labor from the first hitting of print till taping the bottom back together after the test fit. I really had a good time building this. Its an odd combination of puzzle and lego satisfaction at the same time...

n668693264_731560_658.jpg

n668693264_731561_973.jpg

Well, you got just over a month and a half. Get to work :D. (If you don't finish it in time, then you have 1 year and a month & a half :p)

Finished the shoulders and the diaper last night! Thanks again to everyone who built the foundation of this site's massive collection of resources. I will so have this done by Halloween....

Its an odd combination of puzzle and lego satisfaction at the same time...

Nice lol interesting observation you got there...and a Very nice start to you MC suit! Keep Us Posted!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Chugging along. Will so be done in time since I have the rest of the week off. Just need to buy the visor and paint the parts. Ok maybe a little more strapping and padding. For the sake of time (man the # of hours needed to build this was amazing) I'm not going crazy with the bondo to get rounded surfaces everywhere. That can be done slowly over the course of the winter. Plus I kinda dig the polygons. Reminds me that it all comes from a video game.

The green I picked to as the base coat dries pretty dark. With the black and silver added, the suit is coming out darker than I had expected. I was going for Master Chief, but found something better and more personal along the way. Spartan Zero.

Thanks to everyone who posts content on this site. Your work is an insperation. Hope to build the skills up enough by next halloween to mold and reproduce a couple suits for buddies. We shall see. Anyway here are the pics of a couple items with the battle worn finish that will be the final look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back