Just a quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newnobel6

Hello, I'm just starting. I want to create a mold for a helmet. I'm in the prosses of using Pepakura to print out what I want. But I'm running into a problem I want it to the armor to fit but I don't know how to size it? I don't what to print it output it all together just to find out it won't fit. Is there a way around this? Or do I have to make adjustments as I build it?

There is a long, sad song about this exact subject. Here's what to do:

1) I'm sorry, but you're going to have to read some things. The are a lot of sizing tutorials in the tutorial section, and they are all very helpful. Go through them and they will explain the process.

2) Measure you're head. This is difficult to do alone, so have some one help you.

a) You want the direct line distance from the tip of your nose to the back of your head at the longest point.

b) measure the distance in a straight line from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head.

c) measure the distance between your ears in a straight line.

3) These measurements are what you'll plug in to the sizing chart in pepakura designer 4. Not pepakura viewer, that's a restricted and limited version that won't let you do stuff. Go with the blue one. (Or armorsmith, but I have no experience in that.)

Now that you have plugged in the measurements, (if you input one they will all change accordingly...) you need to add more space. Think of how thick the padding is, how thick the material of the shell is, and how much space you'll need inside the helmet. Give it another half inch or inch.

There you go.

4) Now print out the bottom ring, top center, and some side strips and stick them together. This will give you an idea of how big the helmet really is.

5) Adjust accordingly.

6) update your build thread do we can all see! :D

1) I'm sorry, but you're going to have to read some things. The are a lot of sizing tutorials in the tutorial section, and they are all very helpful. Go through them and they will explain the process.

2) Measure you're head. This is difficult to do alone, so have some one help you.

a) You want the direct line distance from the tip of your nose to the back of your head at the longest point.

b) measure the distance in a straight line from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head.

3) These measurements are what you'll plug in to the sizing chart in pepakura designer 4. Not pepakura viewer, that's a restricted and limited version that won't let you do stuff. Go with the blue one. (Or armorsmith, but I have no experience in that.)

Now that you have plugged in the measurements, (if you input one they will all change accordingly...) you need to add more space. Think of how thick the padding is, how thick the material of the shell is, and how much space you'll need inside the helmet. Give it another half inch or inch.

There you go.

4) Now print out the bottom ring, top center, and some side strips and stick them together. This will give you an idea of how big the helmet really is.

5) Adjust accordingly.

There you go.

5) Adjust accordingly.

Thanks, Lot!! I definitely will keep the site up dated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back