Jun-Armor + WEP (WIP PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I'm very impressed! I'm using the same pepakura files for my build. I'm working on my chest now and wondering how to split it. How durable is your method? Can you still be rough with it after all the weight from the bondo/fiberglass?

First thanks all for the positive feedback :)

wow, I'm very impressed! I'm using the same pepakura files for my build. I'm working on my chest now and wondering how to split it. How durable is your method? Can you still be rough with it after all the weight from the bondo/fiberglass?

I posted some pix showing where i split it, the reason why i split it is because when you look at the inside on where i split it, the surface is almost flat, perfect for fitting something to hold it together with. The steel bolt that i use for making the chest "flush" are 8cm which is about 3,1inc....
Picture%252035.jpg

They also have the "bolt-riffles" on them, this makes it harder to slide in and out of the steeltube, so i have "sanded" down the riffles so that its easy to slide them in and out. Since the bolt is so long, id say that about 2/3's of the bolt is stiking out and into the tube, only 1/3 is fastened in bondo and then fiberglass over the bondo. Beacuse of this all the wight of the chest is going on the bolt, rather than on the parachute-clips that hold it together. And yes the chest is heavy! I used about 1,5 squaremeter of fiberglass and 1,5 kg of resin xD then add the bondo, and all the other stuff and u got yourself a heavy but solid chest piece.

Today I also added some leds in the thigh! Cant have enough leds can you? :p

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

Took about 1hour per thigh to fit the leds, also fitted a switch on each thigh so that i can turn the leds on and off.

Edit:

Testfitting the thigh's with led :)

Picture%252036.jpg

Picture%252037.jpg

Cool, so you use the bolt to slide into the tube which is similar to the dowel method and the parachute clips to snap it all together? I bet you have to be very precise with all the measurements. Thanks for the reply :p

Cool, so you use the bolt to slide into the tube which is similar to the dowel method and the parachute clips to snap it all together? I bet you have to be very precise with all the measurements. Thanks for the reply :p

Yea, dowel method with a bolt that slides into a steel tube ;) and it was so easy to fit really....i cut the chest in 2. Then set the chest upside down and use ducktape to get frond and back part to join, this is where u have to be a little percise, if u **** it up now.....then you have to do alot more work to fix it :p After that i just made a ball of bondo the size of a golfball maybe....devided it into 2 and applyed it to either side of the cutseem. then join the bolt and steeltube, use ducktape to hold them together and just squize it into the bondo....that way u will always have the bolt entering the tube at the same place. This way the chest wil always be joined the same way, maybe off by 1mm and the gap is like 1-3mm.....but i dont care, im going to ware a cammo-web on top anyways :p

(sorry for the bad english here and there....)

Yea, dowel method with a bolt that slides into a steel tube ;) and it was so easy to fit really....i cut the chest in 2. Then set the chest upside down and use ducktape to get frond and back part to join, this is where u have to be a little percise, if u **** it up now.....then you have to do alot more work to fix it :p After that i just made a ball of bondo the size of a golfball maybe....devided it into 2 and applyed it to either side of the cutseem. then join the bolt and steeltube, use ducktape to hold them together and just squize it into the bondo....that way u will always have the bolt entering the tube at the same place. This way the chest wil always be joined the same way, maybe off by 1mm and the gap is like 1-3mm.....but i dont care, im going to ware a cammo-web on top anyways :p

(sorry for the bad english here and there....)

Thanks for clearing everything up with me. Huge help! Your build looks awesome by the way :)

Pix update

I have now done my first totalt test fit with the new chest and helmet....and i think it looks pretty darn awsome, went over to my m8's house and he just stood there grasping for air the first 3-4min :p scared the **** out of his mother aswell, haha

Also discovered sosme design fails, had to move the switch for the leds in the front, since the underarmor turned it off when i took a breath...so moved it a bit...

Here are the best pix i have sofar, taken with my crappy phone....

DSC_0880.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0537.jpg

IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0540.jpg

IMAG0541.jpg

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

This weekend i am attending my first con, and im also entered in the contest, so well se how that goes, expecting to have lots of awsome pics next week, so watch out for a new update :)

absolutely awesome! i am loving it. suit looks great, like the way you did the LED system :) good job

CON update!

So this weekend I attended my first con, Banzaicon in Larvik(Norway). Its a smal con in the way that the ticket sales was limited to only 520, but it was fun. I attended the competition and took the 3.place, and i definitivly got the most applaus from the crowd when i entered the stage in the finale with "mjolnir mix" on the speaker system and all the leds in my suit powered on. It was alot of fun. So heres some pix from the con, still waiting to get the pix from the last day tho.

IMG_7736.JPG

On stage from the final round..

IMG_7722.JPG

IMG_7642.JPG

All of the ppl that made it to the final. First place went to Rakel, dressed as Fenris from Dragion Age 2 (4th from the right side), Second place went to the little girl Grethe in the white costume to my left (cant remember the name atm).

IMG_7232.JPG

Me, Big Sister, Schookie Monster and Harley Quinn.

IMG_7000.JPG

IMG_6997.JPG

IMG_6970.JPG

IMG_6956.JPG

IMG_6947.JPG

Lets hunt some covenant!

Made alot of new friends at the con and one of them is pretty skilled in photoshop, check it out!

Halo_JUN1_vannmerke.jpg

Holy crap dude, your suit looks really well done. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours! Now you have to make a sniper rifle and you can win those costume contests! :p congrats!

Excellent result and a good build. Haha you must have felt on top of the world on that stage :D, well done.

As a reply to both MikyVengeance and samuraiAce, yes I am planning on making a sniper, not shure how yet or how big i will make it, but the plan is to have it done until next con (end of jun)....

Heres a pretty cool edit vid from the con I attended and also my (crappy) stage performance from the cosplay contest.

EDITVID

CONTEST

Last edited by a moderator:
love this build one of the main reason im making the jun helmet

LOL the girl on ur left is in a cosplay from the game series MONSTER HUNTER

MONSTER HUNTER FTW!!!!!!!!! (i mean the game, not her cosplay) XD

love this build one of the main reason im making the jun helmet

LOL the girl on ur left is in a cosplay from the game series MONSTER HUNTER

MONSTER HUNTER FTW!!!!!!!!! (i mean the game, not her cosplay) XD

yea, monster hunter thats right. Me and alot of other ppl thought my costume was better and my finnish on the suit was much much better than hers, but in the final round we were supposed to "play in character".....not so much to do as a spartan rly, not that i could come up with on the fly. But hell, im going to attend atleast one more con in this suit, so if any of you have tips to how to play "in character" plz let me know :p haha

haha regardless of being such a monster hunter fan i do think that you should have won.
i mean sewing is pretty hard im sure, not disrespecting anyone but im pretty sure the hardest part of that costume build wise was probly the sword and shield. but still props to her for making the mafu mafu set XD.

LOL as far as the getting into character you might have to ask others cus im not too big into "getting into character"

good luck on other contest hope your build wins :D

I really like the last picture on your post #52, the lighting looks really good in that one! You did a really good job with your armor...Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if green leds would look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back