Jun-Armor + WEP (WIP PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I need to pay more attention to the newer builds. You did an excellent job on this suit. Congrats on placing 3rd btw, but I have to agree, you should have been numeral UNO lol. Well, maybe I'm a bit partial to halo. Anyways fantastic job, I enjoyed seeing you improvement throughout the build. Keep up the great work!

Tony

Upgrade time

So I belive its time with an update. First off, thank you all for the great comments, it lifts the spirit during soon examns and also not having that much time for making ****. But now its only 2 moths ish to the next really really big CON here in Norway so i have to pick it up to get my suit done for that.

Uppgrade time:
Jun_left%2520-%2520marks.jpg

So, heres what im planning on doing:

RED: Planning on making an attachment for the forearm. Going to make it out of foam, with the one side attached with velcro so that i can put my smartphone in there for the screen.

BLUE: Going to make the shoulder attachment with the bullets. So i have bought 3 of these
Metal-Bullet-Shaped-Butane-Lighter-SKU-11870_5237389.jpg

They were cheap, and i think they have a cool and pretty realistic look and feel. So i just removed the "pen" thats inside and i think they will work nicely. The rest of the attachments is going to be made out of foam and hotglued on.

YELLOW: I am planning on bying one of these..
BG-WB-04-CB.jpg

..as soon as they get it in stock. Just need to figure out a way to make it look abit darker, maybe paint or collour it somehow. Any1 have any ideas of how to do that?

GREEN: For the thigh attachment i have ordered this one..
PH-DL-02-CB.jpg

..going to modify it a littlebit and also have to somehow colour it. I will also make the plate attachment under it out of foam and just hotglue it on to the thigh.

I have also ordered a NERF-gun for making a sniper, so i will be copying Sithslayer78 and Spartan-005 a bit :p hehe, but i hope they dont mind it :)

Guess I'll get started with this very soon so watch out for an update!

Foam Update::

So I have done some foam work on the wrist and shoulder attachment. But lets show some pics, more upcoming in a few days ;)

Picture%252038.jpg

Picture%252039.jpg

Picture%252040.jpg

Picture%252041.jpg

Picture%252042.jpg

Picture%252043.jpg

Shoulder:

Picture%252044.jpg

Picture%252045.jpg

Picture%252046.jpg

Just need to figure out a way to make it look abit darker, maybe paint or collour it somehow. Any1 have any ideas of how to do that?

I've seen people use coffee and tea to darken fabric, but I'm not sure exactly how well it would work on what appears to be canvas. Other than that, your build looks great. I can't wait to see your upgrades complete.

-Matt

The changes and improvements you have made are incredibly impressive! Just plain awesome what a few changes and a new helmet can make eh?
Don't know if it's the photography or not, but those LEDs look very sharp, have you though about diffusing them at all? Just a suggestion, but awesome work on the suit so far!

OOOOO new shiney toys for the armor. Me likey likey lol
Great job man, it all looks great :)

The changes and improvements you have made are incredibly impressive! Just plain awesome what a few changes and a new helmet can make eh?
Don't know if it's the photography or not, but those LEDs look very sharp, have you though about diffusing them at all? Just a suggestion, but awesome work on the suit so far!

Hey, Thx for the feedback. I just wondering what pic you are looking at when u think that the LEDs are to bright? Im no expert in electronics so I used a guide for how to wire them, there they told me to use a 18ohm resistor, but i didnt have anything that smal so i used a 100ohm resistor. So if im not completely wrong that means that the resistor is dimming the lights a bit down, the "frozed" plastic i have infront of the LEDs also dim it down abit. And all the LEDs are also angled to light up the smal rooms in the details, rather than pointing the lightbulb outward. I dont think they are to bright, the green LEDs i have are much much brighter than the blue.
This is what kind of LEDs i use (havent got any red or green on my suit yet tho):

GREEN LEDs
BLUE LEDs
RED LEDs

Update Time

So my wrist attachment is now almost complete, and it works! Ill show the pixs and explain from there.

Picture%252058%2520-%2520Copy.jpg

Ill go through the picture explaning what i have done:

YELLOW: For this artistic freedom detailing i have used a pen and wraped some foam around it for the "riffle" details.

BLUE: It will be easyer to see the hatch at the next pix, but the DarkBlue and the LightBlue represent where i have added some smal pieces of velcro. This is for holding the hatch locked so that my smartphone wont escape. I have also marked the velcro pieces with numbers so taht u can see what velcro's that belongs together.

RED: This is my foam hinges, i tried using regular steel hinges, but because og the angles and so on it just wasn't possible to use it. So i just have one 4-5mm wide foam piece going from the lid to the attachment on either side to make the hinges for the lid.

Green: Just the opening spot for me to slide in the smartphone.

Picture%252058.jpg

Same pix without my fancy paintjob...

Picture%252057.jpg

My smartphone (HTC desire) sliding into the attachment, to get the pix stay on the screen u have 2 of the same pix only on my phone. This way i can set it to "slideshow", loop it and remove the transition between pix. That way the phone will show the same pix on the screen in an endless loop, aka your picture stays on screen until you decide otherwise.

Picture%252056.jpg

Phone inside and the lid closed and held in place using the velcro only

Picture%252055.jpg

Picture%252054.jpg

Picture%252053.jpg

Picture%252052.jpg

Picture%252051.jpg

Picture%252049.jpg

Picture%252050.jpg

Picture%252049.jpg

Picture%252047.jpg

Picture%252048.jpg

What more to say about it....it is painted with
1. 2x layers of grey basecoat
2. 2x layers of mate black
3. "misted" green over it

upcoming:
- add battledmg paint
- add some more "shadows" and so on
- complete....

Nice progress so far, very clever use of the smart phone.

Redshirt

Great job so far on the additions; I'm impressed at how you managed to find accessories like the backpack and thigh pack that so closely resemble the game versions!

Looking forward to seeing how you do the .50 cal sniper round holders. Here's some inspiration for you: :cool

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4773.jpg

@Spitfire22V

I have watched your build before, and i love it! But mine is going to be much more simple. Im planing on just jusing hotglue to hold them in place and a foam strap over also attached with hotglue. I think it will look more like ingame that way. So tomorrow im off to buy some blue paint for the attachment.

Attachment update!

Soo huge progress on the shoulder attachment with the 50.cal's, it is now finnished! (i belive)....well right to the pics!

Picture%252059.jpg

Backside, the whole in the middle is carved out so that it will fit better over the shoulder itself.

Picture%252060.jpg

Picture%252061.jpg

Picture%252062.jpg

Picture%252063.jpg

Testing with the 50.cal's on top to watch how it looks :)

Picture%252064.jpg

Picture%252066.jpg

Picture%252065.jpg

Prepped for the last paint job, painting the details with a dark grey paint and "misting" them with mat black.

Picture%252067.jpg

Finnished painted, 50.cals hotglued in place, used a foampiece to make the strap over the bullets. Used yellow foam to make the arrows, its a foam that is pre-glued on one side so its just to press it down and it sticks!

Picture%252068.jpg

Picture%252069.jpg

Picture%252070.jpg

Picture%252072.jpg

Picture%252073.jpg

Attachment update! Part 2

Now lets take a look at how it looks when attached to the shoulder! :D

Picture%252075.jpg

Picture%252076.jpg

Picture%252077.jpg

Picture%252078.jpg

Picture%252079.jpg

So thats how it looks attached......now for it finnished with battledamage and scrapes.

Picture%252084.jpg

Picture%252085.jpg

Picture%252086.jpg

So thats how it looks, the picture doesnt really show the colour soo good, since in using my webcam to take the pictures, in lack of a real camera. But ill have some pictures taken with a propper camera later. Oh and some pics with the shoulder and wrist on the undersuit.

Picture%252087.jpg

Picture%252089.jpg

Picture%252091.jpg

Well thats all i have for now, next up is probably the helmet attachment with lights.

Attachment(s) turned out fantastic!! Being able to slide your smartphone in the forearm attachment worked out great. Keep up the great work.

-Matt

Looks super awesome :) Glad it came out nicely! sorry to bug you, but what file did you use for your smartphone attachment? Look's nice :p

Looks super awesome :) Glad it came out nicely! sorry to bug you, but what file did you use for your smartphone attachment? Look's nice :p

Thanks every1 :) @Miky, both the wrist and shoulder attachment are buildt from scratch, no files just the refference pictures and a little artistic freedom :)

Awesome looking work, I love all the detailing that went into add-on's and the latest is the greatest. I have 1 question for you tho, Can you throw the links up there to you're pouches (the one that you're waiting on):cool Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back