Just joined today and have been reading alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcaxeslinger

Hey everyone,

I just joined today and have been reading alot about making armor and such. But i would really like to just do something easy for a begining. So ive decided to make a Magnum from either Halo: CE or Halo: Reach. Now i know im not supposed to do this but where should i start? I honestly havnt gotten a clue what to do to even get started. Im willing to take as much time and money as needed. Got any other ideas for things to just get my feet wet?

Thanks in advance,
Dalton

Well, in my opinion, there are two ways you can go about this. Either you can go the most common way and do a low def file, maybe a handplate or somesuch, or, if you're feeling particularly adventurous, challenge yourself, and work your way through an HD file, such as a helmet, so that there are no surprises later on when you get into higher detail pieces.
I'd also suggest checking out Heavy Gunner's Pepakura pack, as it has quite the selection to choose from when deciding what to pep.
Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

Hey man, welcome to the 405th. Like you, I'm a noob around here and I'm really eager to get started on my project. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up that I saw in a thread a day or two ago that a guy chose the magnum as his first project thinking it would be easy, but all of the small parts and such ended up being really tough. So for what it's worth (like I said, I'm a noob, so I'm not as experienced as other members) I just wanted to let you know that even though the magnum may look like an easy beginner's project, I've read that it is the opposite. I don't mean to discourage you, just to forewarn you. If you think you can manage it, by all means go for it, but whatever you decide to do good luck!

IMHO a rewarding but straightforward project is the low-def Mk V helmet as created by "MOZ". It's just 26 pieces and they are fairly large. To complete it, you will need to use all the skills required to make Halo armour, so it's a great training piece. Also, when you're done, you have something that is easily recognizable as a Halo piece.

It's available at the Halo Costuming Wiki here: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index (about 1/3 way down the page)

Direct link: http://www.4shared.com/file/5cbjgOp8/MKV_Helmet_by_MOZ.html

If you want to see one that is done, check out my build at the link in my signature. I still have to cut air vents, add lights, fans etc, but the basic product is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back